The case for going for Lawrence

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seem to remember the O-line being pushed into Dak's face most the time in those games, but Dak should have worn gloves against the Patriots. If he had, they might have won that game. That was on him and the coaches.
A new Dak excuse :muttley:before you know it they will be posting here that Libra was in Virgo hence Dak laying eggs again....:muttley:[/QUOTE]

starfan1

Reaction score
Coddling helps no one. Y'all easily impressed lads will just excuse anything Dak does. Everybody needs stans like Dak has just for being a fantasy football darling.
so you disagree the 2 fumbles weren't costly? nevermind talking to Dak deniers and or romosexuals about anything related to the QB or the team for that matter is futile. Im not excusing dak for things I just choose to look at the bigger picture as to all the things that take place in a game and not one position

football is a team sport and of all the major sports it plays the biggest role but continue on with your QB bashing its rather amusing. Tank for Trevor right?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so you disagree the 2 fumbles weren't costly? nevermind talking to Dak deniers and or romosexuals about anything related to the QB or the team for that matter is futile. Im not excusing dak for things I just choose to look at the bigger picture as to all the things that take place in a game and not one position

football is a team sport and of all the major sports it plays the biggest role but continue on with your QB bashing its rather amusing. Tank for Trevor right?

The Bigger picture type of guy you are ehh?
Well while opposing offenses are scoring what is Dak doing when we get the ball back?
NOTHING!!!!!!.......till its Garbage time!!!!!!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well while opposing offenses are scoring what is Dak doing when we get the ball back?
Debunked.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

If you're about looking at the bigger picture then why are you not looking at why can't me top QB do more? Yeah they fumbled but using that logic how about when Dak missed a wide open receiver in the end zone? How about his incompletions? If you want to look at the "bigger" picture lets look at it all not just stuff that benefits your pov. Tank for Trevor? If we get the number 1 pick why not but I'm not super hype about it one way or another. Now you being a Dak Cousins groupie are hype about me allegedly talking about tank for Trevor when I've never said or implied such.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There's an old saying that comes to mind when I see some of these comments and whether or not they are fans saying the same things that fans of rival teams say. That old saying is if it walks like a duck, if it swims like a duck, if it quacks like a duck it must be a duck. You keep saying that some people can't separate our hearts from our minds or you call it critical thinking but maybe it's you who doesn't see that what you're calling critical thinking is really just negative comments about a team you claim to be a fan of yet sounds like a fan of a rival team. There are users here who say a lot of negative things about the NFC East rivals that have nothing to do with seeing faults that they themselves may not see, but based solely on the user's dislike for the team and it's those type of comments that users here say about the Cowboys that makes some question whether they are really Cowboys fans because they say the same things that fans of rival teams say about the Cowboys.
So, you don’t like half empty glass fans. Is there any reason why our glasses might be half empty this era?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A new Dak excuse :muttley:before you know it they will be posting here that Libra was in Virgo hence Dak laying eggs again....:muttley:
[/QUOTE]
Not an excuse. I'm blaming him for trying to throw a wet ball with bare hands.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You must admit that we have nothing without Prescott or a QB with his ability. That’s been painfully apparent since his injury.

Yes, we were a turnover machine with him sitting at 1-3. Something we can’t afford with our defense.

Something I haven’t heard this forum really address to any extent is why did we become a turnover machine this year?

How much different is this season if we don’t place ourselves in these huge deficits early on?

Yes, we made them interesting making comebacks but that doesn’t play into our strengths offensively or defensively. And the results bared that out.

Any thoughts Cowboy fans?? Perhaps worthy of its own thread.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You must admit that we have nothing without Prescott or a QB with his ability. That’s been painfully apparent since his injury.

Yes, we were a turnover machine with him sitting at 1-3. Something we can’t afford with our defense.

Something I haven’t heard this forum really address to any extent is why did we become a turnover machine this year?

How much different is this season if we don’t place ourselves in these huge deficits early on?

Yes, we made them interesting making comebacks but that doesn’t play into our strengths offensively or defensively. And the results bared that out.

