News: The Dallas Cowboys are in love with Kyle Pitts and have spoken to him already

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Everyone should be in love with Pitts. We’re talking about a Calvin Johnson-like talent here.

It’d be crazy to pass him up at 10.

Steele is our RT if Collins can’t play.

unless Pitts wants to play RT, we don’t need him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Only in Dallas can you have a historically bad defense the year before with needs at CB, DT, S and LB and use a top 10 pick on a TE.

need OL help.

Knight and Steele can’t play at an elite level.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I absolutely disagree. If he falls to us, then he's probably going to easily be the best available player and I can't blame the team for not passing on him. Otherwise, we need defense, defense, defense. And giving up extra picks to get Pitts is not going to get that for us.

Sure, he may be a generational talent, but we had a Hall of Famer roaming the field at that position for years and that still didn't get us to the Super Bowl because our defense was subpar.

need help at RT.

our defense is going to be average at best.

but that’s ok. I will take average.

Gaede

Reaction score
Steele is our RT if Collins can’t play.

unless Pitts wants to play RT, we don’t need him.

We could play this game with any position.

If Dak can't go, Gilbert is our starter. If Lawrence can't go, Armstrong is a starter. And so on.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We could play this game with any position.

If Dak can't go, Gilbert is our starter. If Lawrence can't go, Armstrong is a starter. And so on.

Collins couldn’t play last season.

Steele did.

not good.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Pitts is a once in a generation talent, then why would Cincinnati, or anyone else trade away their pick instead of drafting him? The only reason is that Dallas is offering them a Herschel Walker-like bounty. If Pitts falls to 9 and Denver is willing to take a 3rd round pick and #10 to switch spots with Dallas, then I would not have a problem. But talk of giving up 2 first round picks and a 3rd is getting crazy. The 5th pick is worth 1700 pts. The 10th is worth 1300. Next year's 1st is worth at least 590 points if Dallas wins the Super Bowl. It should not take more than the Cowboys 1st and 2nd to move up. Pitts could be a star, a once in a generation talent. But I heard the same things about Morris Claiborne. I remember people saying he was the best CB prospect to come out of college since Deion Sanders. We traded up to get him and he was a big disappointment in the NFL. I love Pitts and I THINK he will be a great NFL player, but it would be silly to give away the farm for him.

I get the point that their aren't any defensive players who will make an impact in 2021. I agree with that. But draft picks are more valuable to the Dallas Cowboys because they are a team that refuses to use free agency to build their roster. The defense is never going to get better if they do not use their opportunities to get the best defensive players available. We put off drafting a defensive player last year because Lamb fell to us. Now we are talking about giving up draft picks to move up to take another receiver. It's very Jerry-like. I can already see the press conference where Pitts gets Witten's number. Stick to the points card. If the teams in front of Dallas want to fleece Jerry for swap picks then Jerry should say no.

LittleD

Reaction score
It boggles the mind. Sure Pitts is good but you already have the highest paid RB, one of the highest paid WRs and CeeDee. Enough. Fix the damn defense. Jerry is an idiot though. He will grab Pitts.

Offense and offense stars get on tv and sell seats plus jerseys. This is all about making lots of money. Defense may win championships but, doesn't bring the hype and new customers.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
All respect my friend, so don’t take my following debate as anything else other than ‘devils advocate’

1) Please don’t misconstrue..No doubt Pitts is a great talent and he’ll show why.. I just don’t think Dallas’s Offense scheme will exploit his talents the way some imagine, exp with the talent already present on offense. That said, as much as I like Surtain.. he might be the best of the CB group, yet still isn’t a generational talent. So I can see your debate for Pitts, but his college competition doesn't exactly strike fear in opponents. Although, Pitts is quoted as saying he hated playing against Jaycee Horn.. if that does something for ya.

2) Almost every draft profile I’ve read says Pitts blocking ability is subpar.. which isn’t surprising for an oversized wide receiver.

3) Bottomline, IMO..the Dallas Cowboys have enough receiving threats on the team. Pitts final stats will only disappoint the masses that envision Kelce-like production.

This team has ignored the Defense entirely to long. After last years worst defense performance.. its past due for Dallas to start investing in the defense. The Offense has plenty of fire power.. it’s time for the defense to atleast be mediocre

Although I don't agree with you buddy, you do make some very valid points.

I'm not for giving up too much to go up to get him, but I do think he's special. I do agree that I'm not sure how well he will do in our offense. But from what I've read and watched, the kid is generational imho. I also thought I read that he is a good blocker, but I may be wrong about that.

Well written post. It's nice to have different opinions on here without all the vitriol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry not drafting Randy Moss completely changed his mentality towards players.

He has forever wanted the flashy player over the team needs after missing out on Moss. I will not be surprised one bit if we trade up for Pitts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Moving up in the company, eh?

Yeah... I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday.
Bill Lumbergh: Hello Peter what's happening. I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here at around....9 that'd be great.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
like a few other loser teams recently, Jerry may trade his entire draft class and possibly some next year to get Pitts this year. What Jerry wants, he gets.
Guys, this is not about making it to SBs, it's about putting thousands of butts in his expensive boxes and seats. Jerry loves the Cowboys but he worships at the alter of big MO.
Man has mass resources and feels the reaper gaining ground, why should he care about sound investments when the term isnt a concern.
You have to ask yourself if you would.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've been on the Pitts train at 10 since February... However no way do I trade up.

If it’s as cheap as a 1,3,&4 you don’t do that?

The NFL is about impact players and we’d be lucky to find an impact player later on in the draft.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
At this point here is what I see cooking in Jerry’s head

“We changed coaches on D, that’s enough right? Let’s have the best set of WRs/TEs ever!” (Claps hands together like hot diggity and sips some JW Blue staring off into space)

And honestly this might be close

Hahahaha:lmao:
* At this point ( rumbling groans of pre- ignition detonation) my head is about to fire off all it's guns at once and EXPLODE INTO SPACE*:eek:o_O:eek: