The Cowboys are expected to hire Mike Zimmer as their defensive coordinator

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get ready for our DL to just "stay in their lane, don't rush the QB you might give up a big play" whenever we play the Eagles or any other running QB.

Be prepared for a crap load of 10 yard cornerback cushions on 3rd and 4 too. This guy talks tough but is really a weak coward.

Aven8

Reaction score
Get ready for our DL to just "stay in their lane, don't rush the QB you might give up a big play" whenever we play the Eagles or any other running QB.

Be prepared for a crap load of 10 yard cornerback cushions on 3rd and 4 too. This guy talks tough but is really a weak coward.
DQ did the same thing as far as playing off. Not sure he trusted Bland

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
In fairness to JJ, we don’t know if they wanted to hire someone with more upside but because of Big Mac’s lame duck status couldn’t attract someone like that. I doubt it. But we don’t know for sure.
You’re totally correct. The thing is a competent GM foresees that issue and makes sure that doesn’t happen. Honestly a competent GM doesn’t have a lame duck head coach going into an offseason where the franchise is supposedly going all in. Only in Dallas. What a cluster$&!#% of a front office.

Carson

Reaction score

So same crap since the Seattle game lol

Aven8

Reaction score
Jerry is still just doing what is comfortable.
Are you surprised? The dude is cray cray. He doesn’t even know what it’s like to win anymore it happened so early for him. And he and his idiot son are fans of Arkansas. Talking about failure…..

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hear a lot of whining and know it all negativity about Zimmer, but I don’t see many geniuses naming other young hot shot DCs we should have hired. We are not in rebuild mode, so we were never going to hire a position coach who has never been a coordinator before. Zimmer had good defenses in Dallas and in Minnesota. He had Barr as a rookie LB and used him rushing the QB from all directions. Maybe he went into the interview with a complete and balanced defense and a comprehensive plan for utilizing our personnel, especially Parsons. Maybe McCarthy liked what he heard and is all in.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just in...MIke Zimmer new DC. Love it!!!!! Bet it won't be no I'm tired going on now!!!!!!
The GROZ people are meeting in an Allen hotel and organizing things. They would not allow me access to their meeting.
I am being followed ... will report later

mardwin

Reaction score
His defense was pretty good with the Bengals. When you play in the AFC North you have to be physical.