Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

birdwells1

Reaction score
So rather than take your phone and conduct any critical business through the actual de facto GM you pay GM money to, you'd have forced 10-12 grandchildren out of school?
Stop lying to yourself.

Is Jerry the only GM with grandkids in school?

birdwells1

Reaction score
OK you like those guys... I wouldn't have signed either.

Well you're going to get what you want, we won't sign anyone but there's no last place schedule and high draft pick to bounce back this year. We'll be lucky to go 8-8 this year. Shoot really Dez should've asked for his release, this team ain't going nowhere.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Good to see all 4 sons in that Jones family photo from the Bahamas: Stephen, Jerry Jr, Tony, and Jason.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
If they did them they'd have ex in front of their title. If you were a team owner and your GM took vacation right in the middle of free agency, you wouldn't fire them?
You make it sound like they are just out there, disconnected from the world. Do you really think he doesn't have a laptop and phone with him?

Weeks ago they identified players they were interested in. I'm sure they have reached out to all the agents and let them know. If a guy they liked is still available, then it just comes down to money.

You can pretty much say "it's a deal" from anywhere in the world.

And no, I would not fire an employee for going to a wedding.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You make it sound like they are just out there, disconnected from the world. Do you really think he doesn't have a laptop and phone with him?

Weeks ago they identified players they were interested in. I'm sure they have reached out to all the agents and let them know. If a guy they liked is still available, then it just comes down to money.

You can pretty much say "it's a deal" from anywhere in the world.

And no, I would not fire an employee for going to a wedding.

So you are saying that you wouldn't fire your General Manager that took vacation or went to a wedding during the peak of Free Agency?

That fact that someone planned this trip with the thought of "hey this is right in the middle of free agency" and said so what.

Haimerej

Reaction score
So you are saying that you wouldn't fire your General Manager that took vacation or went to a wedding during the peak of Free Agency?

Most successful people take vacations in name only. Technology these days is pretty freeing. You should look into it. They've got these devices now that are like computers in your pocket. Pretty neat stuff.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Most successful people take vacations in name only. Technology these days is pretty freeing. You should look into it. They've got these devices now that are like computers in your pocket. Pretty neat stuff.
yea and the majority of people that take vacation are probably intoxicated the whole time too.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
No. This isn't 1970.

I work on a daily basis with people across the world. I am rarely ever in the office. My directors are rarely in the office.

Would I allow him to not be available? No. But he is absolutely connected to whoever he needs to be.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You would have to think that they ran the date by old jerrah, he would know the date that FA starts, but since we are not active till week 3 he knew he was safe to go.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
yea and the majority of people that take vacation are probably intoxicated the whole time too.
The majority of people also are not the GM of an NFL team and are not the owners of an NFL team.

You really think they are just over there, drunk every waking hour? lol Just because you would be doesn't mean everyone would be. Sounds like you may have a drinking problem. That or you're in your 20s.

birdwells1

Reaction score
No. This isn't 1970.

I work on a daily basis with people across the world. I am rarely ever in the office. My directors are rarely in the office.

Would I allow him to not be available? No. But he is absolutely connected to whoever he needs to be.

Ok you win, during the draft the Jones clan should pack up and go to Jamaica seeing that location doesn't matter.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
The majority of people also are not the GM of an NFL team and are not the owners of an NFL team.

You really think they are just over there, drunk every waking hour? lol Just because you would be doesn't mean everyone would be. Sounds like you may have a drinking problem. That or you're in your 20s.
Is that you Spags?