The Cowboys are going to punish the Cardinals

CCBoy

Reaction score
Definition: Wimps and Girly Men.
  1. Those afraid to declare the Boys will stomp the Cardinals
  2. Those who say, "Any Given Sunday" in reference to the upcoming game on Sunday against the Cardinals.
  3. Fans who are still hung up on "27 years."
  4. Those afraid of the word "punish."
A boxing ring full of 30 contestants all blind folded, one hand taped behind the back, and a single hand with a boxing glove.

When the bell rings, last man standing wins...

JBS

Reaction score
This is the NFL anything can happen. It’s a week to week league. We’ve already seen some unexpected things happen around the league after two weeks. Joshua Dobbs actually looked pretty good against the Cowboys last season with Tennessee. The Cards had the Giants down by 21 until the wheels came off. You can’t take anyone for granted in the NFL, especially the Cowboys who are known to lay some eggs against bad teams. They have a recent history of playing down to their opponents. I’m not saying they will tomorrow, but I don’t trust them.
All of this is true. But nobody as 2 touchdown underdogs has won a game. So nothing of this magnitude has happened this year. And it won’t happen tomorrow

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All of this is true. But nobody as 2 touchdown underdogs has won a game. So nothing of this magnitude has happened this year. And it won’t happen tomorrow
This is a young season, we’ve only played two games. It’s too early in the season for anyone to have established what they really are yet. The NFL has always been unpredictable. I doubt many thought Detroit would go to KC and beat the Chiefs on opening night. Despite the big upset, Detroit ended up losing the following week at home to Seattle. I’m certainly not saying the Cowboys are going to lose tomorrow, but they better take the Cardinals seriously. The Cowboys have yet to prove they can overcome a deficit with this dink and dunk offense that has struggled in the redzone and hasn’t shown the ability to strike quickly. Everything has gone the Cowboys way this season, but they’re going to be in some tough games, hopefully it’s not tomorrow.

JBS

Reaction score
This is a young season, we’ve only played two games. It’s too early in the season for anyone to have established what they really are yet. The NFL has always been unpredictable. I doubt many thought Detroit would go to KC and beat the Chiefs on opening night. Despite the big upset, Detroit ended up losing the following week at home to Seattle. I’m certainly not saying the Cowboys are going to lose tomorrow, but they better take the Cardinals seriously. The Cowboys have yet to prove they can overcome a deficit with this dink and dunk offense that has struggled in the redzone and hasn’t shown the ability to strike quickly. Everything has gone the Cowboys way this season, but they’re going to be in some tough games, hopefully it’s not tomorrow.
Dink and dunk offense w no quick strike ability. Lolol. Get a grip. My god

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lets do this I'm gonna give you a diferent term for the offense..instead of "Dink and Dunk" what if we called it a "Chain moving" offense..again its not like they throw 3 short passes and punt..right? They move the chains and score and with a smothering defense how is that a bad thing? For sure there will be games they need to open it up but why in the world would they have done that in the last 2 to give the other team ANY chance of gettign back in the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can we not do this I mean your expectations now we should blow them out and if we have a game like we did with Houston and win can we not just be OK with winning even if it's a close game given all the issues we're having along the offensive line/Diggs out we're on the road et cetera et cetera I mean this is the problem with fans especially around here you guys are expecting a blowout when it doesn't happen you're gonna start complaining all game snap to snap why are we struggling against a bad team and then it's gonna annoy the rest of us who are just wanting to come out of this with a win and no more major injuries...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lets do this I'm gonna give you a diferent term for the offense..instead of "Dink and Dunk" what if we called it a "Chain moving" offense..again its not like they throw 3 short passes and punt..right? They move the chains and score and with a smothering defense how is that a bad thing? For sure there will be games they need to open it up but why in the world would they have done that in the last 2 to give the other team ANY chance of gettign back in the game.
It’s moving the chains, but we’re stalling too much in the redzone. If we start running into penalty issues, it could be three short passes and punt. They’ll definitely be some games where we’ll have to open it up and we’ll need a few big plays down the field. We’ve been building some big leads, so we haven’t had to take many shots down the field and been able to settle for FG’s. That won’t be the case all season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It’s moving the chains, but we’re stalling too much in the redzone. If we start running into penalty issues, it could be three short passes and punt. They’ll definitely be some games where we’ll have to open it up and we’ll need a few big plays down the field. We’ve been building some big leads, so we haven’t had to take many shots down the field and been able to settle for FG’s. That won’t be the case all season.
True but what they have done in games so far is the right thing to do.. do not waste possessions with pressed turnovers in the red zone..score the points and bury the opposing offense.. because they have not had to do it doesnt mean they can't.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The Cowboys, especially Micah Parsons, are angry about the Trevon Diggs injury. I pity the Cardinals this week. Parsons is going to take his anger out on the Cardinals.

