The myth of Dak compared to reality

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Dak haters have all been proven dead wrong - firstly, what constitutes being a "Dak hater"?

Secondly, I don't really understand how not making the play offs in 2017 with a quality all round roster is proving people wrong. And don't even get onto the Elliot missed a few games argument, that's the entire point that people who question the wisdom of paying Prescott an extortionate amount of money are making - a franchise QB would have overcome a bit of adversity and led this team to the play offs in 2017. Prescott didn't.

Brian Hoyer would have led this team to the play offs in 2016, that roster was absolutely loaded with talent on offense coupled with a decent enough defense in 2016 (top 15)

We have had a top 10 defense the last two seasons (top 5 last season in my opinion) so this team should be making the play offs every season since Prescott has been the QB and should do next season. So much talent compared with previous seasons.

Well..........if you dont think losing your lead horse for 6 games, along with losing Lee and Smith should not affect a 2nd year QB then you simply dont understand football enough. Franchise QB's are developed, they just dont pop up with nothing to work on. Aikman couldnt win a game without Emmitt.

It also shows a complete lack of understanding of where Dak came from and what type of QB he was.

Saying that Hoyer would have lead that team shows another lack of understanding of Daks leadership abilities. Would Hoyer have done it as a rookie? Would he have won rookie of the year and made the pro bowl? Would his players fell so in love him as a rookie that he Romo would have sat on the bench when he was healthy?

So the team was loaded in 2016 and then not in 2017 and 2018? Thats actually very good analysis. Then you sit there and wonder why in 2017 we didnt quite have the success.

Now in his 4th season Dak should be relied on to be able to handle more adversity and carry the team more. The passing game should begin to take over more of the load. That is the nature of a developing QB. But its clear that I dont expect some of you to understand these dynamics.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
If you’re not bright enough to figure out why that’s a bunk argument then you don’t have the requisite intelligence to even try discussing the topic.
It's an absurd example of an argument intended to point out the absurdity of arguing that the eye test has no value and that stats rule all.

Are you not intelligent enough to interpret it as such?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's an absurd example of an argument intended to point out the absurdity of arguing that the eye test has no value and that stats rule all.

Are you not intelligent enough to interpret it as such?
Because the "eye" test can be bias. Ever watched a game when some say it's a foul or penalty and others say the opposite. Sure watch film and form an opinion on that but stats will tell you incomplete or not etc. I see people say Dak can't throw the ball cause they see it with their eyes.......thats a bias statement and just false. If they want to say Dak doesn't throw the ball like Brady or Rodgers then that's different and a true statement

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Just so ya know my bro! ,,,That heaping mound of @gjkoeppen you inadvertently got on yer fashionable footwear?,,,as it don't just wash off by any current means available within this planets known dimensional physical casing-liners,,, & he's a mite clingy as a 8 armed hydrophobic love forsaken octopus,,, yer' prolly just gonna have to just take up palm skinning/ tree climbing activities to facilitate its eventual wearing away,,,er,,, just saying, ya know?o_O

:starspin::lmao::starspin:,,,good luck!:thumbup:

Yea, that's why I tried to tip toe through it by going all absurdio ad reductio on him then exit gracefully, or not. I don't know...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Because the "eye" test can be bias. Ever watched a game when some say it's a foul or penalty and others say the opposite. Sure watch film and form an opinion on that but stats will tell you incomplete or not etc. I see people say Dak can't throw the ball cause they see it with their eyes.......thats a bias statement and just false. If they want to say Dak doesn't throw the ball like Brady or Rodgers then that's different and a true statement
Stats can also show bias by not including relevant information.

You are reducing the argument to Dak can throw vs Dak can't throw. Obviously Dak can throw the ball as you don't make it to the NFL not being able to throw the ball with some level of proficiency. The argument lies in just how consistently Dak can throw all the types of passes that maximize the potential of the play. A completed pass that shows up positively in the stats may have been a bad pass in the big picture. Maybe it was a tougher than necessary catch for the receiver negating a good opportunity for significant RAC. Maybe it was a poor choice of who to target leaving a much better play unrealized. Etc. Neither of those examples will show up in any stat as a "bad" play. Both of those examples will show up positively as increased comp%. Only the eye test gives you the real story.

