The many Romo offers have started coming in ****MERGED ***

rambo2

Reaction score
If it was you, would you?you know you'll be hated and ridiculed by that team's fan base faithful ,whom by the way you've did your level best your entire playing career to stick them and their team's noses in the corner?
No you wouldn't, you'd want to start out on a level playing field or better yet in command of the higher ground that better teams than those loser feather heads occupy.
The fan base should love him.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Commanders just tagged Cousins
Will this be the 2nd or 3rd time he's franchise tagged? I don't think he's happy there and he's not that great of a q.b. to be wanting the top q.b. contract,,, he's a douchebag.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
The fan base should love him.
They don't ,go fishing in one of the other romo/Commanders threads on this forum ,somebody posted a link to the extreme skins board,,, talk about people having a conniption melt down tizzy fit,, I read all 7or 8 pages.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Will this be the 2nd or 3rd time he's franchise tagged? I don't think he's happy there and he's not that great of a q.b. to be wanting the top q.b. contract,,, he's a douchebag.

This will be the second time he's franchised. Cousins wasn't bad this past season passing for almost 5000 yards and had a passer rating of 97.2. He's not worth $24M on the franchise tag but he's healthy and only 28 years old. Can't possibly see why Washington would want to replace him with an aging, injury prone Romo as part of a trade. Can't see Commander fans happy about bringing Romo in who had one of the worst games of his career against Washington in the 2012 season finale that had the NFC East on the line.

That game had many Cowboy fans wanted to move on from Romo. Like I posted earlier it would take a Walker type trade for the Cowboys to trade him to Washington. The only way parting ways with Romo could come back on us is having to face him twice a year within the division.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
This will be the second time he's franchised. Cousins wasn't bad this past season passing for almost 5000 yards and had a passer rating of 97.2. He's not worth $24M on the franchise tag but he's healthy and only 28 years old. Can't possibly see why Washington would want to replace him with an aging, injury prone Romo as part of a trade. Can't see Commander fans happy about bringing Romo in who had one of the worst games of his career against Washington in the 2012 season finale that had the NFC East on the line.

That game had many Cowboy fans wanted to move on from Romo. Like I posted earlier it would take a Walker type trade for the Cowboys to trade him to Washington. The only way parting ways with Romo could come back on us is having to face him twice a year within the division.

Thanks

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Washington offers the most for Tony.... You trade Tony to Washington.

Depends on how much more. If it's not much more than what someone offers to get him out of the division or even conference, you take that trade.

lostar2009

Reaction score
This is BS. JJ Will never trade a quality player like Romo to the division. If this us true I would retire if I'm Romo. The Commanders and Oakland is where careers go to die.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It would have to be a Walker type trade because if Romo could stay healthy he would torch our defense next season unless we find a pass rush and we would have a tough time getting past the Commanders in 2017. Romo could put them over the top if he could stay on the field and they can keep their receiving corp together. The LAST thing Jerry wants to do is to trade Romo to a division rival and have it bite him in the ***. Trading Romo to Washington could end up being the worst move Jerry ever made if it led to us sitting home next season and Washington ending up in the SB. When you look at the possible ramifications of making a move like, it's going to take the farm for Jerry to pull the trigger on that trade.

LittleD

Reaction score

You dislike Tony so much I don't doubt that you would trade him if you were the Cowboys GM. Trouble is Jerry is the GM and he's not trading
Tony to Washington now or ever.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
It frightens me that people are buying into these Bat Boy headlines.

Not only is Bat Boy involved in one trade, but maybe another.

lead_large.jpg
Solid gold.

Cowboy89

Reaction score
How is he just as good?

Romo ( 37 as of 17 opener)
2014: 3,709/34/9. Romo 2015: 884/5/7. Missed 28 of last 32 games. Injury risk: High

Cousins ( 29 as of 17 opener)
2015: 4,166/29/11. 16: 4,917/25/12.
Started last 32 games. Injury risk: Low.

On the surface looking purely at stats, Romo is an upgrade over Cousins. Unfortunately injuries & age can't be discounted.

I'll admit " Just as good" was a bit of a stretch statement.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Commanders have shown the willingness to go after an aging QB when they gave up a 2nd round pick for McNabb in 2010. At that time Washington was desperate for a QB and Philly was willing to take the chance of making that trade within the division because of the compensation and McNabb's skills had declined. I just can't see a move like this happening, because Washington doesn't have a bad QB situation and Romo isn't a long-term answer. Cousins is a productive QB passing for almost 5000 yards in 2016 and is only a step or two away from being one of the better QBs in the league. He hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
You dislike Tony so much I don't doubt that you would trade him if you were the Cowboys GM. Trouble is Jerry is the GM and he's not trading

In reality, Washington isn't trading for Romo. But if they were and they offered the clearest, best package for Romo, you make the trade. Only a fool takes less of a return for Romo.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo ( 37 as of 17 opener)
2014: 3,709/34/9. Romo 2015: 884/5/7. Missed 28 of last 32 games. Injury risk: High

Cousins ( 29 as of 17 opener)
2015: 4,166/29/11. 16: 4,917/25/12.
Started last 32 games. Injury risk: Low.

On the surface looking purely at stats, Romo is an upgrade over Cousins. Unfortunately injuries & age can't be discounted.

I'll admit " Just as good" was a bit of a stretch statement.
Just to play along with this fake story...cause I'm bored....

the main compensation is the high 1st round pick (and maybe more) that Washington also gets for the QB that SF gets. Not Romo.

• Washington: is not 100% sold on Cousins (nor he on them) and may lose him anyway. They want big compensation

• SF: Shanny2 in SF needs a QB, has high picks, and like Cousins

• Dallas: would like to let Romo walk with a clean honorable break, take the cap savings, and move forward. But if they can get compensation by a team he would actually play for...better yet.

Romo is the the throw in part of this 3-way. Not sure he'd even agree to play there anyway...but just saying its not remotely Cousins for Romo straight up.
The Skins get great compensation for a probably departing Cousins while also possibly getting a real QB for a year or two until they find a future guy. Thats why theyd do it.

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I dislike Tony so much that I was the one pounding the table he should have gotten his starting job back last year, I was the one who was adamant he should have been league MVP in 2014 and I have argued for years he was a top 5 qb in this league.

Tony is one of my all time favorite athletes not just football player.

Please check your facts before you say this type of nonsense to me.

LittleD

Reaction score
In reality, Washington isn't trading for Romo. But if they were and they offered the clearest, best package for Romo, you make the trade. Only a fool takes less of a return for Romo.

I'm quite sure you and several others on this board have called Jerry much worse. Secret...he could care less what you call him as he's the owner.

LittleD

Reaction score
I dislike Tony so much that I was the one pounding the table he should have gotten his starting job back last year, I was the one who was adamant he should have been league MVP in 2014 and I have argued for years he was a top 5 qb in this league.

Tony is one of my all time favorite athletes not just football player.

Please check your facts before you say this type of nonsense to me.

Absolutely apologize if I mistakenly lumped you in with the countless other Romo haters on this board. My sincerest!