The Celtics are Nasty!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Pierce is untouchable. I have watched both games against the Spurs and all of their playoff games. He walks on water with the refs. No one is allowed to do anything near Pierce or it is a foul.

But I will say this about Pierce, at least he is super aggressive and tenacious. He is the only real clutch player on the Celtics.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Danny White;2089332 said:
Here it is...

So what Simmons is saying:

The difference between Duncan and Garnett is that one is clutch, and the other has one in their car.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2091854 said:
Pierce is untouchable. I have watched both games against the Spurs and all of their playoff games. He walks on water with the refs. No one is allowed to do anything near Pierce or it is a foul.

But I will say this about Pierce, at least he is super aggressive and tenacious. He is the only real clutch player on the Celtics.
:laugh2: so true. the NBA is so soft compared to what it used to be.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rampage;2091962 said:
:laugh2: so true. the NBA is so soft compared to what it used to be.

its cause of the Knicks and Heat of the 90s. Those two teams played the ugliest basketball ever. All they did was go thug on everyone. It was because of those two teams that Stern got stricter with the rules as far as physical play and perimeter defense.

Imagine little Ray Ray having to work for his shot like Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Joe Dumars, etc. and still being as effective...It wouldn't happen. He is too much of a crybaby. If anyone D's up on him, he turns into a camel toe right before your eyes.

Bruce Bowen isn't dirty. He is a throwback. He plays defense the way they did in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. The difference is, in this era, only the Spurs and Pistons have consistently year after year played real defense. The Showtime Lakers played defense. The Bad Boy Pistons played defense. The Bulls played defense....but then all those rule changes happened and defense disappeared except for the two franchises I stated earlier.

What we have been left with, is a bunch of finesse, sissified players, who flop everywhere and whine over every little call.......on offense if they don't get a call and on defense if they are called for any type of violation.

Another thing that has helped to sissify the league is the influx of international players. While I like the diversity, the international players for the vast majority have been floppers, finesse players, and lack defense.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2091983 said:
its cause of the Knicks and Heat of the 90s. Those two teams played the ugliest basketball ever. All they did was go thug on everyone. It was because of those two teams that Stern got stricter with the rules as far as physical play and perimeter defense.

Imagine little Ray Ray having to work for his shot like Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Joe Dumars, etc. and still being as effective...It wouldn't happen. He is too much of a crybaby. If anyone D's up on him, he turns into a camel toe right before your eyes.

Bruce Bowen isn't dirty. He is a throwback. He plays defense the way they did in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. The difference is, in this era, only the Spurs and Pistons have consistently year after year played real defense. The Showtime Lakers played defense. The Bad Boy Pistons played defense. The Bulls played defense....but then all those rule changes happened and defense disappeared except for the two franchises I stated earlier.

What we have been left with, is a bunch of finesse, sissified players, who flop everywhere and whine over every little call.......on offense if they don't get a call and on defense if they are called for any type of violation.

Another thing that has helped to sissify the league is the influx of international players. While I like the diversity, the international players for the vast majority have been floppers, finesse players, and lack defense.
well you pretty much sumed it up:laugh2: oh and Nors your celtics better figure out how to win a road game now........

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Celtics lose HCA........the ball is now in the Pistons court....and the Cs have yet to win a road game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
whatever happened to amir johnson? he is supposed to be their future at SF...but i never see him play.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I see the Coward is nowhere to be found ..... but he sure made it online quick after the Spurs lost last night.

:lmao2:

:patriots:

.......:pee:
Celtics

irvin88

Reaction score
zrinkill;2092036 said:
I see the Coward is nowhere to be found ..... but he sure made it online quick after the Spurs lost last night.

:lmao2:

:patriots:

.......:pee:
Celtics

r u surprised ?:lmao2:

Route 66

Reaction score
I just had to...

http://img242.*************/img242/4206/iamlegendbigposterat4.jpg

MC KAos

Reaction score
at this point i would be surprised if he had shown up, and conversely i will be surprised if he DOESNT show up if the spurs lose, and then dissappear after we ask him about his celtics. as for the celtics, i mean could it have been more obvious who was shooting the three there in the end? doc is a complete idiot, talking to ray allen by himself, ya THAT wasnt obvious

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the rest of this series, the big three all had big games and they still lost. With them losing at home for the first time I'm interested to see what they do knowing that they NEED to win on the road.

Route 66

Reaction score
Like Doc told them to do at the halftime adjustment, they came out guns ablazing in the third but Detroit just seemed to answer that every time.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Rowdy;2092531 said:
Like Doc told them to do at the halftime adjustment, they came out guns ablazing in the third but Detroit just seemed to answer that every time.
that's the key to beating the celtics at home. weather the 3rd quarter storm.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Celtic fans are the worst in the NBA.

There team gets 14,000 people a game last year, then the get Garnett and Allen, trade away the 2nd best young big man in the game to do so.

Then all of a sudden, there are a million new Celtic fans, they are all of a sudden die-hards. They win 65+ games, and all of a sudden they are printing NBA championship shirts.

Sadly, you cowardly, idiotic fans. Championship teams win on the road against sub .500 teams. Championship teams have players who are intense up by 20 or down by 20 *cough* Garnett *cough*, Championship teams bury teams when they have the chance.

And finally, Championship teams WIN on home court.

Sorry Celtics, and cowardly, laughable, bandwagoning Celtic fans. We hardly knew ya! See you guys in the Lottery in 3 years when your teams 3 all-stars are all over the age of 33, and your in salary cap hell, worse than the New York Knicks. And all this, without a championship ring.

PS: You know your in trouble when PJ Brown is your most clutch front court player.