Any thoughts Cowboy fans??
We had nothing with him besides inflated stats people,like,yourself are impressed by. We weren't some SB contender with him. Whether the loss is by 1 or 100 it still counts the same. I guess you're apart of,the pretty loss crew. I get it during the games but truth is it doesn't matter they all add up the same.

starfan1

Reaction score

lol at least your consistent! Consistently wrong but consistent! Read slowly TEAM GAME! Not that Dak is free of blame but as far as our issues go he's well down the list.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had nothing with him besides inflated stats people,like,yourself are impressed by. We weren't some SB contender with him. Whether the loss is by 1 or 100 it still counts the same. I guess you're apart of,the pretty loss crew. I get it during the games but truth is it doesn't matter they all add up the same.
I’ve been critical of Dak in some areas but if you can’t see the difference in our offense without him then I’m not sure where to proceed from here.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Certainly there is a case for Trevor, just as there is a case for Dak. There's also a case for going with Dalton, or with Gilbert, the "load up on defense and have a bus driver offense" case.
There's a case for tearing down the entire team and starting over, after all we've had no significant playoff success for well over 20 years, other than win/loss records, if you start over you'll not be any worse off, in regards to getting SB trophies. Whether you don't make the playoffs or make the playoffs and lose in the second round, you are still a losing football team, as in there's the SB winner and everybody else is a loser. Maybe an essentially whole new team can be more successful.

All of the above have risk. All of the above are uncertain. All of the above will tick off some Cowboys fans and excite other Cowboys fans.

Pick your poison...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ll never agree with the All Or Nothing mentality. That 31 teams are a loser and there’s only 1 winner. That’s the Super Bowl or Bust fan.

For some teams and franchises progress and success can be measured without a World Championship.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’ve been critical of Dak in some areas but if you can’t see the difference in our offense without him then I’m not sure where to proceed from here.
There is no difference where it matters most and I explained all of this. If you can't see that I'm not sure where to proceed from here either.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is no difference where it matters most and I explained all of this. If you can't see that I'm not sure where to proceed from here either.
But there is a difference. Being competitive in games is making a difference. This isn’t a 2-14 team with Dak starting.

starfan1

Reaction score
But there is a difference. Being competitive in games is making a difference. This isn’t a 2-14 team with Dak starting.

your exactly I'd also argue this is a losing team with Mahomes although he may get you a win or 2 more than dak. The issues this team has is large and they are glaring. Dak is down the list. I think its stupid to move on from him and not fix the other things but I understand the $$ part of it.

if folks want to move on from people I'd start with jaylon the entire secondary not named Diggs, Wilson and yes Id move on from Zeke. I also get the contract dilemma with those 2

Philmonroe

Reaction score
A loss is a loss in my book and also the nfls book. Being competitive is junk talk until they start handing out half wins for being competitive.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You really cant. There is another poster who commented on the throw from Dak in the cleveland game where he threaded the needle to Amari for the TD saying "he got lucky. He stared him down and the CB missed it" lol. Some of these people hate him for no reason. Well. I know the reason but cant say it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’ll never agree with the All Or Nothing mentality. That 31 teams are a loser and there’s only 1 winner. That’s the Super Bowl or Bust fan.

For some teams and franchises progress and success can be measured without a World Championship.

Yes it all depends on one's definition of success. The All or Nothing mentality is hard on a fan, since there's only one champ a year. Don't win this year, you have to wait a long time for another shot at it. And the longer you go the worse it gets. The other definitions are easier to take, since there are always teams that are terrible, whether by design or just incompetence. One can always enjoy the wins, and if there's a lot more of them than losses, you're happy most of the time. Then you can point to things like number of winning seasons, number of playoff appearances, etc.

Though the All or Nothing view doesn't have to be a "mentality", just a way to judge a season. After all, why play if you don't aim to win it all?

There is an old saying in car racing "There's two positions in racing, first, and everybody else". I can enjoy a season in which the Cowboys don't win the SB (thank goodness!) but still view the season as unsuccessful. By definition in any competition where you crown one team as the "winner", the others are losers. Doesn't mean you get all depressed or angry about it...

jjktkk

Reaction score
Another one that wants to pin the entire win/loss record on the QB in a team sport. .
When a good, NFL QB like Dak wants to be paid elite QB money, his weaknesses will be heavily scrutinized. Like on the zone here.:grin: