The Elite QB Farce

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why I’d Tag Dak. Let’s see if it’s the same with Mike. If it is time to move on. Draft someone Mike can develop.

Or are we already All In on Dak and that’s why Mike was hired. To make the most of Dak for better or worse?
Can't say but the Joneses talk "all in" on Prescott every time they talk about him and have already tried to extend him and shelved it.

The problem with an optimist in charge is that the think they "get lucky" too much. Got this UDFA QB and looky here, now we got a 4th rounder that just fell into our lap. And I do not underestimate the effect of Booger realizing he could have traded up for Lynch or picked Cook.

The one thing posters here to conveniently look past with this brain trust, they do not have great history with drafting QB's unless it's a no brainer like Aikman. How in the hell would they recognize an elite QB? Y'all might be a little better off considering just who we're talking about here doing the picking. You do that and Prescott starts looking real good.

And while I was in favor of Big Mike, I do not underestimate any candidate telling Booger what he wants to hear because everyone in the free world knows what he wants to hear. "Booger, you so smart". I am pretty sure every candidate told him this was a very talented group and underachieving. Just like we've been telling ourselves.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're fooling yourself if you think Mahomes doesn't have surrounding help. The kid is on another level, but he's got some very great weapons, a solid defense and a solid staff.
The cool thing is we get to see perhaps the best offense vs the best defense in the SB.
Yep, that's what I'm digging, the irresistible force meeting the immovable object, you know what they call that? Football! The last thing I wanted was some QB showdown between Mahomes and Rodgers, got that in the CFP champs game. I had already decided if GB was in it, I was out. Tired of looking at closeups up that smug sob, Arrogant Rodgers.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I'm digging, the irresistible force meeting the immovable object, you know what they call that? Football! The last thing I wanted was some QB showdown between Mahomes and Rodgers, got that in the CFP champs game. I had already decided if GB was in it, I was out. Tired of looking at closeups up that smug sob, Arrogant Rodgers.
And as much as some fans covet him, he certainly didn't play like he was carrying anything. And he had both legs this time. They had a couple drives in the 4th when the game was over, but played awful.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And as much as some fans covet him, he certainly didn't play like he was carrying anything. And he had both legs this time. They had a couple drives in the 4th when the game was over, but played awful.
While I don't like him, he did call it this year, he said they were not in sync.

If I didn't know they were a 14 win team, I would not have guessed it. They were very streaky throughout the season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can't say but the Joneses talk "all in" on Prescott every time they talk about him and have already tried to extend him and shelved it.

The problem with an optimist in charge is that the think they "get lucky" too much. Got this UDFA QB and looky here, now we got a 4th rounder that just fell into our lap. And I do not underestimate the effect of Booger realizing he could have traded up for Lynch or picked Cook.

The one thing posters here to conveniently look past with this brain trust, they do not have great history with drafting QB's unless it's a no brainer like Aikman. How in the hell would they recognize an elite QB? Y'all might be a little better off considering just who we're talking about here doing the picking. You do that and Prescott starts looking real good.

And while I was in favor of Big Mike, I do not underestimate any candidate telling Booger what he wants to hear because everyone in the free world knows what he wants to hear. "Booger, you so smart". I am pretty sure every candidate told him this was a very talented group and underachieving. Just like we've been telling ourselves.
I’m not sure we need to have a home run Elite QB. Just a more prolific passer. Which 1st round would be a good place to look. We don’t have any history of drafting QB this era. We haven’t tried since Quincy.

Im not sure why it’s such a high risk? It’s not like he’s going to Miami or Cinn. He’s going into one of the top offenses. I think it definitely elevates the possibility for instant success.

How would Dak do in Cinn or Miami for example? Just saying..

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rodgers carries them to 14-4 and another championship appearance. Amazing how fans will downplay that.

Without Rodgers what are they?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're fooling yourself if you think Mahomes doesn't have surrounding help. The kid is on another level, but he's got some very great weapons, a solid defense and a solid staff.
The cool thing is we get to see perhaps the best offense vs the best defense in the SB.

