The end of Dak is coming

cnuball21

Reaction score
That’s the problem. You are judging Dak versus some of the greatest QB’s to ever play the game. It’s apples and oranges. Most QB’s do not make it to 35 because other franchises would move on from a QB that is not a hall of fame type player that never goes on a deep playoff run deep into their 30’s.
I didn’t even list any names and you’re assuming they’re all hall of famers and that Dak isn’t as good as any of them.

It sounds like your mind is already made up on Dak regardless.

starfan1

Reaction score
we will miss quite a few of the posters subsequently, as they will cease to exist when Dak is gone. ;)
speak for yourself :laugh: I wont miss any of them. especially the ones that leave if he gets the extension.

which mind you probably isnt in the best interest of the cowboys depending on the terms and the how the defense and line performs. The zone however improves day 1 they boogie to the texans site.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
It's gonna be hilarious when Tom Brady rips Dak as if this was a celebrity roast. Easy target....in coming.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I’m wondering how the anti guys handle Dak being gone…they flock to hating Micah until he’s gone? Wonder how does this work?

we will miss quite a few of the posters subsequently, as they will cease to exist when Dak is gone. ;)
The irony here is that if your demons were exorcised your posts would diminish by about 90%. Or would you just find another reason to flex your internet muscles?

Wonder how that works.

Blitzen

Reaction score
The worst scenario imaginable for fans here is that Dak wins the superbowl. What then?!

And the best case scenario for lots of fans here is winning the powerball/mega millions lottery 6 or more times in a row. Imagine the possibility!

Blitzen

Reaction score
What's hilarious, yet truly sad, you would have some "Cowboys fans" here that would be extremely angry. These are the same "Cowboys fans" who appear irritated after our wins. (I still don't get that one)

Cowboys’ fans “hate” Dak for not winning big in the postseason’s biggest games. Dak and company win big in the postseason-all those fans would just be shocked. Up is down and down is up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The irony here is that if your demons were exorcised your posts would diminish by about 90%. Or would you just find another reason to flex your internet muscles?

Wonder how that works.
I defended Romo and did the same for Dak. So I’m sure I’ll have to defend Trey Lance as well…..typically how that goes. I will continue to have to defend guys due to Jerry’s incompetence that posters can’t seem to see.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
It's strange because Romo fans wanted him to play into his 40's regardless of his lack of availability due to mounting injuries (Romo did prove his toughness, but it impacted his longevity). Yet many fans have been wanting to get rid of Dak for years and he has very similar stats as Romo, esp when it matters in the playoffs. Neither QB got it done in the playoffs but the fanbase tends to immortalize Romo while vilifying Dak. Now I'm fine with us moving on from Dak just like I was with Romo, but the perception of each QB is vastly different among fans given that they have the same stats and same playoff results. Double standard IMO.

CWR

Reaction score
They wouldn't. They've shown you already that they wouldn't. That's why I don't care if they pay Dak or not. They'll use the extra cap space to pay more of their own. That's it. They'll structure the cap hits to take up most of the cap space. They won't mortgage the future because they don't want lean years.
If you have that little faith, and believe me I'm NOT criticizing you, then yes we should absolutely pay him.

That's just it though, you don't have to mortgage the future to sign Joe Mixon this offseason. We can make prudent signings without hurting the team moving forward.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I didn’t even list any names and you’re assuming they’re all hall of famers and that Dak isn’t as good as any of them.

It sounds like your mind is already made up on Dak regardless.

Okay list me these great strings of performances from ages 31-36 from guys not likely to make the hall of fame. And I will look at the stats. I think most of the guys you are going to mention are traditional pocket passers and always were. Most QB’s begin to decline very soon at this age-though they may sneak in a good season or two (injuries and declining play).

Blitzen

Reaction score
If only all of our fans understood this…

Who said anyone believes the front office can build the team better and thus make another QB a SB winner? If you do not believe they can-what does it matter if the Cowboys move on from Dak? Because of regular season glory lol?