The clock is ticking on Prescott

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What? Two decades of it? Honestly, who cares about top 10? Yeah, he's great against the NFC Least and other bottom feeder teams. Good for him.

Like I've said. Dak and the 12-5 Cowboys are like the hottest girl on the block you finally get to date. Problem is, you realize she has V.D. when things get hot and heavy. Oops!!
I feel everyone frustrations. It hurts. But most franchises settle for being a consistent contender.

coult44

Reaction score
If Cowboys don’t have a deal signed within 16 days, the beginning of regular season, by most estimations this will be his last season in Dallas.

I know many fans feel he’ll be playing this season for a new contract but most accounts are if he needs to prove more to the Cowboys Mgmt he’d rather move on.

And most critics and analysts would argue he will be highly sought after despite some fans and detractors who cast him off as damaged goods , a less than franchise QB. Just too much demand for QB’s in the NFL.

I’m not advocating for resigning him but simply pointing out what the altercations and impacts could be . We shall know soon what the direction is for the Cowboys moving forward . And that decision could very well derail hopes this season will be more than a dumpster fire and potential disaster with a lame duck HC and QB which presents so much uncertainty. We’ll need an extra bag of popcorn:)
I don’t think most people think he’s playing for a new contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Question who is a Jerry great against?
He’s not great against anyone this era . But to his credit as dysfunctional his ways are which I totally despise he has been able to keep his team relevant hanging around the rim.

Mostly because he’s lucked out on a couple QB’s falling in his lap . Not great QB’s but enough to stay competitive. That’s enough to hype your brand and keep butts in the stands.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t think most people think he’s playing for a new contract.
No, if he isn’t signed before the season or right after he’s most likely gone. He won’t want to stay here. In a place he needs to risk his health and security to prove himself .

kskboys

Reaction score
When Mahomes played poorly in the first half, arguably 3 quarters their D kept them in the game.
I have no idea how in hades people missed the fact that Mahomes just won a super bowl on the strength of his D. I mean, it was blatantly obvious. Yes, he makes plays when it counts, and that is a huge part of the equation, no doubt. Do people even know that he beat the Ravens in the playoffs 17-10?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Gnats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Except when it mattered most in the 2007 playoffs and the season finale elimination game in 2011. They always got the better of us when it counted. The Giants went on to win the Super Bowl both years. They even handed us a loss in our first ever game at AT&T in 2009. This is why Cowboys Nation hates Eli Manning so much.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When Mahomes played poorly in the first half, arguably 3 quarters their D kept them in the game.
Yea , their 2nd ranked defense doesn’t get enough credit. They propelled them to a championship this year. Mahomes of course is Mahomes but without that defense they aren’t repeating.

stiletto

Reaction score
No, if he isn’t signed before the season or right after he’s most likely gone. He won’t want to stay here. In a place he needs to risk his health and security to prove himself .
I don't understand why people still think Dak should be allowed to prove himself and he hasn't had proper chances to do so? He's been given almost a decade and several chances. He is what he is... A good regular season QB that pads his stats against average to below average teams but at the same time he's a QB that struggles against better defenses and when the lights get bright. We have a strong sample size to properly analyze.

There's no shame in evaluating him by the facts as they exist.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He’s not great against anyone this era . But to his credit as dysfunctional his ways are which I totally despise he has been able to keep his team relevant hanging around the rim.

Mostly because he’s lucked out on a couple QB’s falling in his lap . Not great QB’s but enough to stay competitive. That’s enough to hype your brand and keep butts in the stands.
It is unbelievable to me. By definition the only way you can become a great QB is by winning a SB.

Despite all of Jerry's faults it is still Dak's and Tony's fault we have not won a SB, because they were not good enough to over come his incompetence.

1. Tony muffed snap. Seattle puts a brand new ball in the game during a time out. In the off season a new rule is put in place.

2. Dez catch, no catch. New rule is put in place in the off season.

3. Patrick Crayton drops the ball. Giants go on to win the SB, as a wild card team.

I know these are all mistakes by Romo.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have no idea how in hades people missed the fact that Mahomes just won a super bowl on the strength of his D. I mean, it was blatantly obvious. Yes, he makes plays when it counts, and that is a huge part of the equation, no doubt. Do people even know that he beat the Ravens in the playoffs 17-10?
The average fan is clueless. The don't understand the game. The watch the ball snapped to the QB and only see the QB. They don't see the game actually being played. The camera follows around the QB. They don't know any different.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mahomes thrives no matter the situation.

Dak doesn’t.

Dak gives you about the same thing Goff or Cousins does in similar circumstances.

Just run the offense and go into a shell during tough times.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't understand why people still think Dak should be allowed to prove himself and he hasn't had proper chances to do so? He's been given almost a decade and several chances. He is what he is... A good regular season QB that pads his stats against average to below average teams but at the same time he's a QB that struggles against better defenses and when the lights get bright. We have a strong sample size to properly analyze.

There's no shame in evaluating him by the facts as they exist.
Yea , and thats pretty much the story for most average to above average non Elite QB’s with non Elite defenses.

I’m not sure all fans can accept we aren’t or at least haven’t been a championship caliber team with or without Dak. We weren’t with Romo either. But we are a consistent playoff contender which is the first priority for franchises.

It’s really tough for me to think we can do much more with our dysfunctional ownership this era. There just aren’t enough Elite QB’s to go around .

Unfortunately this is probably our destiny Cowboy fans. Much like the last 30 years.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Dak doesn’t.

Dak gives you about the same thing Goff or Cousins does in similar circumstances.

Mahomes sucked the first 3 quarters of the SB.

Mahomes lost 5 games in the regular season. They were all when the D gave up more than 21 points.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Dak doesn’t.

And unfortunately that’s reality for most teams in the league. There just aren’t enough Elite QB’s to go around .

And we haven’t shown the ability to build a generational defense to carry us.

This might be about as good as it gets with our dysfunctional ownership and toxic culture.

There’s not another Mahomes out there to save us.