The Lance Era begins today

TWOK11

Reaction score
They got rid of him because they wanted to move on with Purdy and didn’t want to deal with fans and media wanting to put Lance in when Purdy has a bad game.

If you noticed at all last year when Purdy played bad there was a ton of Lance regret.
Nobody within the organization regretted anything. Behind closed doors Shanahan called him the worst QB he’s ever coached.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They got rid of him because they wanted to move on with Purdy and didn’t want to deal with fans and media wanting to put Lance in when Purdy has a bad game.

If you noticed at all last year when Purdy played bad there was a ton of Lance regret.
You don't give up on a top 5 pick after you gave up a ton of capital to get him if you have any hope. They saw him in game and in practice everyday. There is a reason why they didnt want him. He sucks.

Lance won't stick around here. He's on the level of DiNucci.

leeblair

Reaction score
For anyone not watching..

He’s not nearly as bad as this poster is acting and he’s not factoring in the lack of football this guy has played.

Lance will get more comfortable the more he plays.
Lance will eventually get in rhythm with the receivers if he gets playing time; that's not an issue.
He shows instincts Dak doesn't have, like the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball while being hit.
Whether or not he's able to be "the guy" remains to be seen.
But he's already better than Dak in areas that can't be taught.
Give him time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lance will eventually get in rhythm with the receivers if he gets playing time; that's not an issue.
He shows instincts Dak doesn't have, like the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball while being hit.
Give him time.

The things he’s not good at come with experience.

The dude needs to play football.

He barely played in college and has barely got to play in the NFL.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
he looks like a very good athlete that is very raw at playing QB. Which he is. Don't love the release. If they drafted him in the 4th rd, it would be fine. Obviously he'll have to be willing to take a QB3 contract to stay. He probably will as I don't see him getting more money elsewhere. The rage over the 4 is idiotic.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Lance is now in his 4th year in the league. He isn't some young rookie. If you can't make it at SF under the best system for spare QBs to prop up, you have no hope.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LancTr00.htm

Go to that link and tell me how many NFL games he has played in in his '4th year in the league'.

Why are you going to crap on a kid who has only played in 8 games in his 3 year career, mostly because of injuries he sustained the first 2 years? I'm thinking being injury prone is the real reason why the 9'ers traded him, but I'm just guessing.

Now to be totally honest, I'm not impressed with what I am seeing today, but give the kid more that 1 preseason game to show something. Are you forgetting today was his first live game snap since 2022?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You don't give up on a top 5 pick after you gave up a ton of capital to get him if you have any hope. They saw him in game and in practice everyday. There is a reason why they didnt want him. He sucks.

Great big athlete. Big arm. Not much of a QB.

erod

Reaction score
Every ball is behind the receiver or 10 feet over his head today.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Give him time.
Good lord, this is embarrassing.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The things he’s not good at come with experience.

The dude needs to play football.

He barely played in college and has barely got to play in the NFL.
Thank you Mr. “Andy Dalton can do what Dak does.”

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hopefully the Trey Lance error will end before September. He should be showing more juice against no name guys looking for work. He doesn't have it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. “Andy Dalton can do what Dak does.”
He had a better win % than Dak did that season and Cooper Rush is like 4-1 as our starter.

Also, Dak sucks in the post season so I hit the nail on the head.

You don’t need to pay big bucks to get the team to the same place Dak does.

Deal with it.

mfiggs18

Reaction score
He's thrown the ball 40 times and is below 200 yards good grief, at least he hasn't thrown 3 int like the georgia guy.
edit nevermind 4 int

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
He had a better win % than Dak did that season and Cooper Rush is like 4-1 as our starter.

Also, Dak sucks in the post season so I hit the nail on the head.

You don’t need to pay big bucks to get the team to the same place Dak does.

Deal with it.
Beuerlein had a better win % than Aikman in 1991.

But take your victory lap for Dalton’s 4-5 vs Dak’s 2-3 that year, I guess.

Big D

Reaction score

DiNucci is better than Lance.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Imagine being so delusional that you'd root for a practice squad guy over a top 5 NFL QB. Good god.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
When the D gives you 4 TOs and you can only put 12 on the board, It's on your QB.