The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It's a great hire! You are just opposed to anything good for the Cowboys.
Great hire? Lol

Same guy that got schooled by Cooper Rush and the “terrible Kellen Moore” that you guys couldnt wait to be gone

b5384d9a09d123b2e3f372d05aafba02.gif

Go Cowboys!

Reaction score
This is a nightmare. Never blitzing, dropping seven in coverage on 3rd and longs, I could not wait to get rid of him. He stuck early on as he had Deion and only had to cover half of the secondary, no one threw at prime. 2003 he had horses. That was it. He's never won anything at any level.

This is a boring do nothing move. As if the end of the season was not a mess enough, we have now traded Quinn for Zimmer. Unreal. The turnovers will plummet and the aggression will be out the door. Ugh... "Zimmer's record as the team's defensive coordinator was 49-63-0, making him the second-least successful defensive coordinator in Dallas Cowboys history. The team made it to the playoffs two times (2003, 2006) and had a 0-2 record under Coach Zimmer in playoff games." https://pro-football-history.com/franchpos/20/8/dallas-cowboys-defensive-coordinator-history.

Total mess.

Still angry.

L-

reddyuta

Reaction score
we dont even have good DTs to run this system,this will ruin our defense and everybody will get fired and its back to square one.

DAL1180

Reaction score
If that be the case, Zimmer fits the bill. Problem is he is old and the new Gen z guys won't listen. It might implode quickly
Maybe that is the fault of the entitled Gen Z bunch and not the fault of the experienced coach. And the KC Gen Z bunch doesn't seem to have problems listening to their "old " coordinators.

cmoney23

Reaction score
It's really easy to hire guys who are unemployed and no one else in the league wants!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dave Campo came back as the secondary coach in 2008.
I should have known. I remember him saying after he got fired as HC he would be willing to come back in another capacity.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
we dont even have good DTs to run this system,this will ruin our defense and everybody will get fired and its back to square one.
So what! We are starting from scratch in 2025 after MM is let go anyway. Zim will be our new HC!

_sturt_

Reaction score
Live camera of Zoners approaching The Star in real time...

13a0.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No shock here.....the shock is they were interviewing others just to go ahead and hire Zimmer all this time. Once Zimmer got off his couch and said he was interested, it's a wrap.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
I remember reading an article in the little cowboys monthly newspaper 30 years ago about the young defensive wiz the cowboys had hired from WSU…Mike Zimmer.

Praxit

Reaction score
..at least they'll stop the run in 24'.. lol..

The guys will go back to man to man, not playing 10 yds off.

Carson

Reaction score
..at least they'll stop the run in 24'.. lol..

The guys will go back to man to man, not playing 10 yds off.
I think the two deep will be beneficial to Quinn’s cover 3

_sturt_

Reaction score
Comical to me that people actually try to peddle the theory that those who have had success doing X, Y or Z in a given field are... s'helpme... some of the worst possible candidates for a job opening... hehehehe... and they're cold serious about it... they're not even trying for laughs.