The end of Dak is coming

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Whether the Cowboys extend Dak or they let him walk-the end is much closer than the beginning. I watched a few big games (just the actual offensive plays) from earlier in his career-and came away with the same feeling that I got at the time. Dak was extremely reliant on his running ability and the star of the offense for the first several years was Zeke/offensive line. Everything was based off of the rushing game and they would sneak some occasional passes in to their best receiver playmakers (typically stop or in breaking routes). He looked awful at throwing routes running away from him most plays.

The offense has changed obviously without a dominant rushing attack. Dak is better in the pocket now, but it still looks like he’s playing someone else’s game too often and especially against top defenses. I think he is around a maximum of 5 more seasons in the league, and any other significant lower body injury could dramatically shorten that.

We’ll see what happens, but I would think all Cowboys’ fans would be fine at thinking of future teams not featuring the greatness of Dak Prescott. Considering it will be happening fairly soon either way.
This is what is known as wish-casting. Maybe the wish comes true; maybe it doesn't. But there aren't any hard facts here - only wishes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are a Cowboy lover. However, some of your fellow members do not call you that. :muttley:

It's all good. Just remember your promise when I start quoting from McLintock!, yelling, "WHERE'S THE WHISKEY???" I mean, "WHERE'S THE CHAMPAGNE???" :laugh:
LOL.........It worries me when some (very few in today's world) call me an Eagles fan or a Dak Hater or their classic favorite La Troll. :muttley:
Losing sleep over their sentiments what to do what to do???????????? :muttley:

When the day arrives that I care what the Dakdavidians think about me is the day Hell freezes over.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I love how the GB game has become a condemnation of the defense when the offense basically cut the defenses legs out in the first half
This is so true. This game was over before halftime. The QB giftwrapped it and put a bow on top. Blaming the defense is just silly. You're just not winning in the playoffs with multiple interceptions including a pick six. The second half of that game is irrelevant.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.........It worries me when some (very few in today's world) call me an Eagles fan or a Dak Hater or their classic favorite La Troll. :muttley:
Losing sleep over their sentiments what to do what to do???????????? :muttley:

When the day arrives that I care what the Dakdavidians think about me is the day Hell freezes over.
The 'Dakdavidians' likely feel the exact same way, lol.

Blitzen

Reaction score
This is what is known as wish-casting. Maybe the wish comes true; maybe it doesn't. But there aren't any hard facts here - only wishes.

That after 5 years he’s out of the league or not a starter is unrealistic? That’s what I claimed-he’s on the down slope of his career. Pretty standard issue for a guy about to turn 31. Which is why I think it’s very funny that somehow fans think the team needs to keep building around him as though he’s this treasured future asset.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That after 5 years he’s out of the league or not a starter is unrealistic? That’s what I claimed-he’s on the down slope of his career. Pretty standard issue for a guy about to turn 31. Which is why I think it’s very funny that somehow fans think the team needs to keep building around him as though he’s this treasured future asset.
I’d implore you to check out some of the best QBs of the last 20 years stats from ages 30-36 ish…

It’s actually pretty darn impressive.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Weirdo Thread Title, Weirdo basis of your original post...and now this weirdo comment.

Nothing about any of it makes any sense

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really don't understand the concept of making a real investment into the QB position
I was just pointing out that you were wrong. You said they don't invest in QB's and I proves they do.

Now you are adding words trying to justify that your initial post was incorrect. At no point did you say 'real investment'.

The front office continues to ignore the most important position on the field.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I’d implore you to check out some of the best QBs of the last 20 years stats from ages 30-36 ish…

That’s the problem. You are judging Dak versus some of the greatest QB’s to ever play the game. It’s apples and oranges. Most QB’s do not make it to 35 because other franchises would move on from a QB that is not a hall of fame type player that never goes on a deep playoff run deep into their 30’s.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I was just pointing out that you were wrong. You said they don't invest in QB's and I proves they do.

Now you are adding words trying to justify that your initial post was incorrect. At no point did you say 'real investment'.
How many QBs have they drafted in the last 20 years? How many QBs have they drafted in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Using one 4th round pick on a failing QB is not an investment in finding a future franchise QB. They have said publicly they HOPE Lance can compete with Rush for the backup QB spot. We needed competition for Dak, not Rush.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most of us are fine with moving on. We are just disappointed the front office doesn't have a plan in place to replace Dak. We should have been drafting and acquiring QBs prior to now to be prepared for this possibility. The front office continues to ignore the most important position on the field.
Like it or not the plan is lance.

There could be other plans coming.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

You are comparing the accomplishments of QBs who won SBs or at least made it to them with Dak who's never even made it the CTG and has the worst starting record for a playoff QB with at least 5 starts.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many QBs have they drafted in the last 20 years? How many QBs have they drafted in the first 2 rounds of the draft. Using one 4th round pick on a failing QB is not an investment in finding a future franchise QB. They have said publicly they HOPE Lance can compete with Rush for the backup QB spot. We needed competition for Dak, not Rush.
Who us thd 4th round "failing" qb.?