Twitter: The Manster, Randy White, calls out all Garrett critics

Sydla

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Randy, the words and actions of Jerry and Stephen over the last week or so would indicate that they, themselves, might be thinking of exiting the Garrett Express at the next station.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Directions, during a financial crisis, was to break the recent line of history and connections with the old stadium location. Kind of why a rail yard was put into it's place. It wasn't directed at old players, and Manster personally.
Not according to him. Booger seems only interested in Cowboys history post 89.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not according to him. Booger seems only interested in Cowboys history post 89.
Naw, you're wrong here...

Jerry studied long and hard about the tradition of the Dallas Cowboys and knew well the traditions established under Fred Murchison and their entire legacy.

He took to heart, the pride as well as heart of the organization.

If you doubt this, pick up a volume of America's Team, by Jeff Sullivan, and do a little reading...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I watch other teams and I rarely see coaches giving instructions on the sidelines.
OCs and DCs, yes, but HCs seem to watch and talk into the headsets.
Unless they have a coordinator’s job, they don’t have a lot to do but make the 4th down calls, 1 or 2 point conversions and challenges.

They’re more cheerleader on game day and the clapping is done by the majority of coaches as a “c’mon let’s go!” And a lot of them do it after a bad play.

Most don’t like Garrett so his mannerisms will get called out. He can double the clapping if he’ll stop chewing gum, makes him look less butch.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This speech just shows what is wrong with Garrett and the organization. Being a coach isn’t just about being rah rah and getting guys to play hard. You have to game plan, be prepared to adjust, and be able to see situations arise on game day. Garrett doesn’t and never has. It’s really sad we will waste so many years because a guy is ”likable.” If Garrett had the personality of one of the Ryan boys and guys played hard he would have been fired years ago. But because he talks and acts like robot CEO, he’s easy for Jerry to prop up there

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This speech just shows what is wrong with Garrett and the organization. Being a coach isn’t just about being rah rah and getting guys to play hard. You have to game plan, be prepared to adjust, and be able to see situations arise on game day. Garrett doesn’t and never has. It’s really sad we will waste so many years because a guy is ”likable.” If Garrett had the personality of one of the Ryan boys and guys played hard he would have been fired years ago. But because he talks and acts like robot CEO, he’s easy for Jerry to prop up there

But thankfully for us, time is running out. They're all out of excuses if this thing doesn't get turned around this year.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
R. White appeared to be the kind of player that needed very little from his coaches. He was a self-motivated force of nature that brought everything he had on every single snap. So the very notion that any player needs a coach to "motivate" him to play is probably lost on "The Manster". Further, he played his entire professional career for a coach that was one of the most innovative, organized, dignified, and prepared in the history of the game. So, as a player, he never really saw anything that would approach long-term coaching dysfunction. Point being, he was a great player, a champion, and had the benefit of always playing for a legendary coach. I'm certainly not saying he's "wrong" but his comments should be taken with this perspective in mind.
Very well said.:thumbup:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Isn't that what most coach do... he has coordinators. ,
What else did Jimmy Johnson do besides motivate players
LOL... motivate you say, well let me remind you how Jimmy J ran HIS football team and "motivated" them. Anyone recall the game against Chicago, where an RB, don't recall his name, fumbled like 5 times... yeah, Jimmy had him fly himself back to D because he fired him on the field so to speak.... THAT'S motivating your players NOT to lose their frigging jobs. Clapper couldn't motivate a fly to eat S**T

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
I'm sure he watches at least as much football as anyone here as well. Combine his experience with that, and I'd say he's got a leg up on any of us.
Doesn't necessarily make him right, but he definitely has the advantage.

I certainly would not argue the issue with him nor anyone else of his standing. As the saying goes, he’s forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know (unless “any of us” happen to be Hall of Famers). Regardless, I still think his perspective is as someone who was part of a larger master plan that was put in place by smart, competent football people— i.e., all he had to do was go out and execute the plan, apply his immense talents accordingly, and good things would happen (which they did). Failure only happened because someone didn’t execute properly, not because the plan was bad. The main difference as compared to today: the plan feels massively flawed or even non-existent at times. That goes mostly to coaching and management, not players. Ergo, we blame Garrett because putting it on Mr. Jones is futile.

Personally, I think firing Garrett would do very little to change things if all Mr. Jones does is perform a sycophant swap. He was on the right track back when he hired Parcells but I guess Extreme Hubris is an incurable disease.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
That's BS you don't think Garrett made great game management decisions in 2016? How did we win 13 games you only give him credit for the ones you perceive bad but I never seen any of you give him credit for the ones that work typical fans
Umm. ok give ya the in season stuff... but not you nor anyone will convince me the clapping moron didn't BLOW it in our PO against Green Bay...and THOSE games are when it friggn matters the most. Garrett is a moron and a Jerrah Jones tool boy period. His whole tenure has been a disaster as a HC. And not a single one of you Garret fan bois can say even as a OC was he even close to decent at play calling. Romo was just good enough most times to counter act Garrett's DA play calling.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I certainly would not argue the issue with him nor anyone else of his standing. As the saying goes, he’s forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know (unless “any of us” happen to be Hall of Famers). Regardless, I still think his perspective is as someone who was part of a larger master plan that was put in place by smart, competent football people— i.e., all he had to do was go out and execute the plan, apply his immense talents accordingly, and good things would happen (which they did). Failure only happened because someone didn’t execute properly, not because the plan was bad. The main difference as compared to today: the plan feels massively flawed or even non-existent at times. That goes mostly to coaching and management, not players. Ergo, we blame Garrett because putting it on Mr. Jones is futile.

