The end of Dak is coming

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No we won’t. We’ll stay average. I’m going to give you a stat line:

10 wins, playoff berth, bounced in the first round of the playoffs

Who lead the team, Dak or Quincy Carter?
The Cowboys will be hard pressed to win 10 games with Dak this season. Sans a significant QB1, with the less than imaginative Dallas FO, it will be a sub-.500 team going forward until they stumble upon a capable on-field leader. Next March the best FA quarterback available will be Dak Prescott. If Dallas isn’t interested in him at best they’ll sign the 2nd best FA quarterback available. Whoever they sign, even if it’s Trey Lance, they’ll pay a premium for him because they were not more forward thinking in their planning. Dallas might want to consider offering Atlanta a 2025 2nd and a 2026 1st for Michael Penix, Jr. and then cross their fingers.

plymkr

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be hard pressed to win 10 games with Dak this season. Sans a significant QB1, with the less than imaginative Dallas FO, it will be a sub-.500 team going forward until they stumble upon a capable on-field leader. Next March the best FA quarterback available will be Dak Prescott. If Dallas isn’t interested in him at best they’ll sign the 2nd best FA quarterback available. Whoever they sign, even if it’s Trey Lance, they’ll pay a premium for him because they were not more forward thinking in their planning. Dallas might want to consider offering Atlanta a 2025 2nd and a 2026 1st for Michael Penix, Jr. and then cross their fingers.
I agree Dallas will be hard pressed to win 10 games this season. But my overall point was missed. We will not be a bottom feeder team, we will be average, just like we’ve always been since ‘95. There is a belief/narrative that if or when Dak leaves the Cowboys will revert back to the Quincy Carter era. Well in 2004 Carter lead the Cowboys to 10 wins and a WC round loss. In 2023 Dak lead the Cowboys to 12 wins and a WC round loss.

So the Dak Prescott era has only produced one more round of success that Carter era produced. Dak has won a WC game, Quincy did not. That’s it. We’re mediocre now and we’ll be mediocre when Dak leaves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak will be a distant memory very soon. Within 5 years is very soon to me, and it may be much sooner. Yes, if Dak wins a SB as a starter you can strut around. When he does not, it will just be on to the next guy who might already be taking shots from fans. Plenty on here are already trolling Lance though he’s basically done nothing but get traded here.

That’s a funny thing-those that worship Dak to the point of preemptively trashing someone that has only a distant chance of succeeding as a starter anyway. Or they trash Cooper or backhand compliment him when he has success. Then they use the word hater regarding Dak critics. Hi-my name is ironic hypocrite-what’s yours?
You sound like someone trying to convince themselves it’s desperation at this point.

GINeric

Reaction score
Because most every year there are QB's that manage to perform to ALL-PRO level despite having a more difficult schedule.

Ok, so why haven't the ones with a more difficult schedule managed to out-perform Dak to All Pro status?

It may just be easier to give the man credit for being a good quarterback. Dak isn't an elite quarterback and everyone knows that, but it appears to me that people get creative enough to go out of their way to discredit the man.

Dak may not lead a team to a Superbowl, but the same can be said about many quarterbacks who were good but not good enough to win the Superbowl or even get there and they were drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

It's ok to give a good quarterback his props when he deserves it. Dak had an All Pro season WITHOUT a functioning running game and that can't be denied. It happened in real life.

What other quarterbacks have became All Pro with a weak running game? I'm sure it may have been done before by others, but not often. If it was so easy to be an All Pro quarterback without a running, why aren't more quarterbacks able to do it?

It's easy, right?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Whenever Dak does leave you’re not going to know what to do as ALL you do is post how much you hate Dak. You and several others.
You crawled out from under the rock you hid under to avoid confronting the truth after calling me a liar a couple days ago.

You're a real man Rocky. Lol

P.s. You're no different than tmc and cfih. You'll have nothing to post about after the "haters" are gone. I could find at least something to respect about you if you would at least own it. Like a real man. Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dark winning a championship.lol. He’s not going to get better playmakers around him,
He’s probably not going to get a better defense which has been the biggest problem our last two QBs faced in the playoffs. Dak has done just fine with the weapons he has on offense. Just look as his career numbers and the amount of points we’ve scored. We’ve had the number one offense at least twice with him, despite an inconsistent running game but our defense in the most critical games has been GARBAGE!

