*** The Dak Prescott Thread **merged**

Sepia

Reaction score
I think the best part of the game was the sideline reporter telling us after the start of the 2nd half that Garrett's came plan was to run the ball and dink and dunk and essentially "hope" that a WR broke a big play.

LOL. You can't make that $#%@ up.

I knew we were doomed then.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not trying to pick a fight or whatever but he he was awful. Weeden level bad.

1 touchdown in two games.

Since parcells showed up in 03, even in the vinny year of 04 I never thought games were over and especially since romo took over. We could be down 17 in the 4th with Romo and I would still feel like just get him the ball. With Dak I have the opposite feeling. I just dont see a good passer. he seems to stare at targets and hold the ball too long. Then he is inaccurate more and more.

I have mentally adjusted my expectations of this organization. I really don't expect anything going forward. The passing game is awful.

canters

Reaction score
Common man, we rushed for 112 yardes in the game and most of those yards were in the first 3 quarters.
Our Oline played well, sometimes you just got to tell it like it is, Dak sucked big time tonight, can't fault the oline for this one.

He was sacked 4 times and under pressure other times. Yes, the OL at times can run block. But they were never a dominant groups in pass protection even when healthy.

Coy

Reaction score
There were plenty of games where even an offense led by a prime Romo looked like crap. The problem is Garrett

I agree that the problem is Garrett, I don't agree that you'll find plenty of games under Romo that the offense looked like crap, he played for 10 years so you will find some but for the most part our offense was never the problem under Romo.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We have no foot speed among the receivers, guys who scare the other team. They are all possession receivers. We concede 1/3 of the field to the other team because of this. Could this be a reason we never see Dak trying or making throws over 20 yards?

Dez has never been a blazer but if the ball is placed correctly he can still go up and get it. Dak just doesn’t have the accuracy to place it where he wants it like Tony said on the broadcast two weeks ago

Coy

Reaction score
He was sacked 4 times and under pressure other times. Yes, the OL at times can run block. But they were never a dominant groups in pass protection even when healthy.

Excuses, Dak played like crap tonight, I bet he would say it himself.

canters

Reaction score
Dez has never been a blazer but if the ball is placed correctly he can still go up and get it. Dak just doesn’t have the accuracy to place it where he wants it like Tony said on the broadcast two weeks ago
Maybe we need a blazer, a guy who will stretch the field, like Jimmy Johnson said?

canters

Reaction score
Excuses, Dak played like crap tonight, I bet he would say it himself.
Yes he was bad. But things happen in context and are nuanced as well. He can’t block or run routes or play. D.

Coy

Reaction score
Yes he was bad. But things happen in context and are nuanced as well. He can’t block or run routes or play. D.

But he can avoid throwing 3 picks and having a fumble returned for a TD, all while scoring no TD's as an offense.
Look, I like Dak, I think he is a good QB, he just played awful tonight.

canters

Reaction score
But he can avoid throwing 3 picks and having a fumble returned for a TD, all while scoring no TD's as an offense.
Look, I like Dak, I think he is a good QB, he just played awful tonight.
Hard to play well when getting your butt kicked and fearing for your life.

canters

Reaction score
Sounds kind of like Romo's career, I think he did all right.
His body might disagree. And he had his share of stinker games. And we saw the usual threads here about how Romo must go, he is a bum, just trade him for a used condom and we will be better, etc.

Coy

Reaction score
His body might disagree.

Exactly my point, look at how he ended up because of poor OL play most of his carrer and he still put out decent numbers don't you think? I'd say being the 4th best rated QB ever is kind of nice.

Anyway, Garrett Sucks, we can agree to that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not trying to pick a fight or whatever but he he was awful. Weeden level bad.

1 touchdown in two games.

Since parcells showed up in 03, even in the vinny year of 04 I never thought games were over and especially since romo took over. We could be down 17 in the 4th with Romo and I would still feel like just get him the ball. With Dak I have the opposite feeling. I just dont see a good passer. he seems to stare at targets and hold the ball too long. Then he is inaccurate more and more.

I have mentally adjusted my expectations of this organization. I really don't expect anything going forward. The passing game is awful.

Agree with you but Romo was rare.

Not a lot of nfl QBs can do that.

Dak is going to have to have a defense .

iamliko22

Reaction score
First time I ever seen dak as frustrated giving a post game interview as tonight. The pressure is building