*** The Dak Prescott Thread **merged**

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Agree with you but Romo was rare.

Not a lot of nfl QBs can do that.

Dak is going to have to have a defense .

the defense bailed him out repeatedly in the first half. they are not that good and they did finally break.

Dak throwing that third down over beasley's head and into the sideline was just like the rams game. Critical moment and could not give them the ball back, they pressured him and he just throws balls away. Its like he lacks awareness of the game he is playing in.

Zman5

Reaction score
Who knows how good Dak really is but how can you honestly evaluate any QB with this coaching staff? JG couldn't win without Romo until Dak came along. Was it all Zeke? Maybe.

But even great as Romo was, he couldn't over come JG and his crappy scheme. Throwing INTs at a wrong opportune time because he had to try to make a play. It's no coincidence Romo had his best year (TD/INT ratio statwise) when Murray ran for 1800 plus yards.

This scheme isn't very qb friendly. It only works well when the run game is working.
This scheme is base on our 90's offense. Aikman had issues winning without Emmitt also.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who knows how good Dak really is but how can you honestly evaluate any QB with this coaching staff? JG couldn't win without Romo until Dak came along. Was it all Zeke? Maybe.

But even great as Romo was, he couldn't over come JG and his crappy scheme. Throwing INTs at a wrong opportune time because he had to try to make a play. It's no coincidence Romo had his best year (TD/INT ratio statwise) when Murray ran for 1800 plus yards.

This scheme isn't very qb friendly. It only works well when the run game is working.
This scheme is base on our 90's offense. Aikman had issues winning without Emmitt also.

Excellent post.

I remember a championship team led by Aikman going 0-2 without Emmitt.

The truth is, this scheme sucks without a dominant running game.

This scheme does nothing to help the receivers get seperation. There is no creativity and the defenders know the routes.

wssaustin

Reaction score
In the first half they used all the trick plays, option read, QB out of pocket, boot leg etc. then 2nd half they dont have any.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
I like Dak a lot but I'm glad his limitations are being exposed so we can judge what kind of QB we actually have. Him going on some fantastical run of unsustainable production would do us no favours in the long run.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Wentz IS more talented than Dak. Sunday showed us that Wentz has better tactical awareness in the field, a far better arm and accuracy, better escapability, leadership, and can find the open receiver. Dak is not Wentz but has very good ability with a good cast of players around him and good schemes to play in. He just can not carry a team on his shoulders when the team becomes average or just below average.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Wentz IS more talented than Dak. Sunday showed us that Wentz has better tactical awareness in the field, a far better arm and accuracy, better escapability, leadership, and can find the open receiver. Dak is not Wentz but has very good ability with a good cast of players around him and good schemes to play in. He just can not carry a team on his shoulders when the team becomes average or just below average.

Ehh. I do think Wentz is better, but Wentz has a great team around him. Dak does not.

He has a great tightend, a top 3 running game, receivers who are able to get open.

He has a coaching staff that knows what they are doing. He has a very good defense that continually makes plays and put them in short fields.

Dak doesn’t have any of that at moment.

I’m not sure Wentz can actually carry a team.

Honestly don’t think many qbs are able to do this. Wentz certainly didn’t carry them last night.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Ehh. I do think Wentz is better, but Wentz has a great team around him. Dak does not.

He has a great tightend, a top 3 running game, receivers who are able to get open.

He has a coaching staff that knows what they are doing. He has a very good defense that continually makes plays and put them in short fields.

Dak doesn’t have any of that at moment.

I’m not sure Wentz can actually carry a team.

Honestly don’t think many qbs are able to do this. Wentz certainly didn’t carry them last night.

That’s a lot of special pleading.

Ironically, it means Dak can’t carry the team when the chips are down.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
That’s a lot of special pleading.

Ironically, it means Dak can’t carry the team when the chips are down.

It’s neither Wentz nor Dak, it’s the whole team and right now we are a very dysfunctional group with no ability to sustain either side of the ball.

Also our passing game is too slow. The eagles like the giants get the ball out very quickly we take too long and our routes have to be very predictable as we seldom see someone as open as the opposition s receivers are.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I no longer take him seriously.

Yes Wentz struggled in the first half. But he threw some great passes tonight in the face of pressure in the 2nd half.

Irvin is just a total blind Cowboys homer.
Excellent post.

I remember a championship team led by Aikman going 0-2 without Emmitt.

The truth is, this scheme sucks without a dominant running game.

This scheme does nothing to help the receivers get seperation. There is no creativity and the defenders know the routes.

We ran the ball fine last night (Morris 17 carries, 91 yards), the problem is when you don’t have an efficient passing game to keep teams honest (see last year), then you fail to sustain drives consistently.

Dak was simply awful last night; he struggled throwing a quick screen (nearly threw two balls in the dirt); underthrew that deep ball to Dez that was intercepted; missed (overthrew) Beasley on that 3rd down...

Listen, I CANT STAND Garrett and want to rid ourselves of him, but ultimately, your players have to execute and Dak simply did not show up.

Last edited:

vaturkey

Reaction score
Number 2 pick in the draft as compared to a 4th round pick. Certainly physical skills were higher with Wentz as compared to Dak. Arm strength, size goes in Wetz's favor for sure. I think they are both warriors and both are solid picks. I think Wentz has some Roger's qualities to his game and makes those around him better. He is close to being an elite QB in his 2nd year. Yes, he was trash for the first half yesterday, but once they got the running game going and he was able to go play action, he ate our lunch.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s neither Wentz nor Dak, it’s the whole team and right now we are a very dysfunctional group with no ability to sustain either side of the ball.

Also our passing game is too slow. The eagles like the giants get the ball out very quickly we take too long and our routes have to be very predictable as we seldom see someone as open as the opposition s receivers are.

We tried to protect Dak yesterday by making quick one read throws and it was a crapfest. The team is in a bad place scheme and overall talent.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

We don’t have the personnel.

We have absolutely zero team speed.

Dez is slow. T- Will is average. Witten is beyond slow. Beasley is quick but apparently doesn’t go across the middle anymore.

Morris is slow. Rod Smith is slow.

We must have the slowest peronnnel in the league in offense.