The future is finally in focus

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then can we also allow him the opportunity to play well and keep the job?

That seems only fair, right?

This talk of simply handing the keys back to Romo is ridiculous. The fact is that he hasn't played well since the 2014 season and has suffered not one, not two, but three significant injuries in less than a year's time. And that's on top of two prior back surgeries and one of, if not the worst track record of health among any starting quarterback in the league.

How anyone is in a rush to go back to that is crazy.

You cant talk sense into some of these cats. They cant see past the very next game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

This talk of simply handing the keys back to Romo is ridiculous. The fact is that he hasn't played well since the 2014 season and has suffered not one, not two, but three significant injuries in less than a year's time. And that's on top of two prior back surgeries and one of, if not the worst track record of health among any starting quarterback in the league.

At this point, I am willing to say that Prescott at 100% is better than Romo at 70%.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Stash love you man but you know they arent going to keep Romo on the bench making what he is making. It just aint gonna happen. The real question is how long does he last when he returns? My guess is not long. If he gets re injured I think then it is over.

No doubt they will play Romo when he is ready. I would be shocked if they didnt. Knowing them.

erod

Reaction score

If you want to see 8-9 in the box all season and the Cowboys scoring 28 points or less all year, then play Dak. Because that's what teams are going to do. They will not let Zeke and the o-line control the game.

If Cousins was anything, Dallas would have lost by 20 points yesterday. Be honest. He missed 3-4 receivers wide open for touchdowns.

Put Tony in, and the offense changes. A healthy Romo would have won the Giants game handily and put up 40+ yesterday. Zeke would have run wild yesterday, and much better in Week 1.

In time, Dak will provide the same. But that takes time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash love you man but you know they arent going to keep Romo on the bench making what he is making. It just aint gonna happen.

So they're making decisions based on money and perception rather than winning? Then it's no wonder why they continue to lose.

The real question is how long does he last when he returns? My guess is not long. If he gets re injured I think then it is over.

And all past history and future indicators support that belief, so why anyone would want to risk screwing up Prescott's momentum to go back to crossing your fingers and holding your breath every play is beyond me.

There are few plug-and-play positions in the NFL, where you can simply swap out one player for another, least of all at the starting quarterback position.

If people think any type of transition will be "easy", they're kidding themselves.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You just don´t understand what Romo brings to this offense, you want Zeke to improve? you want Prescott to improve? we need Romo out there. Look at Aaron Rodgers and Favre. That´s what we need right now. Prescott needs to be able to read the defense like Romo does. The best thing about Prescott is that he has Romo as a mentor, that´s what a lot of NFL teams lack.

The best thing for this team is a healthy Romo in his prime. But that isnt reality now is it? Dak obviously doesnt need a mentor. He needs to keep playing. The guy is years ahead of most rookies. He is leading this team and looking great doing it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This argument is pointless...when Romo is healthy he's back as the starter whether some like it or not.

I'm happy that Dak looks like the real deal but he still has a lot of work to do before he's Romo's equal.

At this point, its Romo has to prove he can still play and stay healthy.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It is OK fans to think Romo can be who he was. But it is NOT okay for the people that get paid to know these things to think this. The way this team is constructed...we would need the Romo of a few years ago to make a serious run. That guy no longer exists. People need to wake up. Is Romo a better QB than Dak at this point? Yes! But I can see teams blitizing Romo until he cries Uncle when he returns. I just hope Dak continues to get better and does not get discouraged when the politics of this business rear their ugly heads.

With the state of this defense....we are a couple of years away. And anyone who thought Romo could carry this team for an entire season+playoffs has simply not been paying attention.

If they want to give Romo one more shot next year...Jerry is going to have to open his wallet and get some catalytic players on every level of this defense next year. And someone opposite Dez that can stretch the field....which will open things up in the run game and give Dez room to operate underneath. The field has really been shrunk with the lack of speed on this team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So they're making decisions based on money and perception rather than winning? Then it's no wonder why they continue to lose.

And all past history and future indicators support that belief, so why anyone would want to risk screwing up Prescott's momentum to go back to crossing your fingers and holding your breath every play is beyond me.

There are few plug-and-play positions in the NFL, where you can simply swap out one player for another, least of all at the starting quarterback position.

If people think any type of transition will be "easy", they're kidding themselves.

We just see a different game it appears. Are you as bonkers over the possibilities with Dak as I am?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Not sure what the big deal is in this Romo and Dak debate. When Romo is healthy put him back in, if he fails or gets injured we are good to go with Dak. The man needs respect and he has carried this franchise on his back for years. I love Dak, and yes he is the real deal I saw it from pre-season not like the dumb experts that said it was only pre-season lol. but Romo needs another chance with the team.

RS12

Reaction score

Agree with everything you say but you know how the franchise is run. If it were up to me the season would be dedicated to seeing of Dak is the guy because they arent going far regardless with this defense.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score
The best thing for this team is a healthy Romo in his prime. But that isnt reality now is it? Dak obviously doesnt need a mentor. He needs to keep playing. The guy is years ahead of most rookies. He is leading this team and looking great doing it.

How does Dak doesn´t need a mentor? he cant even operate 100% of the playbook right now. He can´t audible out of a 8 man box. Give him time behind Romo and you will see the best of Prescott.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is OK fans to think Romo can be who he was. But it is NOT okay for the people that get paid to know these things to think this. The way this team is constructed...we would need the Romo of a few years ago to make a serious run. That guy no longer exists. People need to wake up. Is Romo a better QB than Dak at this point? Yes! But I can see teams blitizing Romo until he cries Uncle when he returns. I just hope Dak continues to get better and does not get discouraged when the politics of this business rear their ugly heads.

With the state of this defense....we are a couple of years away. And anyone who thought Romo could carry this team for an entire season+playoffs has simply not been paying attention.

If they want to give Romo one more shot next year...Jerry is going to have to open his wallet and get some catalytic players on every level of this defense next year. And someone opposite Dez that can stretch the field....which will open things up in the run game and give Dez room to operate underneath. The field has really been shrunk with the lack of speed on this team.

The best thing for Jones would be to trade Romo in the off season. Not sure of the salary cap ramifications of that or if it even makes sense there. But if it could open up the salary cap and help fix this defense it would be the quickest way to contender status again.