Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Are you serious? Sheldon Richardson as our starting 1 tech. would be a huge upgrade and Honey Badger would be the play making safety we have been looking for. Both reasonably priced
bro.... Sheldon Richardson is a 3T(and a really good one!). Not a 1T. HB is a box safety and slot cover guy.
I'd have loved to sign Richardson as the 3T but that means moving DI or truly hoping he gets an offer that returns the R2 pick.
HB just did';t fit the scheme here given the young guys we have.
That's why he only cost Houston 7m. He is a limited scheme fit.
Earl Thomas, he is not.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Owner, President, General Manager

As long as Jerry holds those 3 titles he controls whatever he wants to control.

Well when we see another "Roy Williams" kinda trade & signing, then I'll be convinced that Jerry is making all the decisions with no input and without a longterm view of the organization.

LittleD

Reaction score
You have to be able to use FA and the draft to be successful in the NFL, everyone knows this except Jerry, his boy and his last 3-4 defenders.

Okay, do a little research! Out of the top 20 FA from last season who were paid massive money, how many of them made the pro bowl or all pro last season? Now provide the board with the statistical
percentage of success. Using FA is not a success factor in the NFL. If you want to be thorough, just do the same analysis for the last 3 seasons and tell us the success statistics.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
They will scour through your rejects and unearth the gems. They're the Dallas Cowboys. Their track record speaks for itself.
You do know that FA is not the only way to get players, right?

Even setting aside the draft, there is still training camp and cut downs. Teams will draft new players and existing players will get cut or traded.

And what really do we have as must fill positions? Guard and safety? You could add in MLB unless you think Smith will be improved. Swing tackle?

At guard, we could keep Cooper and see what Kadeem Edward's has. We brought him up to the 53 at the end of the year. And we can easily enough to draft one.

Safety is our biggest need. Getting one in the first two rounds is critical. Frazier is improving. Woods showed he can play. Heath is adequate. We brought in a couple other guys that we need to see.

MLB - I am putting a lot of stock in Smith making a big jump. I think he will. I certainly could be wrong. Lee, Smith and Wilson are an above average group if Smith steps up and Lee stays healthy. We will most certainly look to the draft here as well.

So what else is must have? That really depends on Witten and Dez. If both are gone, then replacements will be needed. Keep an eye on Jarvis. He is very athletic. Just needs to bulk up and get stronger. Swaim is adequate. Then we have the wild card in Rico.

Dez is really the mystery here. A straight up trade for Thomas would be great. But I doubt it happens. I still see him getting cut. That would obviously make WR a priority as well.

I would also look to trade Beasley.

If we do cut Dez, I'd be interested in Wallace for a two year deal. I also think Noah Brown has a little something. He is still very raw.

So if we dump Dez, I see Safety, WR, LB, Guard as our pressing needs. We have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds.

The "fans" being the most vocal have no idea on how to run a team. I'm actually encouraged by the outrage. It most likely means we are finally doing things the right way.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Y'all are killing me. Like technology doesn't allow communication these days. They didn't take a trip to mars. Y'all know that you can talk to people on the other side of the world these days live. Even video stream and see each other.
startrektheoriginalseriesinthetransportertumblr_lnfmzzb74o1qboo5qo1_500.gif

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We have been this way for several years now being non active in FA, still dont remember a SB appearance recently.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
McClay has to be making a fortune. or else i dont understand how he sticks around when ur GM/boss leaves during FA on vaca lol

BlindFaith

Reaction score
The GM needs to be in his War room taking phone call for possible trades, negotiating for possible free agents, bringing in possible free agents, etc. etc. etc. There is a reason we are the only idiots with our GM on vacation.
And you know for a fact that every other GM is locked up in a "war room"?

And what does this war room have that say a room with a beautiful view of an ocean doesn't? Some AI super computer?