The end of Dak is coming

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why would we love Dak when He is gone? We will become indifferent. What will happen is we will just be able to discuss Cowboy football without Accusations and strawman arguments that led to circular reasoning

Oh you will hear about Dak for years to come and you will get the same exact arguments and accusations that you’re getting now. Make no mistake if the team falters if/when he’s gone we will never hear the end of it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dak Prescott 2023 NFL MVP Runner-up.

How does 3rd place in voting equal runner-up? Is this some weird math where 2+2=5?

It’s embarrassing you run around and keep parroting this. I’m curious if you think other fans of other teams whose player finished 3rd in voting (not receiving a single vote for 1st place) run around pounding their chest over said player?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How does 3rd place in voting equal runner-up? Is this some weird math where 2+2=5?

It’s embarrassing you run around and keep parroting this. I’m curious if you think other fans of other teams whose player finished 3rd in voting (not receiving a single vote for 1st place) run around pounding their chest over said player?
Dak Prescott 2023 NFL MVP Runner-up. Deal with it. I know it doesn’t fit your hate filled agenda here but deal with it.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The team that Dak signs with will show a LOT whether or not he's about winning or not. I can see Dak signing with some bottom feeder team and getting top dollar. Good luck to that squad!
When Dak leaves the Cowboys will be a “bottom feeder team”. Good luck to them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh you will hear about Dak for years to come and you will get the same exact arguments and accusations that you’re getting now. Make no mistake if the team falters if/when he’s gone we will never hear the end of it.
Exactly. The only change will be the volume of comments exchanged about Prescott. It will decrease but will stay a topic of discussion as long as he remains in folks' memory.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dak Prescott 2023 NFL MVP Runner-up. Deal with it. I know it doesn’t fit your hate filled agenda here but deal with it.
If Josh Allen received the only other first place vote wouldn’t that make him the runner up? Dak didn’t get a single first place vote. But nice deflection, of course you have no answer. Cope

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Exactly. The only change will be the volume of comments exchanged about Prescott. It will decrease but will stay a topic of discussion as long as he remains in folks' memory.
We still have posters who drag the last guy into threads who hasn’t even been here in what 8-9 years, and the ones who do weren’t even fans of his. Can you imagine what the diehards of the current QB are gonna act like? Oof

Wangchung83

Reaction score
I do not remember him having the deer in the headlights look early on. That's something I've noticed the last few years.
That’s bc he wasn’t in spot light early on, it was zeke and the line doing the work. Dak took his big pay day that shouldn’t have ever happened and that led to him having the pass more bc his o line and zeke’s ability started to deminish. Dak started throwing more and was only good against bad defenses. Got to the playoffs and realized every team is above average. The problems become way more evident against good teams..slow anticipation, holding on to ball and taking huge sacks for loss, throwing into double coverage, etc. Dak is a deer in the headlights and was in college as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dark winning a championship.lol. He’s not going to get better playmakers around him, Dallas spent a league high on our offense and he still couldn’t get it done. These two seasons he had the best chance he’s ever going to have and the defense wasn’t the problem. The defense outplayed the offense in the losses to San Fran and Dak couldn’t move the ball.

No QB is going to win a championship with this team the way the Joneses run it. Aikman was 0-2 in his last couple of playoff games and one of those losses was at home to a Jake Plummer led Cardinals team who the Cowboys swept that season. The Cowboys are 4-12 in the playoffs since 97. The only time our QB was a problem was in 2000-2005. Our last two QBs have been more than capable of winning a championship with a complete team and coaching. We haven’t had that. You fans who keep putting the blame on a QB who just led the league in TD passes and was second in the MVP voting are lost. Dak has led us to the playoffs three straight seasons which hasn’t happened since Aikman was our QB. You’re totally lost if you think our defense outplayed our offense in the loss to SF in 2021. They had 169 rushing yards, controlling the ball for 34 minutes and we didn’t sack Jimmy G once. Some of you need to get real. Our defense has SUCKED in the playoffs the past two decades. That’s been our biggest problem in the playoffs.

Flamma

Reaction score
We went 4-1 with Rush when Dak was injured. We would have made the playoffs with Rush, but probably not won 12 games. Both QBs are limited. We're not winning anything with either one of them. Why is it a question if we should pay one of them 60M a year? It's ridiculous.

If you have a good team, you're probably going to make the playoffs with an average QB. Why would you pay any of these QBs, even if they are a little better, a ridiculous amount of money? If your only goal is to make the playoffs, you don't need to pay 50-60M a year for a QB.

leeblair

Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
Between Jason Garrett and Garrett 2.0 (Dak), Jerry has alienated most of the long time fans.
Some may not even realize it, and some may not want to admit it, but the circus that the Cowboys franchise has become is not what men can take pleasure in.
Men want real ethics; our conscience won't stand for less, and the circus in Dallas is not run by men of knowledge and ethics.
It's a sideshow masquerading as the real thing; a joke, in a franchise that once stood for the ideals that bring out the best in men.
Not any more.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Between Jason Garrett and Garrett 2.0 (Dak), Jerry has alienated most of the long time fans.
Some may not even realize it, and some may not want to admit it, but the circus that the Cowboys franchise has become is not what men can take pleasure in.
Men want real ethics; our conscience won't stand for less, and the circus in Dallas is not run by men of knowledge and ethics.
It's a sideshow masquerading as the real thing; a joke, in a franchise that once stood for the ideals that bring out the best in men.
Not any more.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

starfan1

Reaction score
Ya youre right Romo has been gone for 8 years and we still see him on the front page. I wish aikman and Staubach got as much front page activity.They were better QBs by a long shot

Chasing6

Reaction score
I defended Romo and did the same for Dak. So I’m sure I’ll have to defend Trey Lance as well…..typically how that goes. I will continue to have to defend guys due to Jerry’s incompetence that posters can’t seem to see.
Trance is not going to happen. It was a donation to the Niners SB aspirations. At this point I may as well root for them, since we made an invest their.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dak will be a distant memory very soon. Within 5 years is very soon to me, and it may be much sooner. Yes, if Dak wins a SB as a starter you can strut around. When he does not, it will just be on to the next guy who might already be taking shots from fans. Plenty on here are already trolling Lance though he’s basically done nothing but get traded here.

That’s a funny thing-those that worship Dak to the point of preemptively trashing someone that has only a distant chance of succeeding as a starter anyway. Or they trash Cooper or backhand compliment him when he has success. Then they use the word hater regarding Dak critics. Hi-my name is ironic hypocrite-what’s yours?

Blitzen

Reaction score
Trance is not going to happen. It was a donation to the Niners SB aspirations. At this point I may as well root for them, since we made an invest their.

Go for it-you wouldn’t even need to change your handle.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak will be a distant memory very soon. Within 5 years is very soon to me, and it may be much sooner. Yes, if Dak wins a SB as a starter you can strut around. When he does not, it will just be on to the next guy who might already be taking shots from fans. Plenty on here are already trolling Lance though he’s basically done nothing but get traded here.

That’s a funny thing-those that worship Dak to the point of preemptively trashing someone that has only a distant chance of succeeding as a starter anyway. Or they trash Cooper or backhand compliment him when he has success. Then they use the word hater regarding Dak critics. Hi-my name is ironic hypocrite-what’s yours?
Cooper is a great back up QB. Trance was a complete waste.

plymkr

Reaction score
When Dak leaves the Cowboys will be a “bottom feeder team”. Good luck to them.
No we won’t. We’ll stay average. I’m going to give you a stat line:

10 wins, playoff berth, bounced in the first round of the playoffs

Who lead the team, Dak or Quincy Carter?