:hammer::hammer:and please don't forget he's playing for Reid, the most QB friendly HC since Denny Green. I said in another thread, I'm not sure Mahomes is playing in Miami if he was QB for Giants or Commanders. Sure he may still have the stats but no QB can carry a team to Super Bowl w/o some elite coaching and/or talent.

Reactions: G2

Rayman70

Reaction score
SAN FRAN IS THE TOTAL PACKAGE AND COMPLETE TEAM. ZERO WEAKNESSES. Their defense and the high energy/swag they bring will be the difference in the SB. KC just cannot cope with that. LOVE MAHOMES but my guess is he wont see the ball enough to win. San Fran will pound the rock and beat them down and win by at least 2 td's. This team reminds me of our 92-93SB team. We were ruthless and had no flaws. Kudos to San Fran and john Lynch. He gets it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
^^^this^^^
I haven’t looked it up in awhile but I believe it’s an overwhelming percentage where #1 defenses win.

Interestingly the Chiefs opened up at -1 1/2 point favorite and lined moved to -1 quickly. Meaning early money went on Whiners.

Tightest spread I can recall in years for a SB.

Kwyn

Reaction score
And why I’d Tag Dak. Let’s see if it’s the same with Mike. If it is time to move on. Draft someone Mike can develop.

Or are we already All In on Dak and that’s why Mike was hired. To make the most of Dak for better or worse?

It’s obvious that we are not all in on Dak, but I think Jerry, Stephen, Will, and most importantly, Mike, are all in on Dak.

Jerry and Stephen have said on numerous occasions for a couple of years now that Dak will sign a long term contract and every report out there says that they’ve been trying their damndest to get that done.

In three past three weeks, McCarthy has publicly stated twice that the opportunity to coach Dak was the differentiator in his decision to come to the Cowboys and he also said he’s keeping the offensive language the same. You don’t do that unless you are committed to the current QB.

So, the answer is obvious and has been in front of us all along. It’s just more interesting and fun to pretend that our posts and opinions on this forum are grounded in reality and have the potential to pan out, but honestly we might as well be buying quick picks and expecting to win the lottery.

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak greatly improved from year 3 to year 4. What makes you a hater is the fact you can't admit it. Even some of his biggest critics stated his mechanics got better, his accuracy was improved including the deep ball where he lead the league in over 20 plus yard TDs, footwork...... the list goes on and on and on. You're blind and have an agenda if you can't see it
What makes me a hater is that I don't agree with you. I get it people get all emo about their pov but I feel how I feel same as you. If me thinking your mans is average because he's a stat padder at least this year means I'm a hater in your eyes ok. I've thought he's been average since his second year but I gave that a pass because of his rookie year but these last two years his grace period was over and I think he's eh. You think he's some next coming cool.

If his mechanics were soooo improved why do they seemingly revert back when playing better comp? That seems like someone who does good studying for the test but when its time to actually take it freaks out. Dak isn't good enough for me to have an agenda regarding him. I know people love to be lazy but you have to be some type of good for that to hold true. If I said Mahomes was average I could see people saying I have an agenda or something because he's thought of by the vast majority as someone who's really talented. Your man Dak on the other hand is closer to. 50/50 on people who thinks he's good/bad(average for me). Not the signs of agenda for Alex Smith jr outside of lazy people that want to make everything some type of us vs them junk. Just don't agree with you on Dak no more no less.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It’s obvious that we are not all in on Dak, but I think Jerry, Stephen, Will, and most importantly, Mike, are all in on Dak.

Jerry and Stephen have said on numerous occasions for a couple of years now that Dak will sign a long term contract and every report out there says that they’ve been trying their damndest to get that done.

In three past three weeks, McCarthy has publicly stated twice that the opportunity to coach Dak was the differentiator in his decision to come to the Cowboys and he also said he’s keeping the offensive language the same. You don’t do that unless you are committed to the current QB.

