The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

akcowboy22

Reaction score
The players have to be smart enough for his system. His last go around the players were not smart enough for his system, he dumbed it down and went bend but dont break and not get beat deep. He had to play off 10yds so he wouldn't get beat deep.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know I'm a minority but I love it ........this is his shot to get back into the league. As said in another thread, we at least won't have to worry about players taking plays off or making business decisions.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Out of all the candidates that were left, he was atop of my list. Not a players coach by any means and will bring accountability day 1, which this group needs. Wonder if he brings back Edwards to join him
Exactly, 100%.........yes, I can def see him bringing Edward back. He's going to need all the help he can get.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean if I can try to find some sort of silver lining here, he seems to like having good LBs and DTs.

Other than that, I got nothing.

PS - I am with the others that said Zimmer was their guy all along. Jerry likes comfortable and Zimmer is comfortable for him. The rest of this was a dog and pony show from Jerry thinking we'd all buy his extensive process. Jerry thinks we are dumb.
I think he is a one and done here. But if he get Mazi Smith on track, he'll have done alot for the next guy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't care if he has input or not. Fix the defense and stop relying on rookies. That's why I'm not even following the draft this year. Has nothing to do with dallas if we're supposed contenders. I'm done with this team begging rookies to save us
You say that now, but I dont see sticking to it in March when we have nothing else to talk about. Plus Ill tagging you in posts

CCBoy

Reaction score
Zimmer was an excellent defensive coach. I respect him. I just think his best days are in the rear view mirror. But I will happily be wrong.
Put the thump back in with a top level secondary and strengthen Lawrence's and Parson's pressure. What is not to like with a real run defense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm shocked... wait we all saw this coming. What a limpd*ck move
Save yourself a lot of misery...just give up while the rest of us get to watch some improvements coming to the complete defense.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
I mean if I can try to find some sort of silver lining here, he seems to like having good LBs and DTs.

Other than that, I got nothing.

PS - I am with the others that said Zimmer was their guy all along. Jerry likes comfortable and Zimmer is comfortable for him. The rest of this was a dog and pony show from Jerry thinking we'd all buy his extensive process. Jerry thinks we are dumb.
Will never know the answer to that question but you certainly have your right to your opinion.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Can he at least bring back the days when they used to stop the run? That would be nice. The turnovers don't mean anything without that.
He never did that with the Cowboys, and was why he was fired the first time. And it's why he will be fired again in 3 years or less.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
YA know ...... your right, he is a good coach. But he was the safest, easiest, most predictable choice Jerry could have made after saying the Cowboys are going all in.
After being a cowboys fan for the last 35 years I've stopped caring or paying attention to anything Jerry Jones says a long time ago and I would suggest everyone else do the same. Anything Jerry Jones says is for media consumption just take it for what it is.