The Jones’s are not catching enough heat for Kellen Moore

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He should’ve never been hired in 2007. But besides that ridiculous decision he should’ve been fired the same day as Wade. Throwing away a decade on top of that was truly pathetic.
You also have to be mindful is Garrett was also probably the best we could do at that point. We were getting guys like Wade….nobody wanted to coach for Jerry or that’s at least what it looked like.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This horse is dead but a couple of things fans are overlooking IMO..........
* Remember we the No.1 rank offense Kellen's first year as OC and Jason was fired after the season.
* In come MM who clearly said he would leave Moore system in place coz its success and no reason to ask players to learn a new system. He said he would learn Moore's system and add a few of his plays.
* Wild card here IMO is Dak and Jerry wanted to keep Kellen. So my guess is MM agreed to keep Kellen and his system for a couple of years as long there were no issues.
* It took a couple of years to see the issues KM play calling/running the ball.
* Notice he didn't hold back on why Kellen was fired.

BTW......it's easy to find issues through hindsight glasses. There was a time when many fans and media were pushing Kellen as a replacement and firing MM. Interesting to see so many fans NOW on MM's bandwagon and to his credit, he never flinch. But that is what happens when you know what you're doing.
Yeah I agree with this. Moore wasn’t a mistake we were successful here with him. Just wasn’t the right guy. It happens. And yeah Dak from what I read was upset Moore was gone. He was here for Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’ve noticed over the years Jerry has the title so he can get credit and blame. He takes the bullets on Trysten Hill and Taco when he’s listening to scouts. His ears in the room told him Moore was the right guy and he agreed with it becaus football people like Linehan told him too
:hammer: this gets lost among fans. Especially how often Jerry takes the bullet following others' advice but when was the last you heard him call out any of his people? For example, we all know Taco was Martinelli's pick but Jerry never called him out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This horse is dead but a couple of things fans are overlooking IMO..........
* Remember we the No.1 rank offense Kellen's first year as OC and Jason was fired after the season.
* In come MM who clearly said he would leave Moore system in place coz its success and no reason to ask players to learn a new system. He said he would learn Moore's system and add a few of his plays.
* Wild card here IMO is Dak and Jerry wanted to keep Kellen. So my guess is MM agreed to keep Kellen and his system for a couple of years as long there were no issues.
* It took a couple of years to see the issues KM play calling/running the ball.
* Notice he didn't hold back on why Kellen was fired.

BTW......it's easy to find issues through hindsight glasses. There was a time when many fans and media were pushing Kellen as a replacement and firing MM. Interesting to see so many fans NOW on MM's bandwagon and to his credit, he never flinch. But that is what happens when you know what you're doing.

McCarthy has Dak playing at a level no other coach was capable of and it’s almost entirely because of the changes he personally made.

It would be foolish to not be on the McCarthy bandwagon.

I’m upset he didn’t have more say over things on offense earlier.

Big_D

Reaction score
You also have to be mindful is Garrett was also probably the best we could do at that point. We were getting guys like Wade….nobody wanted to coach for Jerry or that’s at least what it looked like.
You’re right with that. Jerry wanted full control, he wasn’t going to get that with a legit coach. So he’d rather waste a full decade and countless players on an inexperienced puppet.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
McCarthy has Dak playing at a level no other coach was capable of and it’s almost entirely because of the changes he personally made.

It would be foolish to not be on the McCarthy bandwagon.

I’m upset he didn’t have more say over things on offense earlier.
I agree 100% but I think initially it was coz KM offense was successful, Dak liked him and Jerry/Dak didn't want a new system. But once all three realized KM wasn't seeing the big picture, he was fired. But the footwork and timing you mentioned is interesting coz one would think there no excuse for not addressing that...........until you understand MM installing westcoast offense changed everything about how he sees his footwork. See below......

"If you watch this film, you'll see that my footwork is tied in exactly with the receivers," Prescott told reporters after the game. "Whether it's going to No. 1 (read) or whether it's a hitch getting to number two or hell, I scrambled on the third down because my feet told me to do so."Sep 18, 2023

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I liked moore cause i got tired of Linehans dink and dunk offense.

But like everyone else has said, guy had no feel.

