The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Who were his WRs last year?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
I'm going to laugh my *** off when Prescott shows up for the playoffs....Still amazing how many people are buying the cheese he's improved. He's still late making the right reads....still late delivering the ball. Just wait until the playoffs starts.....and he struggles with the speed of the game.

:popcorn:

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm going to laugh my *** off when Prescott shows up for the playoffs....Still amazing how many people are buying the cheese he's improved. He's still late making the right reads....still late delivering the ball. Just wait until the playoffs starts.....and he struggles with the speed of the game.

To listen to this...after the progressive years, Dak Prescott still doesn't know how to tie his shoes and the Cowboys are losers and always were since about 1989...you know, the Jerry Zone. I'm still rooting for Jerry and the Cowboys are ready to take over against Buffalo.

I don't think it rides upon trash talking a past. And disrespecting it all. That's this fans right...to root for this team and give them MY support. This game will be a strong show for real fans.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are in the midst of their third-straight double-digit win campaign. It’s the first time since the 1994 through 1996 seasons they’ve been able to claim that feat. Being that this is the most consistent the franchise has been since their Super Bowl days, it stands to reason the front office will look to do what it can to keep the roster in tact.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...itm_campaign=internal&itm_content=ExploreMore

Mannix

Reaction score
He was toting the company line and the Jones didn’t wanted continuity. Mike wanted the job and it’s not like Moore wasn’t successful. Having said that it was still predictable and could not produce in big games. Hence why Mike convinced them it was his time.
Mike did not want to call plays and said so in both years 1 and 2….the evidence is out there….I brought it up here at the time and pasted the article/s to try show evidence when pressed by a poster…this after Bryan Broaddus had mentioned more than once of Packers officials talking behind the scenes of his laziness while HC there.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
After parting ways with K. Moore, as expected, Mike McCarthy made it clear that moving forward he'd be taking over the play calling responsibilities; But the interesting part was, he said that most of the offense/schemes will be based in K. Moore's blueprint. McCarthy tweaked or changed some parts of it {about 30%}, but most of what we are seeing from this recently unstoppable offense, are plays that were designed in K. Moore's scheme. **For whatever reason Dak hasn't played well in his last two playoff appearances against the 49ers; Is that K. Moore's fault?? If or when Dak stumbles, and we end up with another quick playoff exit, who will you blame then?? McCarthy?? T. Pollard?? O-line?? The problem with the blame game is eventually you run out of people to blame..

CCBoy

Reaction score
After parting ways with K. Moore, as expected, Mike McCarthy made it clear that moving forward he'd be taking over the play calling responsibilities; But the interesting part was, he said that most of the offense/schemes will be based in K. Moore's blueprint. McCarthy tweaked or changed some parts of it {about 30%}, but most of what we are seeing from this recently unstoppable offense, are plays that were designed in K. Moore's scheme. **For whatever reason Dak hasn't played well in his last two playoff appearances against the 49ers; Is that K. Moore's fault?? If or when Dak stumbles, and we end up with another quick playoff exit, who will you blame then?? McCarthy?? T. Pollard?? O-line?? The problem with the blame game is eventually you run out of people to blame..
Those play designs weren't forged by Moore but base West Coast concepts as well as foundations from BYU. He wasn't even of the historical background of Dallas Cowboy styles of offensive production. It was out of date as well as could be worked by strong opponents due to execution flaws.

Quit trying to create fan generated excuses and using whipping boys in disappointments.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Bro you know me..

I can tell when Dak is playing empty calorie / fools gold football.

I call it out quick.

This ain’t it. It’s completely different and I think you know it too.

If we get homefield we are going to the Super Bowl.‘I’m confident.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This team is awesome period. The pump is primed.
So my hunch is right, some fans are going to be more content with the disappointment and frustration if we come up short again in playoffs cause we have a better team and coaching staff?

I’m just thinking now that we have become arguably true SB contenders , the disappointment could be even harsher than previous seasons when we weren’t certain we had a good enough team for more success.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There were some here that claimed Moore wasnt the problem and Dak was. Not sure if you were one of them. Y'all couldnt wait to see Moore with a "REAL QB".

Sorry not trying to call out anyone by name but my God. Some of you need to eat some crow. Big time.
He for sure was one of them lol.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Mike did not want to call plays and said so in both years 1 and 2….the evidence is out there….I brought it up here at the time and pasted the article/s to try show evidence when pressed by a poster…this after Bryan Broaddus had mentioned more than once of Packers officials talking behind the scenes of his laziness while HC there.
I stopped being a fan of Jerry as a GM about a decade ago. I believe in recent years particularly in his advanced age, he became a figurehead. Just because he loves yapping in the media limelight doesn't mean he is micro-managing the team 24/7. However I just think it is unfair to keep maligning Jerry over force feeding Big Mike with Kellen Moore when it is patently untrue. It has been clearly documented, reported including past video clips of McCarthy indicating that he was impressed with Kellen and that upon joining the Cowboys as head coach he initially did not want to call plays. Some in here twist that around by stating McCarthy is a liar or he was desperate to accept the Cowboys head coaching job. You know when you hate someone long enough you completely lose your impartiality and start harboring a false narrative.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
I’m a believer in everything happens for a reason. We missed out on TJ Watt and got Micah. We missed out on Paxton Lynch and got Dak. I believe we had to sit through Moore to get this offense we have to do. I don’t think Moore was bad but I’m also starting to think Dak made it look better than it was.

It’s not over for Moore yet. This is a part of his story but yeah wasn’t prime years on him isn’t ideal but needed to happen.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Just another example in a long list of examples where Jerry thinks he's the smartest man in the room when it comes to football decisions when we all know he's isn't the smartest man in the room with regards to Football decisions...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just another example in a long list of examples where Jerry thinks he's the smartest man in the room when it comes to football decisions when we all know he's isn't the smartest man in the room with regards to Football decisions...
Yeah I don’t think that was a sole Jerry move. I’ve noticed over the years Jerry has the title so he can get credit and blame. He takes the bullets on Trysten Hill and Taco when he’s listening to scouts. His ears in the room told him Moore was the right guy and he agreed with it becaus football people like Linehan told him too.

Big_D

Reaction score
Garett should have been fired three years into his tenure....not year seven or eight
He should’ve never been hired in 2007. But besides that ridiculous decision he should’ve been fired the same day as Wade. Throwing away a decade on top of that was truly pathetic.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This horse is dead but a couple of things fans are overlooking IMO..........
* Remember we the No.1 rank offense Kellen's first year as OC and Jason was fired after the season.
* In come MM who clearly said he would leave Moore system in place coz its success and no reason to ask players to learn a new system. He said he would learn Moore's system and add a few of his plays.
* Wild card here IMO is Dak and Jerry wanted to keep Kellen. So my guess is MM agreed to keep Kellen and his system for a couple of years as long there were no issues.
* It took a couple of years to see the issues KM play calling/running the ball.
* Notice he didn't hold back on why Kellen was fired.

BTW......it's easy to find issues through hindsight glasses. There was a time when many fans and media were pushing Kellen as a replacement and firing MM. Interesting to see so many fans NOW on MM's bandwagon and to his credit, he never flinch. But that is what happens when you know what you're doing.