Reminds me of this Larry Bird story

Punishment is coming today for the Cards, others know their time is approaching quickly.
Love when teams start signing our guys for intel.
Nervous little nellies they are.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dink and dunk offense w no quick strike ability. Lolol. Get a grip. My god
We haven’t shown much big playability so far in the passing game, but we do have big playability. We’re playing it cautious right now because we can due to our defense and the big leads we’ve built. We’re trying to limit the INT‘s, and we’ve accomplished that so far. We don’t want to turn the ball over, but at some point against better teams we’re going to have to take more chances down the field, especially when we get down by a couple scores, which will happen eventually.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True but what they have done in games so far is the right thing to do.. do not waste possessions with pressed turnovers in the red zone..score the points and bury the opposing offense.. because they have not had to do it doesnt mean they can't.
Under the circumstances, it has been the right thing to do because we’ve had control in all our games. We have yet to play from behind. I just don’t want to be counting on our kicker all season. He’s been good so far but eventually he could go into a funk. At some point we’re going to need TDs and not FG’s.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all I don't think it is a dinking dunk offense that's just the way the West Coast offense looks I can say that about the 49ers offense all the time and that's why Brock Purdy is being talked about as it sees Joe Montana it's because of the way they're running the offense we have the same types of skill players and a quarterback as good and when it's time they'll make throws down field... We had to take what the defense was given and the fact that we were being conservative because we were up in big leads.. Yes we need to work on the red zone stuff but there were issues with the weather the first two games or drop passes or a penalty that really took it back but they can throw the football down the field they don't need to prove it they got dudes all over this team if they wanted to go back and dig out Kellen Moores place they can do that easily you think those dudes forgot all those routes and had to catch the football like Brandin cooks CD lamb and Michael Gallup you think that Prescott forgot how to throw the ball I mean dude they've been doing this because that's all they needed to be done you don't have to prove it though whenever it's needed they'll do it...

But why not now I'd rather be tested on the road against Arizona and get all that out of the way right now like Houston last year give us that challenge we need you know a wake up call win the game win it ugly and now you have something in for the team to learn from...

blueblood70

Reaction score
:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Under the circumstances, it has been the right thing to do because we’ve had control in all our games. We have yet to play from behind. I just don’t want to be counting on our kicker all season. He’s been good so far but eventually he could go into a funk. At some point we’re going to need TDs and not FG’s.

OK captain lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/3JZe8lp4oJF5423CJU/giphy-downsized-large.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3JZe8lp4oJF5423CJU/giphy-downsized-large.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys, especially Micah Parsons, are angry about the Trevon Diggs injury. I pity the Cardinals this week. Parsons is going to take his anger out on the Cardinals.

The buzzards are circling, you better hope we at least find a way to come back and win this game.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Definition: Wimps and Girly Men.
  1. Those afraid to declare the Boys will stomp the Cardinals
  2. Those who say, "Any Given Sunday" in reference to the upcoming game on Sunday against the Cardinals.
  3. Fans who are still hung up on "27 years."
  4. Those afraid of the word "punish."
its halftime, how are you?

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score

Micah hasn't done squat...

meddleroidz

Reaction score
wow cowboys were overrated again what a surprise, eagles are gonna wreck them bad. barely competing with the powerful cards.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You better hope we find a way to come back in the second half or we’ll be revisiting this topic, unless they lock this thread. Lol I warned everyone this would be a tougher game than everyone was predicting. :thumbup:

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Giants & Jets seemed to abandon the run early against this D. Clearly that’s a mistake. Even if you fall behind the Cowboys you are better off running it until they prove they can stop you.