So, the answer is obvious and has been in front of us all along. It’s just more interesting and fun to pretend that our posts and opinions on this forum are grounded in reality and have the potential to pan out, but honestly we might as well be buying quick picks and expecting to win the lottery.
Until there is a breaking news nobody can say anything one way or another. Just becasue Jerry says something unless you believe every word that comes out his mouth it means nothing. Again until there is breaking news we don't know whats happening. I know y'all think Dak is the answer but why don't you look what the. Commanders were saying about Cousins before he ended up signing his FT and then leaving in FA.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What makes me a hater is that I don't agree with you. I get it people get all emo about their pov but I feel how I feel same as you. If me thinking your mans is average because he's a stat padder at least this year means I'm a hater in your eyes ok. I've thought he's been average since his second year but I gave that a pass because of his rookie year but these last two years his grace period was over and I think he's eh. You think he's some next coming cool.

If his mechanics were soooo improved why do they seemingly revert back when playing better comp? That seems like someone who does good studying for the test but when its time to actually take it freaks out. Dak isn't good enough for me to have an agenda regarding him. I know people love to be lazy but you have to be some type of good for that to hold true. If I said Mahomes was average I could see people saying I have an agenda or something because he's thought of by the vast majority as someone who's really talented. Your man Dak on the other hand is closer to. 50/50 on people who thinks he's good/bad(average for me). Not the signs of agenda for Alex Smith jr outside of lazy people that want to make everything some type of us vs them junk. Just don't agree with you on Dak no more no less.
No you're a hater because of the flip flopping, you and the Dak haters club is always changing what you say about Dak. It started off that he couldn't throw or make every throw, once he proved you wrong y'all switched to he can't throw 200 yards, than 250, than 300. It's always changing with you guys and that's why you are a hater and not because we disagree.

As far as other Cowboy QBs, Romo got the same treatment. It was maybe 50/50 on people that liked or disliked him. It's the Dallas Cowboys and you will always have a split like that on how folks look at them.

If Mahomes was QB for Dallas I bet you anything the same thing would happen with him.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m not sure we need to have a home run Elite QB. Just a more prolific passer. Which 1st round would be a good place to look. We don’t have any history of drafting QB this era. We haven’t tried since Quincy.

Im not sure why it’s such a high risk? It’s not like he’s going to Miami or Cinn. He’s going into one of the top offenses. I think it definitely elevates the possibility for instant success.

How would Dak do in Cinn or Miami for example? Just saying..
It’s quite possible that we see an early run on QB’s so I’m not sure this year we would even have an opportunity to do anything. There are some really QB hungry teams with high draft picks

1. Bengals - Need: QB - Pick - Burrow
  2. Commanders - Need: OL - Pick: Daniels
  3. Lions - Need: CB - Pick: Okudah
  4. Giants - Need: CB, OL - Pick: Jeudy
  5. Dolphins - Need: QB - Pick: Tua
  6. Chargers - Need: QB - Pick: Hebert

So, if we want to get ahead of the Dolphins or the Chargers we would need to make a trade.

Commanders are going to get the best player in the draft and a guy who has a chance to be an elite edge. No way they move out of that spot becauae they may never get another chance to get a guy like Young. Taking Young would make the Commanders D- Line absolutely terrifying for the next half dozen years

Lions - They need a CB but they can feel very confident that Okudah will be available at 7 but I wouldn’t expect him to get past the Cardinals at 8. Still, for reasons mentioned in the next paragraph this is likely the only way the Cowboys could get Tua or Hebert

Giants - They don’t *need* an elite WR as much as they need to fill some other holes. For most teams who might dream of moving up ahead of Miami, this would be the place to go. Probably a non-starter for the Cowboys though. How often do teams trade a top 5 pick to a division rival? Most would rather eat glass

so, what would it take to get the #3 overall?

Jimmy J’s draft pick analyzer shows we would probably need to give up #17 this year and our #1 next year plus a 2nd rounder to move up to #3 overall and those would be friend prices. It would likely take more.

I don’t know if many of us, even the most rabid Dak deniers would be fired up to do that just for a chance at a big injury risk in Tua or a guy like Hebert

Now, there are more QBs out there, but it starts to drop off and only two are likely worthy of being a late 1st or early 2nd pick.

Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason will likely both be there at #17 but neither are going to be there at #51. The Colts will almost certainly take one of them at #34.

Does Fromm do anything for anyone? What about Eason? Would you use #17 for either?

