The case for losing in KC serving the greater good

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Prescott made an interesting comment about why he thought they lost that Denver game and that challenge is with this team more than any other because the owner is going to boast about them announcing they have arrived. I agree with him that the Cowboys thought they could just show up.

That humbling experience at home brought a benefit in how they played the next week against a good offense trying to get on a roll. Now, they get another in KC. The Chiefs think they have solved their problems.

There is a fine line between confidence and swagger and the Cowboys were beginning to cross that line before they were embarrassed at home by a team the Eagles easily dealt with in Denver.

The Cowboys have a cushion in the East, although PHL and WFT don't look like they're giving up, and this would be an AFC lost and not count in the tie-breakers.

I know some never want to lose so this question isn't for them. For the greater good of the season, would losing this game serve a better purpose than winning it? Send the message they have more work to do.

I know some are hoping for homefield throughout and that is one slippery slope for such a young team. This very young team that put up that game at home against Denver and we've learned since then it was a very sloppy week of practice. Do we think that can't happen again.

Note: Those that have not lived in the Metroplex with that local media probably don't know what a struggle it is for those players to keep their heads about them. They are either headed for the dumpster or the Superbowl and when you are a young player, it is hard to stay level with all of that swirling around you and it is even worse now because they were really bad last season so the local media will make this more of a thing.

And to compound that, this owner will not dissuade them from going over the top should they win in KC. The mantra will be "if they can win in KC, they can win anywhere".

Parcells knew. That's why he used that "anointing oil" line when they went off the rails about Romo. He never used that in NY or NE.

The biggest lie these coaches and players tell us is that they don't pay attention to any of that. Of course they do, they're human. And they're a winner right now in what Aikman coined "a winner's town" and it concerns me they actually think they've won something before they actually win anything. There is no star that shines brighter than the Cowboys star when they are on a roll.

And I am not talking about a performance like they put up against Denver. A hard fought close loss might be more beneficial than a win with this team.

So, what do you think?
I think we should run the table

GORICO

Reaction score
Prescott made an interesting comment about why he thought they lost that Denver game and that challenge is with this team more than any other because the owner is going to boast about them announcing they have arrived. I agree with him that the Cowboys thought they could just show up.

That humbling experience at home brought a benefit in how they played the next week against a good offense trying to get on a roll. Now, they get another in KC. The Chiefs think they have solved their problems.

There is a fine line between confidence and swagger and the Cowboys were beginning to cross that line before they were embarrassed at home by a team the Eagles easily dealt with in Denver.

The Cowboys have a cushion in the East, although PHL and WFT don't look like they're giving up, and this would be an AFC lost and not count in the tie-breakers.

I know some never want to lose so this question isn't for them. For the greater good of the season, would losing this game serve a better purpose than winning it? Send the message they have more work to do.

I know some are hoping for homefield throughout and that is one slippery slope for such a young team. This very young team that put up that game at home against Denver and we've learned since then it was a very sloppy week of practice. Do we think that can't happen again.

Note: Those that have not lived in the Metroplex with that local media probably don't know what a struggle it is for those players to keep their heads about them. They are either headed for the dumpster or the Superbowl and when you are a young player, it is hard to stay level with all of that swirling around you and it is even worse now because they were really bad last season so the local media will make this more of a thing.

And to compound that, this owner will not dissuade them from going over the top should they win in KC. The mantra will be "if they can win in KC, they can win anywhere".

Parcells knew. That's why he used that "anointing oil" line when they went off the rails about Romo. He never used that in NY or NE.

The biggest lie these coaches and players tell us is that they don't pay attention to any of that. Of course they do, they're human. And they're a winner right now in what Aikman coined "a winner's town" and it concerns me they actually think they've won something before they actually win anything. There is no star that shines brighter than the Cowboys star when they are on a roll.

And I am not talking about a performance like they put up against Denver. A hard fought close loss might be more beneficial than a win with this team.

So, what do you think?

mr Couch-- you are 100% correct this post is not for me....losing and cowboys cannot operate together in my feeble mind

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now we look great... so "Meddling," is not a problem. But if we lose... oh boy, all of the sudden it is because Jerry was "Meddling." give it a rest already
Depends on when you think he "meddles" the most? When the team is down and struggling or when it is up and there's credit to be taken?

Do you really think it was Phillips that told the team to get out of town or that Booger let Garrett handle that 2016 magical team when they secured homefield.

Booger is all about rewarding it forward with his players.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
They've already been humiliated and bounced back....now they need to learn how to finish and stay focused.
Mr.Prescott and his Dak mafia need to go to KC and beat a good team with a winning record.
Yes, this is a statement game that will confirm to the rest of the NFL there's a new kid in town and not the same old DAK herd who beats on dog teams exclusively.
Cowboys!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we should run the table
Now, that is different, If I thought this team could do that, the idea of which loss would hurt the least wouldn't have entered my mind but I do not see that happening. I think they've got 7 tough games left with KC, NO, AZ and the 4 division games. Of those, I am willing to give up the KC game because they are a good team and losing on TDay to LV would not be good at all.

I think some here are not watching our division teams closely enough, the Cowboys do not scare them in the least. PHL and WFT are fighting on every play. All depends on what's at stake when we met them and the same goes for NO and AZ.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So, what do you think?
Kansas City is a hit or miss football team. Mr. twinkle toes media lover boy. We can stop him. He push the ball up for grabs against us Hill suffer for it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mr.Prescott and his Dak mafia need to go to KC and beat a good team with a winning record.
Yes, this is a statement game that will confirm to the rest of the NFL there's a new kid in town and not the same old DAK herd who beats on dog teams exclusively.
Cowboys!!
We’ve already beat three teams this season with a winning record. What’s your problem. I thought Zeke was going to get 100 yards and save us last week. Where was he all. It was Prescott that scored more touchdowns that’s right

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah bad or good Arrowhead is a BEAST to play in. Going to be a nice test for our guys in that environment.
Prescott what are the very few quarterbacks to win in Lambo. And in New England. I have no doubt we can go in Kansas City and beat them

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve already beat three teams this season with a winning record. What’s your problem. I thought Zeke was going to get 100 yards and save us last week. Where was he all. It was Prescott that scored more touchdowns that’s right

I'm sure we will be meeting those tough Falcons in the playoffs.....:muttley:

ESisback

Reaction score

So, what do you think?

I totally get what you’re saying, Brocephus, but no…I want to win. Always!

Of course, if we lose, your take will be my silver lining!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys!!
I agree with you, my friend! Thus will be a statement win
If it happens. Mahomes will be fired up for this one!

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man let's show the league we are truly BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure we will be meeting those tough Falcons in the playoffs.....:muttley:
Prescott already beat Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau Field. He beat Bill Belichick in New England. He could have five Super Bowl rings and it wasn’t him LMAO everybody has your number

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can’t stand Mr. twinkle toes . He runs like he has Aaron Rodgers up his butt. He’s a hit or miss quarterback. He push the ball up like he has even like he did against the Raiders. Turnover. Everybody knows I don’t like him

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can’t stand Mr. twinkle toes . He runs like he has Aaron Rodgers up his butt. He’s a hit or miss quarterback. He push the ball up like he has even like he did against the Raiders. Turnover. Everybody knows I don’t like him
I like Mahomes.....he's a former Texas HS QB, they're many in the NFL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like Mahomes.....he's a former Texas HS QB, they're many in the NFL
I know a lot of people like him. I can’t stand the media loverboy crybaby. I’m tired of him throwing his players under the bus. It’s everybody else’s fault but his