The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sure swung for the fences with this hire. Base single on a T-ball field. What a %$#@ franchise this is.
Well said. Jerry thinks he slipped one by us fans. Just look at him grinning ear to ear. What a Joke of a franchise. We have the Keystone cops running the equivalent of a Ferrari dealership when they only know about American Cars. Stupid. Jerry goes for the low hanging fruit every time by design.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I do not agree ........I think All In means a lot more than trades and free agency.
I mean the question was about their thought process about free agency and player acquisition but sure I mean you’re entitled to your opinion

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Zim has always was a good teacher. I was sad to see him go and miss the old battles with the GROZ krew. Happy to see him back and I expect to see GROZ after the first game we get run over on defense.

Now that he is back I am curious how the defense will look. As I am sure many have pointed out, he has worked with both fronts. He also learned from Parcells who was an outstanding teacher too.

At least we know that he will sell out to stop the run. He got crucified for it before when he realized Ellis and the scrubs was not going to work for the 1 gap scheme. That was the time period I started for more DT talent. My Dad used to always talk about White and Lilly. It was hard watch but it wasn't his fault Jones and Lacewell have no business running a draft.

OL, RB, WR, DL, LB, and S. This team has so many needs. Much like before, there may not be much Zimmer can do.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Why the “!”?

Terrible hire
Who were you expecting, lol? They said it was between Zimmer or Rivera. Id rather it be the guy who at least has been a DC in the last 10 years. Rivera was last a DC a long time ago.
First thing he must have said after looking at the roster - WHERE THE HELL ARE THE LBs , lol

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true. We will not see the turnovers anywhere close to what we have seen these players accomplish in the last few years.

The thing to remember is how much that actually mattered. It may have won a few games here and there against poor opponents. The turnover trait tended to disappear against better competition.

I am not trying to advocate support for the hire. I am trying to make it make sense since Zimmer's philosophy is so unlike what we have hitched our wagon to in terms of defensive identity.

The only real problem is if the defenders have more of an issue reading and reacting versus playing loose street ball as they have under Quinn. It cannot be denied that Zimmer will have a different eye towards making mistakes.
Definitely agree with this!

Carson

Reaction score
This is true. We will not see the turnovers anywhere close to what we have seen these players accomplish in the last few years.

The thing to remember is how much that actually mattered. It may have won a few games here and there against poor opponents. The turnover trait tended to disappear against better competition.

I am not trying to advocate support for the hire. I am trying to make it make sense since Zimmer's philosophy is so unlike what we have hitched our wagon to in terms of defensive identity.

The only real problem is if the defenders have more of an issue reading and reacting versus playing loose street ball as they have under Quinn. It cannot be denied that Zimmer will have a different eye towards making mistakes.
Good to see you back around here again my friend

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
this was a bridge hire, nothing more. Cap Boy is planning for 2025.
And if that was the plan.....then they should have just bitten the bullet now and hired Vrable....and let him hire his own staff. One of our problems is letting Jerry knit together these rag tag staffs of nobodies that have ZERO loyalty to one another. We already seen how quickly McCarthy is willing to stab a coordinator in the back to save his own skin.