The end of Dak is coming

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I defended Romo and did the same for Dak. So I’m sure I’ll have to defend Trey Lance as well…..typically how that goes. I will continue to have to defend guys due to Jerry’s incompetence that posters can’t seem to see.
The point I was making is exemplified by the bolded.

#nodifferentthanyourantagonists.
#differentsidesamecoin

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#differentsidesamecoin
I do not know why that is so hard to understand. The people they fight exist because...they fight them.

If you don't fight them they sink into obscurity...their worse nightmare. Maybe both parties crave the "relevance". Sure mucks things up!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

#differentsidesamecoin
You have no point. Your literal existence on this site is anti Dak. Your first point on post about a Dak fan will be your first.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What I'm saying is, there are teams that play last place pass defenses. If Dak only had an All Pro season because he benefited from playing against last place pass defenses.... why haven't there been other quarterbacks who've played these same defenses benefited their way to being All Pro?

Every year, there is a team who plays the weakest pass defensive schedule. So why aren't there more All Pro quarterbacks springing from those offenses facing these last place pass defenses?

Dak can't be the only one correct?
Because most every year there are QB's that manage to perform to ALL-PRO level despite having a more difficult schedule.

NotForLong

Reaction score
And what will his haters do when he goes? Become lovers? As miserable as they are? I doubt it lol.
Why would we love Dak when He is gone? We will become indifferent. What will happen is we will just be able to discuss Cowboy football without Accusations and strawman arguments that led to circular reasoning

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stop and think for a second what four more years of Dak Prescott is virtually guaranteed to do…..

Two, maybe three division titles, but even much more so…Cowboys fans talking about if his salary is why they still can’t sniff a Super Bowl.

Now tell me what you think Jerry is going to do here.

Jerry’s attitude: ‘if I can’t win, I’m sure as hell gonna make as much money as I can,’ as Stephen sits back and giggles while cash machines are ringing in his head.

Oh you wanted it to be about football…I’m sorry for that. Welcome here though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why would we love Dak when He is gone? We will become indifferent. What will happen is we will just be able to discuss Cowboy football without Accusations and strawman arguments that led to circular reasoning
No I’m not saying love Dak I’m saying what will they do? Or you do? If 90 percent of your posts are about Dak and what will you do once he leaves? Who’s the next guy to hate? I mean I know it’s Micah the question is rhetorical.

davidr295

Reaction score
No I’m not saying love Dak I’m saying what will they do? Or you do? If 90 percent of your posts are about Dak and what will you do once he leaves? Who’s the next guy to hate? I mean I know it’s Micah the question is rhetorical.
Go to any board and 90% of the posts are about their QB good or bad. Maybe we should all just not get so attached to certain players and just worry about what is the best course for the cowboys to win a super bowl. I am sure some of us think that would be with the current QB and some think it should be with a new QB, doesn't have to be a love vs hate argument.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go to any board and 90% of the posts are about their QB good or bad. Maybe we should all just not get so attached to certain players and just worry about what is the best course for the cowboys to win a super bowl. I am sure some of us think that would be with the current QB and some think it should be with a new QB, doesn't have to be a love vs hate argument.
It doesn’t. But that’s what it’s become.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I see it differently. I feel Dak would be insane NOT to ask for a trade. He’s going to play this season with a lesser running game, arguably lesser offensive line and less talent at WR. And we have a much tougher schedule. His numbers may drop and there’s always the chance of injury due to growing pains of the young offensive line.

Off the field this season Dak is slated to make 36 million. Not his cap hit, that’s different, but his salary is 36 million. If he were to be traded to Saints or Raiders he could redo his deal once he gets there. Let’s say he gets a contract better than Goff he could make 170-180 million in a signing bonus. So in 2024 he could up his money by 140 million.

If I was Dak and France I would ask for a trade and see if I can capitalize on his season last year with a new contract with another team since Dallas hasn’t committed to him. If I was Dak I would do everything I could to get traded and secure possibly 150 million more dollars in August as opposed to taking my chances with a team that hasn’t committed to me and has taken a serious step backwards talent wise. JMO
Dak is due $29 million from the Cowboys if he’s on the roster this season for all 17 games. Perhaps you’re aware of monies he earn from other endeavors. Prescott, France, and Jerry Jones are all aware of Dak’s contract. So are the other 31 NFL franchises. There may be a few teams interested in acquiring Dak, but there will be more teams interested after this season. And after this season he can be acquired without having to trade any player or draft capital to sign him. It pains many Cowboys fans that in addition to the team mismanaging a comparatively modest compensation contract with Dak, they’ve got themselves in a situation they cannot trade him for even a modest return. You’re not Dak. For all the angst over what Dak wins and does not win, he’s going to do all he can do be as valuable an asset as possible to sign his next deal. This is a situation he’s going to win. That starts with being a free agent. Time to move past getting anything more than a 3rd round comp pick when he moves on.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yep, I just wonder which team would trade this year....rather than get him for 'free' (of trade capital) in 2025. I suppose the three favorites for a trade would be: Bronco's, Raiders and Seahawks....but does Dak take them over the top (in 2024).
I'd bet all three would love him as an upgrade, but would baulk at the price Jerry would demand.
If I was Dak I'd wait a year and have: Cowboys, Giants and Rams, join the race to up his AAV.
Dak is not getting traded

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My first thought when I saw the thread title was, it sounds like a movie title - something maybe Denzel Washington might star. Equalizer 4: The End of Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My point was sharp and straight to the heart.

And ya kiddo. I joined the Zone in 2006 just to get a front row seat to hate on Dak.

#nonesoblindthatwillnotsee
I don’t know what you were in 2006. I’m speaking on you in 2024…..as a matter of fact I’m pretty sure you had great times in 2006….2016 is when things went bad for you.