Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

CowboyChris

Reaction score
The majority of people also are not the GM of an NFL team and are not the owners of an NFL team.

You really think they are just over there, drunk every waking hour? lol Just because you would be doesn't mean everyone would be. Sounds like you may have a drinking problem. That or you're in your 20s.
name another GM of a team thats on vacation at the start of free agency, and I personally don't drink, but keep swinging....oh as for my age just click on my name.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Can I make an observation and a good point? We are all guilty of doing this,its why we are "fanatics" ...but wasn't it just a year and a half ago when we were singing the praises of one Jerry Jones and family/Will McClay included? Linehan and JG could do no wrong..remember? It was the 2016 season and most of us here were simply amazed at the job the staff did coaching up Dak after being thrusted into a position he never thought would occur that fast. Now fast forward to now...we can't wait to throw the baby out with the bathwater!! Another words...apparently,McClay,Jerry,Stevie and company all forgot how to run a franchise in the offseason...lol..now we are kickin dirt on JJ for taking a couple days off with his family for a wedding!! lol..it doesn't get any better. For all the negative junk Jerry does that gets under my skin..I don't think he forgot how to get things done for the betterment of the product on the field...and I don't think Garrett is a crap coach..nor is Linehan.I just wanted to point out this is hoiw we been doing our business in the offseason...even after a highly successful run...Guess my point is,lets all back down from the ledge and realize we may be the most stable franchise in this division outside of Philly right now. I am a die hard fan since Roger the Dodger was here...and while I'm befuzzled about the lack of movement in FA,I'm not throwing in the towel by any measure. In fact,I think we should have solice because it seems we are steadfast and have a plan. Until they prove otherwise,Im gonna trust the staff etc.The next couple days may be interesting. Finally,the one coach I would put on the hotseat is Linehan..his play calling last year down the stretch was puzzling...but anyway guys...its march for Gods sake...relax and enjoy the ride. GO COWBOYS.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Is Jerry the only GM with grandkids in school?
Do you know where any other owner is right now?

You are posting complete idiocy.

Jerry is an 80 year old man, you think he's out scuba diving off the coast?

And it's a family wedding, not exactly a vacation Jerry planned.

Cry some more though, let it all out.
Poor you had to suffer through a mere 22-10 the last two seasons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I like how these guys talk about suffering for 20 plus years lol...please. This ain't suffering.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is that you Spags?
Don't get me going on Spags. He comes from the journalism school of thought that you should never disagree with the guy who cuts your paychecks...lol..I am being kind. The guy is a buffoon and an enabler. Likes to hear hisself talk in circles while never really answering a thing honestly.

birdwells1

Reaction score

I don't care where the other owners are I don't care where the Cowboys owner is, I just care where the Cowboys General Manager is during the time where GMs do most of there work.

Neither one of those 2 seasons you combined were a success, number one seed losing at home in the first game of the playoff and last season not even making the playoffs. Matter of fact I see why you're defending Jerry, you thought that the last two years were successful.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Ok you win, during the draft the Jones clan should pack up and go to Jamaica seeing that location doesn't matter.
Stop being a child about this.

The first week of GA is hardly the same as the draft. sheesh, you guys are waaay over the top.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
What, you guys think the Jones family doesn't have long distance service on their at&t plan? If y'all really think they aren't making and taking phone calls during this trip, you're crazy. All free agency is is talking on the phone. You can do that from the Bahamas as easily as you can from an office in Texas.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You complete dolts do realize this is spring break and the Jones family has kids in school right?

This time likely was what had to be done for family at large.

You do realize that kids have off all summer from school too right?

Either way it’s no excuse. If Jerry doesn’t want to do the job, then he should hire a real GM. Nobody would bring up or care about the owner being on vacation if there was a REAL GM and a real team president running things.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Can I make an observation and a good point? We are all guilty of doing this,its why we are "fanatics" ...but wasn't it just a year and a half ago when we were singing the praises of one Jerry Jones and family/Will McClay included? Linehan and JG could do no wrong..remember? It was the 2016 season and most of us here were simply amazed at the job the staff did coaching up Dak after being thrusted into a position he never thought would occur that fast. Now fast forward to now...we can't wait to throw the baby out with the bathwater!! Another words...apparently,McClay,Jerry,Stevie and company all forgot how to run a franchise in the offseason...lol..now we are kickin dirt on JJ for taking a couple days off with his family for a wedding!! lol..it doesn't get any better. For all the negative junk Jerry does that gets under my skin..I don't think he forgot how to get things done for the betterment of the product on the field...and I don't think Garrett is a crap coach..nor is Linehan.I just wanted to point out this is hoiw we been doing our business in the offseason...even after a highly successful run...Guess my point is,lets all back down from the ledge and realize we may be the most stable franchise in this division outside of Philly right now. I am a die hard fan since Roger the Dodger was here...and while I'm befuzzled about the lack of movement in FA,I'm not throwing in the towel by any measure. In fact,I think we should have solice because it seems we are steadfast and have a plan. Until they prove otherwise,Im gonna trust the staff etc.The next couple days may be interesting. Finally,the one coach I would put on the hotseat is Linehan..his play calling last year down the stretch was puzzling...but anyway guys...its march for Gods sake...relax and enjoy the ride. GO COWBOYS.

Now you're just trolling right?

birdwells1

Reaction score
As long as they still have a phone, who cares where they draft from?

This is why we can't win, just no standards at all. We haven't been to the NFC Championship game since the 1995 and fans are just fine with the only GM in the league to go on vacation during free agency period.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
name another GM of a team thats on vacation at the start of free agency, and I personally don't drink, but keep swinging....oh as for my age just click on my name.
I don't care if they are or not. You're so concerned. You find out who is or isn't on vacation, or at a wedding, or out of town on other business.

So if Stephen was at a funeral in Wisconsin would it be different? Or based on your vast research, are most people at funerals drunk too?

Haimerej

Reaction score
You do realize that kids have off all summer from school too right?

Either way it’s no excuse. If Jerry doesn’t want to do the job, then he should hire a real GM. Nobody would bring up or care about the owner being on vacation if there was a REAL GM and a real team president running things.

Why can't he do it in the Bahamas?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
all they are worried about is the big draft show where they will get all kinds of face time other teams fans and players will really have a blast with this so will the players