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Until there is a breaking news nobody can say anything one way or another. Just becasue Jerry says something unless you believe every word that comes out his mouth it means nothing. Again until there is breaking news we don't know whats happening. I know y'all think Dak is the answer but why don't you look what the. Commanders were saying about Cousins before he ended up signing his FT and then leaving in FA.

I don’t necessarily think Dak is the answer. It’s just the most of the alternatives come with a cost I’m just not ready to contemplate quite yet. I’m much more comfortable with the suggestions of tagging him and kicking the can down the road another season.

Anyway, our situation reminds me of a couple of old classics.
  • “If you can’t be with the one you love honey, love the one you’re with”
  • “He may not be Mr. Right, but he’s Mr. Right Now”

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s quite possible that we see an early run on QB’s so I’m not sure this year we would even have an opportunity to do anything. There are some really QB hungry teams with high draft picks

1. Bengals - Need: QB - Pick - Burrow
  2. Commanders - Need: OL - Pick: Daniels
  3. Lions - Need: CB - Pick: Okudah
  4. Giants - Need: CB, OL - Pick: Jeudy
  5. Dolphins - Need: QB - Pick: Tua
  6. Chargers - Need: QB - Pick: Hebert

So, if we want to get ahead of the Dolphins or the Chargers we would need to make a trade.

Commanders are going to get the best player in the draft and a guy who has a chance to be an elite edge. No way they move out of that spot becauae they may never get another chance to get a guy like Young. Taking Young would make the Commanders D- Line absolutely terrifying for the next half dozen years

Lions - They need a CB but they can feel very confident that Okudah will be available at 7 but I wouldn’t expect him to get past the Cardinals at 8. Still, for reasons mentioned in the next paragraph this is likely the only way the Cowboys could get Tua or Hebert

Giants - They don’t *need* an elite WR as much as they need to fill some other holes. For most teams who might dream of moving up ahead of Miami, this would be the place to go. Probably a non-starter for the Cowboys though. How often do teams trade a top 5 pick to a division rival? Most would rather eat glass

so, what would it take to get the #3 overall?

Jimmy J’s draft pick analyzer shows we would probably need to give up #17 this year and our #1 next year plus a 2nd rounder to move up to #3 overall and those would be friend prices. It would likely take more.

I don’t know if many of us, even the most rabid Dak deniers would be fired up to do that just for a chance at a big injury risk in Tua or a guy like Hebert

Now, there are more QBs out there, but it starts to drop off and only two are likely worthy of being a late 1st or early 2nd pick.

Jake Fromm and Jacob Eason will likely both be there at #17 but neither are going to be there at #51. The Colts will almost certainly take one of them at #34.

Does Fromm do anything for anyone? What about Eason? Would you use #17 for either?
Maybe . I’m more familiar with Fromm.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Landry drafted Aikman.........

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No you're a hater because of the flip flopping, you and the Dak haters club is always changing what you say about Dak. It started off that he couldn't throw or make every throw, once he proved you wrong y'all switched to he can't throw 200 yards, than 250, than 300. It's always changing with you guys and that's why you are a hater and not because we disagree.

As far as other Cowboy QBs, Romo got the same treatment. It was maybe 50/50 on people that liked or disliked him. It's the Dallas Cowboys and you will always have a split like that on how folks look at them.

If Mahomes was QB for Dallas I bet you anything the same thing would happen with him.
The signs of the lazy emotional bs talker. I haven't changed anything I've said about Dak so go to these imaginary people that have and bother them with this bs. I've mentioned he should throw for more yards when every bum QB was doing it but I've never said that's why he's average at best. I'm tired of y'all acting like high school gossip hens just saying generic bs with no proof ever to back up your claims. Show the proof of me doing so not random fan. The reason for him being average at best haven't changed for me. He's too dang inaccurate and he needs to be carried instead of carrying others more often than the other way around.

Romo didn't get the same treatment or else some of the other posters who will remain nameless for now wouldn't always mention. Romo when bringing up Dak. Not going to lie your getting emotional and suing logic that reeks of grown man groupie status and that's so sad coming from a grown man. Why would I say that about Mhaomes how he's playing now? You truly have to make sense when posting.