Personally, I think firing Garrett would do very little to change things if all Mr. Jones does is perform a sycophant swap. He was on the right track back when he hired Parcells but I guess Extreme Hubris is an incurable disease.
Food for thought: Landry's 2 QB experiment. He was a great coach, but he wasn't perfect.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
LOL... motivate you say, well let me remind you how Jimmy J ran HIS football team and "motivated" them. Anyone recall the game against Chicago, where an RB, don't recall his name, fumbled like 5 times... yeah, Jimmy had him fly himself back to D because he fired him on the field so to speak.... THAT'S motivating your players NOT to lose their frigging jobs. Clapper couldn't motivate a fly to eat S**T

It was Curvin Richards...
And it was 2 fumbles.... And they flew him home and cut him the following day..... :grin:

but, yes, the general point of your post is salient. Key difference is--even Jimmy admitted he handled top players differently from scrubs
Richards was a backup and therefore expendable. Jimmy cut him to send a message.

Had Emmitt fumbled twice, he'd have gotten his butt chewed but no way they'd have cut him. Jimmy knew when/how to scare people. that was his style and it worked for him.

Garrett isn't Jimmy. We agree on that.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'm indifferent to degrees of risk taking. Conservative is fine if that's the play for a win.

My criticism of Garrett is that he doesn't maximize our chance to win. He routinely wastes time that we could use to get a score, and then leaves time to the opposition to score in reply.

He plays poorly. He costs us games.

If you're being honest,
So when the players are having a bad game the coach is a timid coach? Can't have aggressive play calls because they failed to execute earlier in the game and got some penalties? I can't believe we just cracked the code for Garrett's halftime adjustments. And to top it off it was from one of few fans willing to defend him. We know Garrett coach's not to lose instead of coaching to win. And that is just about what you described there.

No, it's not bad coaching to know you're teams capabilities both good and bad. Bad coaching is not creating a game plan that puts the team in position to utilize their strengths individually as a player and collectively as a team. And no, you're correct again't there's probably no amount of coaching that can stop penalties. They happen to even the best occasionally at the worst times. Bad coaching is letting a penalty change the way he's managing the game to the effect of not being aggressive when the game is on the line because it might just happen again. Well congratulations Coach you just mentaly neutered yourself. No wonder he can't manage the clock. His brain went numb and lost feeling for the game.

The gameplan went out of the window in the first half, so whether it started out good or bad, it wasn't executed well. Late in the game you coach based on what your team showed they can and cannot do throughout the game, in the game vs Washington, they showed they couldn't consistently sustain drives without shooting themselves in the foot.

Dre11

Reaction score

A scrub?...lol you don't even know his name. He did that without any salary cap implications,he wouldn't do it in today's NFL, yet he allowed Micheal Irving to do anything under the sun including cutting a teammate...lol

Dre11

Reaction score
Umm. ok give ya the in season stuff... but not you nor anyone will convince me the clapping moron didn't BLOW it in our PO against Green Bay...and THOSE games are when it friggn matters the most. Garrett is a moron and a Jerrah Jones tool boy period. His whole tenure has been a disaster as a HC. And not a single one of you Garret fan bois can say even as a OC was he even close to decent at play calling. Romo was just good enough most times to counter act Garrett's DA play calling.

What did he blow in the playoffs? A rookie qb starting in one of the biggest games of his life started slow? Or having faith in a defense to get a stop with little time left?

Big_D

Reaction score
Maybe Randy isn't actually watching the end of games when Garrett's punting from the opponents 42 in OT or staying put at the 31 with a minute left while playing for the tie. lol These are just a few examples from a very large pool of poor coaching decisions that cost them games.

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
You're too easy, you haven't made a point yet.
You act like you have LMAO. Calling everyone haters. Claiming a former NFL player-coach Etc cannot think for themselves. And claiming that even if they do it's only for Ratings is absolutely childish. I'm done responding to you. You are a waste of breath

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Unless they have a coordinator’s job, they don’t have a lot to do but make the 4th down calls, 1 or 2 point conversions and challenges.

They’re more cheerleader on game day and the clapping is done by the majority of coaches as a “c’mon let’s go!” And a lot of them do it after a bad play.

Most don’t like Garrett so his mannerisms will get called out. He can double the clapping if he’ll stop chewing gum, makes him look less butch.

Really? Alot of head coaches are just cheerleaders on game day?

Lol so dumb.