Wangchung83

Reaction score
The worst scenario imaginable for fans here is that Dak wins the superbowl. What then?!
Lol don’t worry that’s not going to happen. I’ve held on to that hope all nine years he’s been here. I would be unbelievably happy and say pay the man, but you truly have a better chance of winning the powerball bc Dak can’t get past the divisional rd and most years the wild card round. It’s just not worth stating this anymore bc it’s not even a question.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree Dallas will be hard pressed to win 10 games this season. But my overall point was missed. We will not be a bottom feeder team, we will be average, just like we’ve always been since ‘95. There is a belief/narrative that if or when Dak leaves the Cowboys will revert back to the Quincy Carter era. Well in 2004 Carter lead the Cowboys to 10 wins and a WC round loss. In 2023 Dak lead the Cowboys to 12 wins and a WC round loss.

So the Dak Prescott era has only produced one more round of success that Carter era produced. Dak has won a WC game, Quincy did not. That’s it. We’re mediocre now and we’ll be mediocre when Dak leaves.
If Dak were not on the Dallas Cowboys this season Dallas wins six games at most, likely less. This is 2024. 2023 has little to do with the 2024 season. 2004 has nothing to do with anything. Good lord, even the rules have drastically changed since then. Perhaps you can’t fathom the Cowboys winning four or five games in a season, but it can happen. Fans’ notion that all that has to happen is 53 guys simultaneously showing up in Cowboys football uniforms once a week and that’s good for ten wins is the same haughty attitude too many Cowboys players have when the playoffs begin. It is entirely possible for the Cowboys to be the worst team in the NFL. Dak may not ask for a trade, because he’s close to being a free agent, but this lack of direction may well result in Micah and CeeDee asking to be traded. They are many years away from free agency because of the tag rules. You can bet the house, the car, and the fondue set their respective agents will be asking for no tag/no trade clauses in their clients’ contracts. Jerry Jones is becoming an embarrassment. See how aggressive Washington’s front office is being? It seems as if it has not escaped the Eagles’ attention. What are the Cowboys even trying to do?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He’s probably not going to get a better defense which has been the biggest problem our last two QBs faced in the playoffs. Dak has done just fine with the weapons he has on offense. Just look as his career numbers and the amount of points we’ve scored. We’ve had the number one offense at least twice with him, despite an inconsistent running game but our defense in the most critical games has been GARBAGE!
Lol..that wasn’t the problem in the San Fran games. Defense was just fine and that number 1 scoring offense turned into a frog, couldn’t even score 21 pts or 19 pts in 2021 or 2022. Last year he threw a pick six and pick in our own red zone in the first quarter. So 14 first half points are on him. Then our defense saw exactly what everyone else saw that’s not a day lover, deer in the headlights look. Not the defenses fault kjj

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Oh you will hear about Dak for years to come and you will get the same exact arguments and accusations that you’re getting now. Make no mistake if the team falters if/when he’s gone we will never hear the end of it.
Nah. Only if he does well elsewhere. If he chokes elsewhere no one here will care. Those who think he isn’t good enough and even those who would consider themselves his haters will forget all about him. It’s only the supporters who would keep bringing him up if the former happens.

