The clock is ticking on Prescott

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lamar and Kyler are 27 year old, dual threat QBs. Dak is going to be 32 next July and can only threaten a defense with a lot of protection and a full compliment of offensive weapons. Maybe Dak can find someone to pay him 200M until he's 35. I just hope it's not Dallas. He wins a lot of games against bad teams but is sub .500 in his career against playoff bound teams while sporting a 2-5 playoff record. He's about as good as he's ever going to be and its not nearly good enough.
What kind of threat was Brady? Either Manning brother? Running QB's are overrated.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at every QB over the past decade against "winning" teams. All are sub-.500 with two exceptions- Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes.
Wilson and Jackson too. I honestly don't care about that as much as his 2-5 playoff record.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lamar and Kyler are 27 year old, dual threat QBs. Dak is going to be 32 next July and can only threaten a defense with a lot of protection and a full compliment of offensive weapons. Maybe Dak can find someone to pay him 200M until he's 35. I just hope it's not Dallas. He wins a lot of games against bad teams but is sub .500 in his career against playoff bound teams while sporting a 2-5 playoff record. He's about as good as he's ever going to be and its not nearly good enough.
He doesn't need to get any better. We need a running game and a run defense. Pretty sure if our D gave up 14.6 points per game like KC, Dak could score 17 for the win.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't need to get any better. We need a running game and a run defense. Pretty sure if our D gave up 14.6 points per game like KC, Dak could score 17 for the win.
Dak had a golden opportunity last January in home playoff game against a 9-8 Packer team that barely made the playoffs ..........and he wet the bed. That's Dak's career in a nutshell. Not good enough.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea , those type stats are just talking points. Most QB’s don’t have as much success against the better teams in general.

And the Cowboys playoff record as been dismal for almost 30 years.

Teams usually don’t release Franchise QB’s who consistently make the playoffs.

Cowboys are 5-10 in playoffs since 2000.
Quincy 0-1
Romo 2-4
Dak 2-5
Correction Romo was 3-4

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If he's not signing with us, I don't care how much he makes. I think he is going to get more than he deserves.
Well, he is. Nicely articulated. I don’t believe Jerry Jones is the brightest bulb in the marquee. He is, however, playing this right. The Cowboys will be moving on from Prescott at some point. That is inevitable. Now is as good a time as any. 49ers, Lions, Eagles, Packers, all had quarterbacks they committed to and had to move on to an alternative. That time is now for the Cowboys. Use up Prescott this season, that’s a reasonable plan, but so is seeking the team’s next QB1. If it’s not Lance, try someone else, but do something for god’s sake. There is no pride being stuck inside a slowly sinking ship.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak had a golden opportunity last January in home playoff game against a 9-8 Packer team that barely made the playoffs ..........and he wet the bed. That's Dak's career in a nutshell. Not good enough.
Yes. Our D only gave up 14 points. You are correct.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So he choked in one playoff game big time . And as it turns out that 9-8 Packer team took SF to the brink playing much better second half of season than we were down the stretch.

It was still an upset and shouldn’t have been blown out. Dak was horrible as our defense was but wanting to totally start over as a result is typical angry knee jerk reaction .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The defense wasn't throwing INTs and not converting on 3rd down. Loss is on Dak and he said so. Don't take my word for it. Take his.
No doubt he was horrible . The pick 6 and 2 int put us in a huge hole. Just pitiful .

But defense gave up 6 TD’s in first 7 possessions. It was a total team turd.

stiletto

Reaction score
So he choked in one playoff game big time . And as it turns out that 9-8 Packer team took SF to the brink playing much better second half of season than we were down the stretch.

It was still an upset and shouldn’t have been blown out. Dak was horrible as our defense was but wanting to totally start over as a result is typical angry knee jerk reaction .
No one played well in the Packers game but Dak certainly didn't help get the team going. Dak also choked against the 49ers on the road in 2023 when we lost 19-12. That wasn't the defenses fault. He's pretty much a certified playoff/big game choker at this point. How many do-overs does he get?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one played well in the Packers game but Dak certainly didn't help get the team going. Dak also choked against the 49ers on the road in 2023 when we lost 19-12. That wasn't the defenses fault. He's pretty much a certified playoff/big game choker at this point. How many do-overs does he get?
When you consistently have top 10 type numbers and continue leading your team to the playoffs you usually get an entire career to finally break thru as frustrating as that can be .

stiletto

Reaction score
When you consistently have top 10 type numbers and continue leading your team to the playoffs you usually get an entire career to finally break thru as frustrating as that can be .
What? Two decades of it? Honestly, who cares about top 10? Yeah, he's great against the NFC Least and other bottom feeder teams. Good for him.

Like I've said. Dak and the 12-5 Cowboys are like the hottest girl on the block you finally get to date. Problem is, you realize she has V.D. when things get hot and heavy. Oops!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
What? Two decades of it? Honestly, who cares about top 10? Yeah, he's great against the NFC Least and other bottom feeder teams. Good for him.

Like I've said. Dak and the 12-5 Cowboys are like the hottest girl on the block you finally get to date. Problem is, you realize she has V.D. when things get hot and heavy. Oops!!
Question who is a Jerry great against?