The end of Dak is coming

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s on the down slope. Everyone needs to accept it and move on. I’ve already turned the page-whether he’s on the squad or not-my mind is on what the team is like after him.
I get it. It helps you cope. I just don’t think you should get your hopes up and allow this team to disappoint you yet again.

DickWhitman

Reaction score
I just don't think we need to pay this QB to get these results. I think we can make the playoffs with any decent QB. We don't need to pay a QB that's decent to good 60M a year. Dak is not that much better than Mayfield or Carr. Why would you pay him 60M a year? We can not win a SB with any of those QBs.
I'd take Mayfield over Dak any day...

plymkr

Reaction score
Still not average.
The narrative of the Dallas Cowboys going back to the Quincy Carter years if Dak leaves is rubbish because Dak accomplished exactly one more week of playing then Carter did and last season Dak accomplished exactly what Carter did.

So if we are a successful franchise under Dak then we were a successful franchise under Carter. If we were a bad team under Carter then we’re a bad team under Dak. Because Carter, Romo, and Dak all got to the playoffs and got bounced early. The bottom line is we as a fanbase have been conditioned to accept splash plays and stats as success.

Me personally, I want more as a fan than being a fringe playoff team that gets bounced early.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The narrative of the Dallas Cowboys going back to the Quincy Carter years if Dak leaves is rubbish because Dak accomplished exactly one more week of playing then Carter did and last season Dak accomplished exactly what Carter did.

So if we are a successful franchise under Dak then we were a successful franchise under Carter. If we were a bad team under Carter then we’re a bad team under Dak. Because Carter, Romo, and Dak all got to the playoffs and got bounced early. The bottom line is we as a fanbase have been conditioned to accept splash plays and stats as success.

Me personally, I want more as a fan than being a fringe playoff team that gets bounced
Have to get in to get bounced.

LocoBates

Reaction score
2023 NFL MVP runner-up.

IMG-0486.gif
Name the runner up Teams of last 10 SBs. Runner up is the first loser and no one remembers them.

Not to mention that the 1st place MVP Lamar Jackson got a whopping 493 vote points vs 152 vote points for Dak so it is not as if it was close to be MVP.
Dak only beat McCaffrey by 5 vote points!
I am sure McCaffrey is not sad neither proud and dropping the mike for 3rd place, the only thing sure is he wasn't MVP

Flamma

Reaction score
10 wins, playoff berth, bounced in the WC game.

Who lead the team, Dak or Quincy?
Are you talking about that playoff game way back in 2003 or 2004? Got bounced by the Panthers I believe.

plymkr

Reaction score
Are you talking about that playoff game way back in 2003 or 2004? Got bounced by the Panthers I believe.
Yep. Panthers beat us. Carter played one of his worst games of the season that day. The moment was too big for him. He was also in the last year of his contract after that game.

So in comparison, 10 win season, playoff berth, bounced in the WC round and Carter got overwhelmed in the moment and played bad. He also had one year left on his contract as he walked off the field.

My question is why didn’t we make him the highest paid player in NFL history?

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think the team wants to start Lance & cut ties with Dak NOW- but are paralyzed by the optics of this heavy-handed of a move.

They should have dealt him or attempted to before the draft.

plymkr

Reaction score
Have to get in to get bounced.
If that what makes you happy. I think we disagree on what success means. For me a successful season is making a run at the Super Bowl. If the metric for you is making the playoffs then that’s cool, it’s just not my metric.

I don’t care about stats, MVP voting, DPOTY, how valuable the franchise is, etc. My metric is did we compete for a Super Bowl. If we didn’t then I consider that an unsuccessful season.

The Dak Prescott Dallas Cowboys only got one game further in this era to the Super Bowl than the Quincy Carter led Dallas Cowboys.

If the metric of success is making the playoffs and losing again I’ll ask this question, why didn’t we make Quincy Carter the highest paid player in NFL history?

Flamma

Reaction score
Yep. Panthers beat us. Carter played one of his worst games of the season that day. The moment was too big for him. He was also in the last year of his contract after that game.

So in comparison, 10 win season, playoff berth, bounced in the WC round and Carter got overwhelmed in the moment and played bad. He also had one year left on his contract as he walked off the field.

My question is why didn’t we make him the highest paid player in NFL history?
For obvious reasons. I wouldn't give Dak that kind of contract. But that's how QBs play the game. If you want to keep the QB, you have to pay him top dollar. If you don't, they'll play for someone else even if it means taking less. Some non QB players do the same thing.

plymkr

Reaction score
For obvious reasons. I wouldn't give Dak that kind of contract. But that's how QBs play the game. If you want to keep the QB, you have to pay him top dollar. If you don't, they'll play for someone else even if it means taking less. Some non QB players do the same thing.
Right. You don’t pay top dollar for players that don’t produce results. This doesn’t apply only to Dak. I wouldn’t pay top dollar for Micah or CD as well. They disappear in big games. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if these want to make history with their salary then they have to make history on the field. Otherwise Jerry is just paying guys to be an average football team.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I get it. It helps you cope. I just don’t think you should get your hopes up and allow this team to disappoint you yet again.

Whatever you say. I literally missed half the games this past season. Not as much interest in the mid tier product. If you haven’t noticed-it’s been on Groundhog Day for awhile. Dak will just be the next QB to get replaced. That’s how I view the situation. I’m way past disappointed-I’m less interested. I do lots of other stuff with my time when football season is happening. You can call it coping-I would call it living my life to the best I can. I don’t live vicariously through any of these athletes like some of you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Me personally, I want more as a fan than being a fringe playoff team that gets bounced early.
Most of us want that but there are a few who are wishing for failure.

plymkr

Reaction score
Most of us want that but there are a few who are wishing for failure.
I just want to win. If Dak takes us to the Super Bowl this year and win it then pay him 70 million. I’d root for my ex girlfriend if she was the QB of the Cowboys (TBH she’s probably better suited for DT) but when the game starts I want to win. I don’t care who gets us there as long as we get there. I’m concerned this current group of guys doesn’t have the moxie to do it and the idea of locking them up long term is scary. If they prove it on the field in the playoffs then let’s roll baby, but this last playoff defeat was pretty sobering.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think my overall point in this thread is the idea that the organization will fall apart without Dak is not accurate. We’re not winning or losing because of Dak. We’re not competitive because of our front office and if we lose Dak than we’ll stay average and relevant. Just like we did with Carter and just like with Romo. My main point is don’t sign Dak out of fear that we’ll regress to a bad team because I don’t feel we’re a good team right now. Micah, Dak, and CD have contributed nothing to the Cowboys that Ellis, Carter, Ismail/Galloway have. I don’t get the fear of losing these guys when we haven’t won anything with them. I don’t understand how these guys can hold us hostage contract wise when their best efforts are playoff failures.

My stance is not anti-Dak. Even though that’s what started this thread. My point is to play devils advocate to the idea that Dallas will be a bottom feeder without Dak. Or Micah and CD. I’d rather be in rebuild mode with young hungry players that want to win than this group of guys that didn’t teally look like they wanted to play against GB.

I agree with Irvin and what he said after the game. “All they ***es need to go”. He pretty much encapsulated my feelings on the team.