The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

Rayman70

Reaction score
And if that was the plan.....then they should have just bitten the bullet now and hired Vrable....and let him hire his own staff. One of our problems is letting Jerry knit together these rag tag staffs of nobodies that have ZERO loyalty to one another. We already seen how quickly McCarthy is willing to stab a coordinator in the back to save his own skin.
agree. Jerry is always several steps behind

Kwyn

Reaction score
No. I just don't have fan dementia and remember his tenure here.
But why those words? It doesn’t make sense.

were his defensive schemes “cowardly”? Did his players act like “sissy’s”?

Or are you actually trying to do some junior high level questioning of his manhood?

It’s weird and creepy.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
A majority of what I’m reading is they like the hire if he is strictly a DC
It's as if people have completely forgot the Campo years......I haven't. :popcorn:

Then there was the 2005 season.....the Demarcus Ware, Spears, Burnett, Canty.....Ratliff draft......and we still didn't make the playoffs.

Let me remind you people.....of the recipe. Keep it close until the 4th quarter.....figure out a way to let Romo to bail us out.

The bend but don't break Zimmer defense that always managed to meltdown late in the year.....

tomokawan

Reaction score
You are way off base. There is a lot of talent on this defense.I said we need a LB and a DT. We don’t need a safety. We need to play our safeties correctly.
We do need a safety. What were you watching?? Kearse stinks.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
And this is why we are doomed with Jerry. I would surmise this was all Jerry and comfort, loyalty, emotion and familiarity won out. I will prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

I will also wait to see what they do with personnel. If they don’t plug some holes, it wouldn’t matter who the DC is.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Zim has always was a good teacher. I was sad to see him go and miss the old battles with the GROZ krew. Happy to see him back and I expect to see GROZ after the first game we get run over on defense.

Now that he is back I am curious how the defense will look. As I am sure many have pointed out, he has worked with both fronts. He also learned from Parcells who was an outstanding teacher too.

At least we know that he will sell out to stop the run. He got crucified for it before when he realized Ellis and the scrubs was not going to work for the 1 gap scheme. That was the time period I started for more DT talent. My Dad used to always talk about White and Lilly. It was hard watch but it wasn't his fault Jones and Lacewell have no business running a draft.

OL, RB, WR, DL, LB, and S. This team has so many needs. Much like before, there may not be much Zimmer can do.
Out of those positions, I'm most concerned about DT.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

here_we_go_classic_round_sticker-r83a6f8d7de0d4b33a4685366de14ae06_v9waf_8byvr_630.jpg

ksadler1

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how I feel about this. I like Zimmer, but wanted someone younger who was looking to prove something. Oh well, it's not like I'm expecting a lot out of next year anyway.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hopefully he is a voice of reason to draft another DT to make up for the mistake last year.
Darren Woodson says Zimmer's a hard coach with high expectations, maybe he'll turn that "mistake last year" into a winner this year.
Then they can still draft another serious DT to go with him!

calico

Reaction score
Gross. A retread of yesteryear; good luck, jerry. You’ve wasted enough of my time and money the past 28 years. Texans looking good next year…

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Let's just hire Norv Turner, Chan Gailey and Dave Campo while we are at it.

Most teams these days go for the younger coaches, not guys stuck in the 90s.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dexter Coakley 5-10 230
Dat Nguyen 5-11 238
Al Singleton 6-2 250
Bradie James 6-2 240
geez , like this is decades long ago ..

Vikes starting LB s under Zimm:
Anthony Barr - 247 lbs
Eric Kendricks - 227
Chad Greenway- 237
Jasper Brinkley - 255
Erin Henderson - 242

_sturt_

Reaction score
As far as I saw, Zimmer was easily the most widely acclaimed option in the list of options. Practically no one of any regard... former scouts, former coaches, former players... had anything bad to say, and most seemed to consider him the #1 or #2 best of those believed to be getting an interview.

That doesn't make him the right hire, but it does make the decision hard to argue persuasively... persuasively... as being boneheaded.