The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. It’s definitely not the definition of “bandwagon”

2. I’ve been here since 09 and a fan since I could remember (93ish)

3. I WISH I could be a bandwagon fan
Being here doesn’t make you a fan are you kidding me? Saying I’ll believe when they win a playoff game is the definition of being a bandwagon fan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until we actually beat the 49ers.....
Yes. If you can't understand this is the real hurdle....

Then you are just a mean SOB taking your lack of life out on other people.

It is a game. Entertainment. Sure. But there is a goal and objective in everything we do. Or should be. Ridiculing others for having one...shows your dysfunction.

If you are confused about my point-, fine. You don't read the board. That is okay. Not everyone has the free time I do.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but the bigger point is we don’t have to beat SF or make the SB to be a contender .

A contender isn’t necessarily a team which has been there. Only one that has a shot. How much of a shot is arguable.
Okay...so a "contender" in your opinion...is one who loses.

I might be confused by your point. So make it clear then.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Right… every year we have several SB contenders who lose. Only 2 contenders can make it.

You’re confusing a champion with a contender.

rambo2

Reaction score
So regardless the results you’re never looking to make any changes if we don’t meet our goals or expectations?
They look to be a top 2 team today. Not much to change. Looks like a good shot to win. If they get the 1, I think they win and if they get 2 or 5, they still have a shot. Injuries are going to be the key this final 4 weeks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They look to be a top 2 team today. Not much to change. Looks like a good shot to win. If they get the 1, I think they win and if they get 2 or 5, they still have a shot. Injuries are going to be the key this final 4 weeks.
Understood and agree.

But I’m looking beyond in the event we come up short in playoffs.

Will the disappointment be greater if we stumble with a better team and higher expectations?

HungryLion

Reaction score
If we arguably have a better team and would appear to be in position to have more success but still come up short we don’t think there will need to be a scapegoat ?

Or are we simply going to accept continuing our frustration and disappointment in playoffs cause we have a better coach and team ?
I sure hope not.

If we lose to the Niners again. I hope Jerry realizes it’s because the Niners have a more talented roster overall and don’t try to replace McCarthy

rambo2

Reaction score
Understood and agree.

But I’m looking beyond in the event we come up short in playoffs.

Will the disappointment be greater if we stumble with a better team and higher expectations?
I would be disappointed, but I would get over it quickly and turn to the draft coverage very quickly.

rambo2

Reaction score
I sure hope not.

If we lose to the Niners again. I hope Jerry realizes it’s because the Niners have a more talented roster overall and don’t try to replace McCarthy
The 49ers seem to have a lot of injuries at the moment. The Cowboys have a shot at overtaking them. The Cowboys have a shot at getting the 1, but they will have to earn it. It's a dog fight for that 1 spot.

kskboys

Reaction score

A contender simply means a team who has the potential to win it all. We have not been a contender recently due to a horrific inability to stop the run. Playoff teams are notorious for picking at your weaknesses.

That might have been remedied, not sure. Just when we're thinking our D is there, the ARI game happens.

rambo2

Reaction score
A contender simply means a team who has the potential to win it all. We have not been a contender recently due to a horrific inability to stop the run. Playoff teams are notorious for picking at your weaknesses.

That might have been remedied, not sure. Just when we're thinking our D is there, the ARI game happens.
They were a contender last year and are certainly one this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
They were a contender last year and are certainly one this year.
Not really. Contenders can stop the run. And don't turn the ball over profusely. You're confusing contender w/ a Cinderalla team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Okay cool. Sound like we are in agreement. We certainly have been proclaimed contender, but in fact really aren't.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I sure hope not.

Their roster is marginally better if that and we are significantly better at the QB position.

Where they destroy us is Shannahan.

There is nothing wrong with our coaches.. Shannahan is just that good.