Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why can't he do it in the Bahamas?

He hasn’t done the job well enough from his office. We are to believe he can do it well enough from the Bahamas?

Its the principle. Most people would like to think a GM would be working his butt off during a key time of the year, to improve the team. Being in the Bahamas does not relay that message.

visionary

Reaction score
You make it sound like they are just out there, disconnected from the world. Do you really think he doesn't have a laptop and phone with him?

Weeks ago they identified players they were interested in. I'm sure they have reached out to all the agents and let them know. If a guy they liked is still available, then it just comes down to money.

You can pretty much say "it's a deal" from anywhere in the world.

And no, I would not fire an employee for going to a wedding.

The naïveté in your post explains a lot

Haimerej

Reaction score
This is why we can't win, just no standards at all. We haven't been to the NFC Championship game since the 1995 and fans are just fine with the only GM in the league to go on vacation during free agency period.

Lol

I thought they couldn't win because they score less than their opponent. If the petulant whining of fans with higher standards mattered this team would never lose.

Haimerej

Reaction score
He hasn’t done the job well enough from his office. We are to believe he can do it well enough from the Bahamas?

Its the principle. Most people would like to think a GM would be working his butt off during a key time of the year, to improve the team. Being in the Bahamas does not relay that message.

How do you define working your butt off as a GM?

visionary

Reaction score
Can I make an observation and a good point? We are all guilty of doing this,its why we are "fanatics" ...but wasn't it just a year and a half ago when we were singing the praises of one Jerry Jones and family/Will McClay included? Linehan and JG could do no wrong..remember? It was the 2016 season and most of us here were simply amazed at the job the staff did coaching up Dak after being thrusted into a position he never thought would occur that fast. Now fast forward to now...we can't wait to throw the baby out with the bathwater!! Another words...apparently,McClay,Jerry,Stevie and company all forgot how to run a franchise in the offseason...lol..now we are kickin dirt on JJ for taking a couple days off with his family for a wedding!! lol..it doesn't get any better. For all the negative junk Jerry does that gets under my skin..I don't think he forgot how to get things done for the betterment of the product on the field...and I don't think Garrett is a crap coach..nor is Linehan.I just wanted to point out this is hoiw we been doing our business in the offseason...even after a highly successful run...Guess my point is,lets all back down from the ledge and realize we may be the most stable franchise in this division outside of Philly right now. I am a die hard fan since Roger the Dodger was here...and while I'm befuzzled about the lack of movement in FA,I'm not throwing in the towel by any measure. In fact,I think we should have solice because it seems we are steadfast and have a plan. Until they prove otherwise,Im gonna trust the staff etc.The next couple days may be interesting. Finally,the one coach I would put on the hotseat is Linehan..his play calling last year down the stretch was puzzling...but anyway guys...its march for Gods sake...relax and enjoy the ride. GO COWBOYS.

Anyone who was blind enough to "sing the praises" of Jerry or Garrett a year ago was an idiot

BlindFaith

Reaction score

What's he supposed to be doing to work his butt off? Maybe he has been working his butt off since the season ended.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I don't care if they are or not. You're so concerned. You find out who is or isn't on vacation, or at a wedding, or out of town on other business.

So if Stephen was at a funeral in Wisconsin would it be different? Or based on your vast research, are most people at funerals drunk too?
I don't do personal insults, so if that's what you are seeking find someone else. I think the majority of people will on this board will agree with me that this FO shouldn't be on vacation and that the majority of people on vacation are intoxicated. have a good day

Haimerej

Reaction score
What's he supposed to be doing to work his butt off? Maybe he has been working his butt off since the season ended.

It's as if they think it's hard work knowing how much salary cap space you have, what your team needs are, and to whom you'd like to make an offer. The GM has to be tied to a desk for 8 hours because... those things change?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
what exactly do you mean by done with them?

I’m done giving them the benefit of the doubt on anything. Jerry wants to win more then any of us? Lol probably half of this board payed more attention to free agency then the Jones’s on vacation.

These clowns are taking vacation during the first week of free agency.

What GM would do that?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I’m done giving them the benefit of the doubt on anything.

These clowns are taking vacation during the first week of free agency.

What GM would do that?
I couldn't agree with you more, I thought you were turning in your fan card.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Good.

I vote they move to wherever the vacation was and stay there permanently.
Why are you a fan of this team then? Any of you?

No one is making you come in here. Is it that you just, what, want to be associated someway with the most popular team in the NFL?

I know most fans don't think like you. Most fans aren't on a message board whining. But the ones who are... if things are soooo bad, then why not just leave?

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don't do personal insults, so if that's what you are seeking find someone else. I think the majority of people will on this board will agree with me that this FO shouldn't be on vacation and that the majority of people on vacation are intoxicated. have a good day

Argumentum ad populum

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Why are you a fan of this team then? Any of you?

No one is making you come in here. Is it that you just, what, want to be associated someway with the most popular team in the NFL?

I know most fans don't think like you. Most fans aren't on a message board winning. But the ones who are... if things are soooo bad, then why not just leave?

why am I a fan? This is your question?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Romo really chiseled his way in to the family portrait.

DYftNjwUMAAxUgQ.jpg:large

Pretty impressive.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
You can't "educate" delusion (look it up)

If you don't know who the Joneses are and their priorities by now I won't waste my time and energy trying

I've been a fan of this team since 1977. I moved to Texas because of this team. I know exactly what is or isn't. Get off your high and mighty horse. Sitting back on your couch proclaiming you know it all is beyond indignant, it's laughable.

I think Jerry made plenty of mistakes. But I think they have made great strides over the last few years. I still don't agree with all the decisions, but I can at least see why they are doing it. That was not always the case.