Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The

There really is no bright side. You are the GM, who likes to make all the decisions, of a billion dollar business, and you decide to party in the Bahamas instead of do your job. I would have changed the wedding date in a heart beat. Jerry could have paid for the wedding to have it changed.

Again, have you ever seen mean tweets?

Rayman70

Reaction score
This will take some heat,but Will McClay is clearly making the final decisions on players. Yes JJ has veto power..but its been this way since about 2013-14. You don't sign a guy like McClay to a huge deal and so on,and not give him a ton of wiggle room and powers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To be clear,I think we need to act on a couple key free agents to add into the mix with the youngsters.I would like Ron Parker and Derrick Johnson. I have wavered on Thomas because I don't want to overpay for a guy who might not be around in 3 years. I rather have Parker...good player and wont break the bank.

birdwells1

Reaction score
What's embarrassing is fans crying because the General Manager of The Dallas Cowboys is at a family wedding during Spring Break as if they don't have technology to work remotely even though plenty of normal people work remotely every day (I do) and have access to a private plane that can have them back in Dallas in 3 hours.

I fixed that for you.:)

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Don't you listen to Stephen. They don't like to do that any longer as you have to pay average or marginal players like they were superstars. You need to spend your
energy studying for the draft because that is not the Cowboys playpen.
You have to be able to use FA and the draft to be successful in the NFL, everyone knows this except Jerry, his boy and his last 3-4 defenders.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You have to be able to use FA and the draft to be successful in the NFL, everyone knows this except Jerry, his boy and his last 3-4 defenders.

It is virtually impossible to buy a championship team without free agents. I know that the teams in the super bowl or better yet all 4 teams in the championship games got major contributions from free agents.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When people give Jerry credit for what the Cowboys are I tell them: THE COWBOYS WERE THE MOST POPULAR SHOW IN ALL OF TELEVISION PRIOR TO JERRY. He just found a way to milk it for all it's worth.
Dallas sucked prior.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Dallas sucked prior.

Yeah but the popularity has always been there even in the down years, just like it is now. They were the most popular sports team in North America in the 70s, 80s, 90s and still are today.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah but the popularity has always been there even in the down years, just like it is now. They were the most popular sports team in North America in the 70s, 80s, 90s and still are today.
We're some nutty fans

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Y'all are killing me. Like technology doesn't allow communication these days. They didn't take a trip to mars. Y'all know that you can talk to people on the other side of the world these days live. Even video stream and see each other.
The GM needs to be in his War room taking phone call for possible trades, negotiating for possible free agents, bringing in possible free agents, etc. etc. etc. There is a reason we are the only idiots with our GM on vacation.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We're some nutty fans
Yes we are and the Jones know it, that's why they focus on generating revenue for the family because the Cowboys are the golden goose, I mean they don't even have to try hard to make money. They focus on the things that they can control which is generating revenue they have an advantage over the rest of the league so that's where they get their sense of victory, when they look at their bottom line they feel like winners. We fans get that sense from results on the field other owners and gms get that from the results on the field so that their motivation. I always said that I would give the Jones' credit if they had bought the Jaguars and made them into the number 1 television draw and merchandise seller but I could have done this with the Cowboys.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
And which players (and contracts) would you have signed?
Are you serious? Sheldon Richardson as our starting 1 tech. would be a huge upgrade and Honey Badger would be the play making safety we have been looking for. Both reasonably priced

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The

There really is no bright side. You are the GM, who likes to make all the decisions, of a billion dollar business, and you decide to party in the Bahamas instead of do your job. I would have changed the wedding date in a heart beat. Jerry could have paid for the wedding to have it changed.
So rather than take your phone and conduct any critical business through the actual de facto GM you pay GM money to, you'd have forced 10-12 grandchildren out of school?
Stop lying to yourself.