The Lance Era begins today

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Not everyone succeeds on their first team. I'd go ahead and list them but it's already been done and not sure it would be worth the time.
He certainly hasn’t gotten much playing time and maybe he’ll develop. I’m just not expecting it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The Cowboys play their first preseason game today against the Rams. Trey Lance is expected to get the majority of the QB snaps. It’ll be the first time seeing him in a game since Dallas traded a fourth-round pick for him last August.

Lance: “I’m just looking forward to playing ball again. I’m going in this game the same as I’ve gone into every game my whole entire life, college, high school, whatever. I don’t put too much extra (pressure) into it. I’m going to play. It’s not like I’m going to play any harder than I have in the past or not as hard. It’s a big game for me, big game for us. I’m excited to go out and play well.”

Mike McCarthy: “I’m real excited to go compete with him. … Just like any young quarterback, particularly if you look at his flight here, as much drop-back passing opportunities that I can give him I think will be a benefit. … He doesn’t cut any corners. He has a great work ethic. Just like anything, you want to see one of your guys go have some success, because he’s definitely put the work in.”

The era may be ending.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s bizarre how many stake their entire existence here to hate on just 1 player. A player on the team they supposedly love. It’s an indication of some wires that got crossed at birth.
Do they think other fans, fans they call Dak fans, would root against a player outplaying Dak?

Did anyone root against Dak when he took over for crippled Tony? I just can’t imagine anyone that would have or did. It’s just so foreign from my fan hood that I don’t get it.

Like, for real, I don’t. The answer I have is that they are really stupid. I know that’s too simple and likely wrong, but I can’t think of another motivation that’s reasonable.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Trey Lance is polluted garbage. This shows why SF wanted to get rid of him for nothing. He is a fringe backup in this league, much less a starter. I can't name one team he would be able to start for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lance doesn’t look comfortable..

Typical young player.

He needs to play and play a lot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Trey Lance is polluted garbage. This shows why SF wanted to get rid of him for nothing. He is a fringe backup in this league, much less a starter. I can't name one team he would be able to start for.

For anyone not watching..

He’s not nearly as bad as this poster is acting and he’s not factoring in the lack of football this guy has played.

Lance will get more comfortable the more he plays.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

He’s not nearly as bad as this poster is acting and he’s not factoring in the lack of football this guy has played.

Lance is now in his 4th year in the league. He isn't some young rookie. If you can't make it at SF under the best system for spare QBs to prop up, you have no hope.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lance is now in his 4th year in the league. He isn't some young rookie. If you can't make it at SF under the best system for spare QBs to prop up, you have no hope.
They got rid of him because they wanted to move on with Purdy and didn’t want to deal with fans and media wanting to put Lance in when Purdy has a bad game.

If you noticed at all last year when Purdy played bad there was a ton of Lance regret.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Quite the era so far

Dude looks like a high school backup
Sunshine from Remember the Titan's real life son played at my HS (probably like 5-7 years ago) and he was a backup before he started and I just want to say he'd probably be pretty insulted if someone compared him to Trey Lance :laugh:

8FOR!3

Reaction score
They got rid of him because they wanted to move on with Purdy and didn’t want to deal with fans and media wanting to put Lance in when Purdy has a bad game.

If you noticed at all last year when Purdy played bad there was a ton of Lance regret.
Regret from the fans maybe. I think the 49er brass very much gave up on him. I'm not saying they portrayed it that way I just have that feeling.

Blackspider214

Reaction score

The lack of football he has played is for a reason, he isn't good. A team who gave up a ton to draft you in the top 5 and wants to get rid of you immediately, that tells me all I need to hear. He couldn't gain his job back from the very last pick of the draft. He isn't good. An FCS QB who can't read defenses got exposed. Leave it to Dallas to actually give up a decent draft pick. SF would have ended up cutting him and could have gotten him for free.