The case for losing in KC serving the greater good

kevm3

Reaction score
I'd prefer a loss a couple of games before the playoffs as opposed to now so we get refocused during the playoffs. It's hard to win tons of games in a row

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If you show up prepared to play and leave it all on the field, there is no shame in losing to a better team. KC is not a better team. Losing should not be a thought.

ultron

Reaction score
Losing to KC will start the narrative that we only beat bad teams..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Damn Reid, you must have been disgusted a long time because I've been doing that ever since he decided to go mining on the Boogertron and national TV to open his palace with a loss. They used to post the pic on the old DC.com.

If it makes you feel better, you are not alone, others don't like it either but I don't care. He is Booger and will be until he goes to that great nostril in the sky.

His nickname before that was Ole Sphincter Face, which do you think he'd prefer?

And I consider childish at my age a compliment as I have officially crossed that barrier where younger women no longer think I am a dirty old man, I am now cute.

Ill be honest... not much bothers me. Dont know why it does, but it does.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now, that is different, If I thought this team could do that, the idea of which loss would hurt the least wouldn't have entered my mind but I do not see that happening. I think they've got 7 tough games left with KC, NO, AZ and the 4 division games. Of those, I am willing to give up the KC game because they are a good team and losing on TDay to LV would not be good at all.

I think some here are not watching our division teams closely enough, the Cowboys do not scare them in the least. PHL and WFT are fighting on every play. All depends on what's at stake when we met them and the same goes for NO and AZ.
Think we go 5 and 3 or 6 and 2 the rest of the way

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IDK. And I suppose someone will finally snap that mark. But until then I’d say it’s going against the odds . That’s my take anyway. Im superstitious like that when it comes to sports.
well, if you know anything about stats, youll know why the two events are not related in anyway.... statistically speaking. Kind of like flipping a coin. Im not superstitious.

At some point, nobody had won an NCAA and NFL title either... until someone did.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m going to say he’s already meddling. And he’s always a problem and concern.

All of his meddling isnt negative impact. But the fact he’s always over hyping his product and why he’s such a conflict of interest wearing both caps of owner and GM.

And we should never take our foot off the pedal with pressure on his ways . It’s why we are where we have been for a generation. It doesn’t matter where it goes from here. We will never get the last 25 years back.

His early success with Jimmy doesn’t give him a pass for life.

This isn’t for you as I know you’re a Jethro fan and sympathizer. That’s fine . There are many out there. He certainly has an entertainment value . But this is for all of those on the fence. I never tire of planting the seed.
Sympathizer? nope, just a relist.

Who owns the Jets? Ive no clue, but whomever it is doesnt appear to be meddling, and certainly isnt on TV boasting about their team. Nor is the Browns, Dolphins, Niners, Chargers and on and on owners. They appear to be the opposite of Jerry, which is what you seem to prefer. How is taking that approach working out for them? Appears to be far worse than Jerry's approach. At least weve been relevant every few years unlike those teams.

My point? The owner being like Jerry, or not like Jerry isnt what is determining if a team wins a super bowl.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’d recommend a 3 game losing streak so they get the most bang for the buck.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sympathizer? nope, just a relist.

Who owns the Jets? Ive no clue, but whomever it is doesnt appear to be meddling, and certainly isnt on TV boasting about their team. Nor is the Browns, Dolphins, Niners, Chargers and on and on owners. They appear to be the opposite of Jerry, which is what you seem to prefer. How is taking that approach working out for them? Appears to be far worse than Jerry's approach. At least weve been relevant every few years unlike those teams.

My point? The owner being like Jerry, or not like Jerry isnt what is determining if a team wins a super bowl.
I’ve always said the rest of the league should be ashamed some of them aren’t having anymore success running their franchises the right way but I’d rather compare ourselves to the franchises which are having more success.

Since our last championship all but 5 franchises have at least made a championship game . We are one of those 5 who haven’t . That’s not a group I want to be included with.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ya see, I disagree with this based on how they approached that Denver game. I am not sure this team plays it's best thinking it has already arrived.

I think losing that opener by such a close margin and knowing they could have won served a better purpose than a win.

This is not a playoff savvy team that confidence serves better than struggle.

They were off against Denver for a variety of reasons. It happens. Tampa didn't need to lose to Washington to find itself. The Rams didn't need to lose to San Fran. Etc.

This team doesn't need to be humbled, it just needs to play well. The same with every other good team. You play poorly in this league and almost anyone can beat you. Denver played possibly its best game of the season and we played our worst. That's something I prefer to see us avoid for the rest of the year.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's only Tuesday. Seems a bit premature to give up this early.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well, if you know anything about stats, youll know why the two events are not related in anyway.... statistically speaking. Kind of like flipping a coin. Im not superstitious.

At some point, nobody had won an NCAA and NFL title either... until someone did.
Sports is full of superstitions. Some players go thru the same rituals every game. And or stay away from anything associated with losing or a loss. It’s always been part of sports.

I wear the same gear every game until we lose and then won’t wear it again rest of the year after a loss.

willia451

Reaction score
TL;DR

TkcIjqq.gif

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
Winning this game isn't enough. If we walk off that field at the end of regulation and the entire Chief's team isn't sobbing in shame and humiliation, then we've lost. We stopped short and I won't have it.