Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

birdwells1

Reaction score
Having different standards isn't a lack of standards. It's odd to me that our disagreeing over whether or not they can conduct business from the Bahamas means I don't want them to win games.

That's like telling your son that's its ok to play video games while he does his homework, it maybe possible but it's not the best way to do it. Especially if that kids has failing grades in his classes, in that case he needs to be at the dining room table where there are no distractions.

birdwells1

Reaction score
why? There was a whole group of guys that hung out all the time. Witten and Romo were close with Garrett and the jones family. Romo is close with stephens son.

and if you guys think this meant anything understand Garrett benched Romo for Dak during the season. So it meant nothing.

And you don't see anything wrong with this, when is it good business when the front office personnel is buddy buddy with the people that they have to make decisions on. Hell Belichick was thinking about moving on from brady.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
That's like telling your son that's its ok to play video games while he does his homework, it maybe possible but it's not the best way to do it. Especially if that kids has failing grades in his classes, in that case he needs to be at the dining room table where there are no distractions.
No, it's nothing like that.

It's like telling your kid it's OK to do his homework outside instead of locked up in his room.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Seems like a false equivalence. Homework and video games both require activity. Sitting on a beach is pretty passive. Not sure why being in the Bahamas means he's not able to talk to his personnel guys.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
And you don't see anything wrong with this, when is it good business when the front office personnel is buddy buddy with the people that they have to make decisions on. Hell Belichick was thinking about moving on from brady.

umm. during this next season they moved on from romo in the middle of the season and it was garrett and jerry who made that decision before the pittsburgh game.

So how did this picture and this event stop them from doing what are you saying they hypothetically would not do?

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Seems like a false equivalence. Homework and video games both require activity. Sitting on a beach is pretty passive. Not sure why being in the Bahamas means he's not able to talk to his personnel guys.
It's because he's obviously drunk. So I've been told.

birdwells1

Reaction score

No it's not, if the GM wasn't the owner then the owner would demand that he be present when the first week of free agency. Jerry's the one with the tag of General Manager and he wants everyone to know, this is partly why he's not respected for his football knowledge. He doesn't like the grind, he likes all the flashy things, being in front of the camera, calling the first round draft picks, doing interviews. This is where GMs make their money and save their jobs, problem is that this GM has lots of money and job security until he says he's done.

birdwells1

Reaction score
umm. during this next season they moved on from romo in the middle of the season and it was garrett and jerry who made that decision before the pittsburgh game.

So how did this picture and this event stop them from doing what are you saying they hypothetically would not do?

Is Witten still on the team and Jerry didn't want Romo demoted, he wanted him to regain his starters position when he got back. A decision I agreed with.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Do you have a military background? I only ask because fraternization is a big deal in the military. Outside of the military I haven't seen it stressed as much.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Is Witten still on the team and Jerry didn't want Romo demoted, he wanted him to regain his starters position when he got back. A decision I agreed with.

You think Witten is on the team because he went to a family event with the owner?

Do you think this is little league?

Haimerej

Reaction score
No it's not, if the GM wasn't the owner then the owner would demand that he be present when the first week of free agency. Jerry's the one with the tag of General Manager and he wants everyone to know, this is partly why he's not respected for his football knowledge. He doesn't like the grind, he likes all the flashy things, being in front of the camera, calling the first round draft picks, doing interviews. This is where GMs make their money and save their jobs, problem is that this GM has lots of money and job security until he says he's done.

Any GM that's not prepared this time of year is a bad GM. If they're surprised by who's available and what they want, they failed long before free agency started.

Let me ask- what advantage does he gain by being at the Star?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Buddy, 90% of this board was not a supporter of Jerry and Jason at this point last year

Were people hopeful that we might be a reasonably good team? Sure

When cowboys sign/ draft some players I'll talk about them and hope they do well and when the season starts I'll still watch the games hoping by some miracle the team is able to overcome the idiocy of Jerry and Garrett but ....

That is not the same thing as thinking they're doing a great job
be honest man. C'mon. It ok to like Jerrah from time to time.

Pants

Reaction score
the jones family wouldn't make moves if they were in dallas or on the moon, so they might as well have a little "down" time...the camera sheds time so Jones has to get all refreshed before getting back in front of the media before he hosts the draft

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Man this is a slap in the face to the fans. Why should we care? They aren’t taking it serious
This season has 8-8 written all over it.
I would feel sadness, but here is the anger thing: the fan lives and breathes Cowboys. The Jones family lives and breathes money. 8-8? No big deal. The family still makes money.
I am almost to the point of chucking it all in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Visionary..I agree with you on here almost 99% of the time..but I guess we see things differently on this one,and that's ok. No biggie.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the jones family wouldn't make moves if they were in dallas or on the moon, so they might as well have a little "down" time...the camera sheds time so Jones has to get all refreshed before getting back in front of the media before he hosts the draft
Jerry has to shed is lizard skin lol...