Romo is brought up because of how he was unceremoniously treated in the end and the “what if” questions because Dak hasn’t accomplished anything as his replacement. In fact, he’s played worse in the playoffs. It’s a bring Romo down kind of thing to elevate Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol..that wasn’t the problem in the San Fran games. Defense was just fine and that number 1 scoring offense turned into a frog, couldn’t even score 21 pts or 19 pts in 2021 or 2022. Last year he threw a pick six and pick in our own red zone in the first quarter. So 14 first half points are on him. Then our defense saw exactly what everyone else saw that’s not a day lover, deer in the headlights look. Not the defenses fault kjj
How was the defense just fine in 2021 giving up 169 rushing yards to SF and not sacking Jimmy G once? Did you not watch that game? :rolleyes: Their DL destroyed us up front. Get real!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
How was the defense just fine in 2021 giving up 169 rushing yards to SF and not sacking Jimmy G once? Did you not watch that game? :rolleyes: Their DL destroyed us up front. Get real!
Because defenses get tired when it’s perpetual three and outs or they’re on the field too long while the offense can’t move the ball and put points on the board. Haven’t you heard of the saying, the “best defense is a good offense”? In the current NFL where the rules favor the offense more than the defense this becomes even more important.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
The end of Dak is coming
7ifssw.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because defenses get tired when it’s perpetual three and outs or they’re on the field too long while the offense can’t move the ball and put points on the board. Haven’t you heard of the saying, the “best defense is a good offense”? In the current NFL where the rules favor the offense more than the defense this becomes even more important.
What a lousy excuse! :rolleyes: We had 20 first downs in that game, just one shy of SF. We held the ball almost 27 minutes compared to just over 33 minutes for SF. SF took the opening kick off and drove the ball with ease down our throats for a TD. Was that because our defense was tired? Lol One of the big issues we had we couldn’t run the ball because we got dominated up front. We also had 14 penalties that helped negate some good plays/first downs that put us behind the chains. We had no pass rush and couldn’t stop their running game. Deebo, a flipping WR rushed for 72 yards. :facepalm: Can’t believe some of are defending our defense. Our defense folded like a cheap suit! Even the Joneses were critical of our damn run defense. I get that you hate Dak, but get real! To pin that loss entirely on him and our offense is ridiculous!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What a lousy excuse! :rolleyes: We had 20 first downs in that game, just one shy of SF. We held the ball almost 27 minutes compared to just over 33 minutes for SF. SF took the opening kick off and drove the ball with ease down our throats for a TD. Was that because our defense was tired? Lol One of the big issues we had we couldn’t run the ball because we got dominated up front. We also had 14 penalties that helped negate some good plays/first downs that put us behind the chains. We had no pass rush and couldn’t stop their running game. Deebo, a flipping WR rushed for 72 yards. :facepalm: Can’t believe some of are defending our defense. Our defense folded like a cheap suit! Even the Joneses were critical of our damn run defense. I get that you hate Dak, but get real! To pin that loss entirely on him and our offense is ridiculous!
Dak isn’t any better than Jimmy G. It’s why the 49ers could control the game with the run. Also, a six minute difference in time of possession is pretty significant. And if Deebo is rushing for almost 50% of those yards, you’re defeating your own point, because receivers don’t run the ball often except on misdirection plays and the like.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak isn’t any better than Jimmy G. It’s why the 49ers could control the game with the run. Also, a six minute difference in time of possession is pretty significant. And if Deebo is rushing for almost 50% of those yards, you’re defeating your own point, because receivers don’t run the ball often except on misdirection plays and the like.
Sorry, but you really aren’t a very astute fan if you honestly believe that. Dak isn’t better than Jimmy G? That’s absurd! :facepalm: Because of his great defense all Jimmy G had to do was manage the game. Just hand the ball off and watch us get road graded. Jimmy G is an average QB which is why SF moved on from him and he got benched in Vegas in less than one season. When he has to do a lot he sucks! SF controlled the ball because we couldn’t stop them. We knew how they used Deebo running the ball and we had no answers for him. Some of those 72 rushing yards he had were after contact. He looked like Earl Campbell running over us. We looked like the Keystone Cops trying to tackle him. It was embarrassing! We had some success moving the ball but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties. It’s a waste of time arguing with Dak haters.

NotForLong

Reaction score
No I’m not saying love Dak I’m saying what will they do? Or you do? If 90 percent of your posts are about Dak and what will you do once he leaves? Who’s the next guy to hate? I mean I know it’s Micah the question is rhetorical.
We don't hate anyone. Half the time I am defending whoever the escape goat is for Dak Lovers. They rip apart the whole team constantly

Most of the posts are just Dak Fans being difficult and talking on circles to defend him