What really convinced me was the Jags game last year, got out to a big lead and then refused to kill the clock. Even when the defense got the ball back with a min left we passed the ball three times and punted without making the jags use a single timeout and we all know how that ended.

MM aint perfect in his calls either but Dak does look incredibly better, even with pressure in his face or getting knocked around. Our route running has gotten considerably better to during this season although it took a while. That goes hand ain hand but Daks confidence right now reminds me of how he played in early ‘21 but somehow even better.

And all of this with basically very little from the run game

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
With the improvement we’ve seen out of Dak Prescott in recent weeks and how he looks significantly better in this scheme it’s amazing to me that the Jones’s aren’t catching heat for forcing Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Even with the “#1 offense” a year ago McCarthy had seen enough and sent Kellen Moore packing.

I didn’t realize how bad things were but the hand picked coordinator was just another poor coaching decision by the Jones’s that set this team back multiple years.

Dak’s command of the offense and his footwork are just night and day compared to where he was.
100% agree! I'm glad you and many others are finally noticing. The problem was never Dak. He's got to tools to become very good. He simply didn't have the correct coaching.

Jerry Jones' decisions arguably cost this team a trip or two to the Super Bowl the past few years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:hammer: this gets lost among fans. Especially how often Jerry takes the bullet following others' advice but when was the last you heard him call out any of his people? For example, we all know Taco was Martinelli's pick but Jerry never called him out.
Exactly. People really think Jerry scouted Aubrey and found him in the USFL lol?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100% agree! I'm glad you and many others are finally noticing. The problem was never Dak. He's got to tools to become very good. He simply didn't have the correct coaching.

Jerry Jones' decisions arguably cost this team a trip or two to the Super Bowl the past few years.
See that part I disagree with. I don’t think losing to the 9ers was about coaching. Let’s not forget we have the same coaches now except Moore that we had last year. To me Dak has always been good. Mike deserves credit for this success but Dak was doing this even with Garrett.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
KM didn’t do poorly. We had a top offense every year under him. Sure, Dak is having a career year under MM, but let’s not pretend like KM was a disaster.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re right with that. Jerry wanted full control, he wasn’t going to get that with a legit coach. So he’d rather waste a full decade and countless players on an inexperienced puppet.
Yep and that part you can blame him for. But yeah we wouldn’t have even gotten a Mike back then we got him he was desperate Rodgers killed his stock.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
KM didn’t do poorly. We had a top offense every year under him. Sure, Dak is having a career year under MM, but let’s not pretend like KM was a disaster.

While he wasn’t poor… I don’t think he should get the full credit for the offense. Talent was a big part of that.

I remember when teams used to say how simplistic our offense was. There were no motions… barely any short passes (get the ball into playmakers hands)… no quarterback designed runs.

Now you have teams who are marveling at what we’re doing.

JJ def deserves blame…. Especially for the garret years… coaching matters. But we’re winning this year so for now it’s an afterthought

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So my hunch is right, some fans are going to be more content with the disappointment and frustration if we come up short again in playoffs cause we have a better team and coaching staff?

I’m just thinking now that we have become arguably true SB contenders , the disappointment could be even harsher than previous seasons when we weren’t certain we had a good enough team for more success.
Until we beat the 49ers I don't know if we are true SB contenders. We would be in the AFC. That is frustrating.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
See that part I disagree with. I don’t think losing to the 9ers was about coaching. Let’s not forget we have the same coaches now except Moore that we had last year. To me Dak has always been good. Mike deserves credit for this success but Dak was doing this even with Garrett.
Dak was doing what exactly even with Garrett?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Until we beat the 49ers I don't know if we are true SB contenders. We would be in the AFC. That is frustrating.

How can you say we aren’t Super Bowl contenders?

We obviously are.

Are we the favorite? No.

But after San Francisco Dallas has to be on the short list of NFC teams.

Dallas is better than the Eagles in every aspect of the game.

Detroit will be a tough team to beat in the post season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How can you say we aren’t Super Bowl contenders?

We obviously are.

Are we the favorite? No.

But after San Francisco Dallas has to be on the short list of NFC teams.

Dallas is better than the Eagles in every aspect of the game.

Detroit will be a tough team to beat in the post season.
Yeah Cowboys for sure are contenders like you said maybe but favorites but they are and legit.