The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Jones’s learned their lesson with Hiring Jason Garrett and pushing him on Wade.

McCarthy said he would never give up playcalling again.

Then he comes to Dallas and is like yeah I want Kellen Moore lol. Imagine believing that.
A lot of fans did believe it. While it was obvious Moore was a condition of hire. The bigger reason is why

Most likely it was because of Prescott. Protecting him so he wouldn’t have to learn a new offense.

And when we continued coming up short in playoffs we needed a scapegoat . Moore was it to save McCarthys job. And ultimately to protect Dak

Who’s going to save his job if we come up short in playoffs again this year?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
Meanwhile, Herbert regressed with Moore. That they didn't name him interim head coach was telling. He'll be looking for another job.

rambo2

Reaction score
A lot of fans did believe it. While it was obvious Moore was a condition of hire. The bigger reason is why

Most likely it was because of Prescott. Protecting him so he wouldn’t have to learn a new offense.

And when we continued coming up short in playoffs we needed a scapegoat . Moore was it to save McCarthys job. And ultimately to protect Dak

Who’s going to save his job if we come up short in playoffs again this year?
His job isn't in danger. They look like they have a good shot. They are different just like Aikman said.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
His job isn't in danger. They look like they have a good shot. They are different just like Aikman said.
Yea they do look like they have a good shot.

But if we come up short again similar to previous seasons is it going to be more satisfying or just as frustrating ?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think Kellen Moore is terrible.

I just think he was not the guy for this job.

When they hired McCarthy they shouldn’t have forced him on McCarthy.
I think MM would have made a deal with the devil to get back into the coaching fraternity so I see why he accepted the situation as it was. I don't think it's right that a coach can't hire all of his own staff whether here or anywhere else.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Obligatory KM Memes...
kellen-moore1.jpg

kellen-moore.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we arguably have a better team and would appear to be in position to have more success but still come up short we don’t think there will need to be a scapegoat ?

Or are we simply going to accept continuing our frustration and disappointment in playoffs cause we have a better coach and team ?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If we arguably have a better team and would appear to be in position to have more success but still come up short we don’t think there will need to be a scapegoat ?

Or are we simply going to accept continuing our frustration and disappointment in playoffs cause we have a better coach and team ?
I think the only real worry we have right now besides injuries is SF. Can we match up with them finally? Only SF can claim to be better than Dallas right now, IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the only real worry we have right now besides injuries is SF. Can we match up with them finally? Only SF can claim to be better than Dallas right now, IMO.
I agree. But the point remains.

Are we going to be more accepting if we stumble or come up short in the playoffs again or is having a better coach and team enough even if the frustration and disappointment continue in playoffs?

I thought SF was the better team last two years but fans weren’t content or accepting.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He was toting the company line and the Jones didn’t wanted continuity. Mike wanted the job and it’s not like Moore wasn’t successful. Having said that it was still predictable and could not produce in big games. Hence why Mike convinced them it was his time.
What? They cut him loose! Now he’s not even the interim for the Chargers.

You guys are never happy and always looking to crap on the Boys

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree. But the point remains.

Are we going to be more accepting if we stumble or come up short in the playoffs again or is having a better coach and team enough even if the frustration and disappointment continue in playoffs?

I thought SF was the better team last two years but fans weren’t content or accepting.
Hard to say. MM needs at least one more talent infusion on the DLine to be able to match up w/ SF. Absolutely must control the LOS against them.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yea they do look like they have a good shot.

But if we come up short again similar to previous seasons is it going to be more satisfying or just as frustrating ?
This team is awesome period. The pump is primed.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
How much heat did the Jones catch for 9.5 years of Garrett?
There is a reason this team has not been to a NFCCG in 28
years.
Gross mismanagement at the top leads the way.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Jones haven't caught enough heat for a lot of things. Just like they thought they had something in Jason Garrett, and he was on the sidelines for a decade.

MM should have never taken the job with KM forced on him.

Or, at least if they were going to do that, let Mike call the plays and have KM play the Schotty role. At least then, he could've learned from Mike.

rambo2

Reaction score
How much heat did the Jones catch for 9.5 years of Garrett?
There is a reason this team has not been to a NFCCG in 28
years.
Gross mismanagement at the top leads the way.
What's happening this year? There is a reason that Jerry has as many championships as half of the teams in the league combined.

Motorola

Reaction score
You’re lucky Kellen wasn’t here for over a decade like some people.
He was bearing in on that yardstick before the Cowboys (McCarthy forced his hand) made the decision to part ways during the offseason.
Moore join the Cowboys in September 2015 = an eight-year stint with the franchise as both a player and coaching staff member.