The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until you find out that Mike McCarthy started his coaching career coaching linebackers....

the edit button is your friend.....
I'm well aware of McCarthy's history.

I'm also well aware that this is the NFL and when you hire a defensive coordinator he is in charge of coaching all aspects of the defense. Not the head coach. Especially not a head coach who essentially acts as his own offensive coordinator and playcaller.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This hire doesn’t move the needle. Screams “familiarity” and “keep the band together”.
Keeping the band together would have been keeping someone with ties to Quinn in charge.

It may not move the needle as you state. But it is hardly about familiarity other than Jerry Jones might vaguely recall his last stint in Dallas.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Too many good cops on the sidelines. The Cowboys needed a ‘bad cop’, sorely.
If that be the case, Zimmer fits the bill. Problem is he is old and the new Gen z guys won't listen. It might implode quickly

Kwyn

Reaction score
You must be a new fan ........ enjoy the ride and I wish i still trusted this front office like you.
I don’t trust the front office. Trust is irrelevant.

What I don’t do is take delight in dumping on everything in sight and being constantly negative. It’s tiresome.

MikeT22

Reaction score
He's been a good coach, so all we can do is hope for the best. He's had some successes and some failures, so we'll see what we get. We've got some good building blocks for him to work with (Parsons, Diggs, Bland), a few other quality defenders like Lawrence and some areas that need strong improvement talentwise. No DC is going to do any better than Quinn did if the front office doesn't go out and get the talent needed to succeed.
Quinn pretty much handpicked the defensive players in the draft when he was here.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We don't have the talent. We need big DT, Linebackers, a Safety.
You are way off base. There is a lot of talent on this defense.I said we need a LB and a DT. We don’t need a safety. We need to play our safeties correctly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry looked pleased as punch in that Honors photo. That aint a guy thats worried bout a chip. He has his own personal playground-hobby.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You are way off base. There is a lot of talent on this defense.I said we need a LB and a DT. We don’t need a safety. We need to play our safeties correctly.
its talent but the wrong talent. We aren't a good team when it matters. I will argue that we aren't talented enough. Nor smart enough.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Trying to figure if this was a Jerry hire or a McCarthy hire. If a Jerry hire, he will never learn.

Kwyn

Reaction score
It's going to scare the crap out of me when McCarthy is fired after the season and this sissy is interviewed for HC.
Why do you call him “coward” and “sissy”? Pretty weak insults and seem personal. Do you have some sort of relationship with him in “real life” or are you just trying to be provocative?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Vikings chased Zimmer out of town when his coaching style wore thin on the players.