The biggest bias I see on this forum is from members who have their minds made up and seek to prove their preconceptions by choosing stats which support them while ignoring relevant evidence that does not. Both stats and eye test.

pansophy

Reaction score
I always laugh when people bring up "what about when he lost Elliot" because this situation didn't only include Elliot it included one of the best tackles in the game and was the same year we lost our LG to Denver. It's kind of a joke really to bring up this tiny sample size which also included losing Tron and claim Dak's not a good QB...I'd love to see Chaz Green blocking for any QB and see how they perform. A traffic cone would do a better job blocking.
No one could succeed with Green on the field. I don't think anyone debates that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well..........if you dont think losing your lead horse for 6 games, along with losing Lee and Smith should not affect a 2nd year QB then you simply dont understand football enough. Franchise QB's are developed, they just dont pop up with nothing to work on. Aikman couldnt win a game without Emmitt.

It also shows a complete lack of understanding of where Dak came from and what type of QB he was.

Saying that Hoyer would have lead that team shows another lack of understanding of Daks leadership abilities. Would Hoyer have done it as a rookie? Would he have won rookie of the year and made the pro bowl? Would his players fell so in love him as a rookie that he Romo would have sat on the bench when he was healthy?

So the team was loaded in 2016 and then not in 2017 and 2018? Thats actually very good analysis. Then you sit there and wonder why in 2017 we didnt quite have the success.

Now in his 4th season Dak should be relied on to be able to handle more adversity and carry the team more. The passing game should begin to take over more of the load. That is the nature of a developing QB. But its clear that I dont expect some of you to understand these dynamics.

The key word being "should".

"Should" is different than "can".

For that reason, it makes more sense to not give him a big contract now and see what he can do in 2019 and then pay him if he proves his value.

Falco78

Reaction score
This is idiotic

1. Youre comparing stats from different eras. Peyton Manning played in a completely different league as a rookie. Vinny Testaverde and Chris friggin Chandler were top 5 in passer rating. The number 5 passer rating was John Elway with a 93 rating. Only two QBs threw for over 4k. In 2016, 14 QBs passed for over 4k yards. A 93 passer rating wouldve ranked 14th in 2016.

2. Why did you leave RG3’s rookie season out of this bias?

3. Zeke was THE leading rusher and came in to the league as the best running back and wouldve broke dickersons record if the coach had any nads. He finished with the third most yards as a rookie in 1.5 less games. He finished with 1634 yards. Its ironic because another rookie sensation that played for the Commanders in 2012 had a rookie back that ran for 1600 yards as well (Alfred Morris ran for 1614 yards).

4. The eye test >>>> stats. Every. Day. Of. The. Week. If stats were the end all be all, why arent heisman winners and the qbs that put up the best stats in college always picked number 1?

5. You homers only use the stats that make Dak look good. He led the 20th ranked passing attack in 2016.
27th in 2017. 22nd in 2018.

5. At this point, who cares what Dak did as a rookie? It means nothing at this point.
Yet he has been a winner constantly...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak lover.. lol. Negative. And I am not bitter about anything. All I am saying is that it don’t matter what you or I think. The FO is gonna pay this guy. And his stats back up what the FO thinks.
the FO will do a lot of things. that's not the point of debate.... we drafted taco Charlton and he maybe cut this summer....that's not the point. the OP and yourself vehemently defend Dak, based on some stats...

in the middle of the debate...you come up with...FO will pay this guy and if you don't like it don't watch, or go away or root for somebody else or whatever else you said..... I am a cowboy fan...I can criticize the players as a fan. I can criticize the FO as a fan. I can root for a player if I want. or not root for a player...that's what we do as fans... Dak getting paid or not has nothing to do with argument. that would be like me saying I like Crawford and he got over paid, so get over it , or go root for somebody else.......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Scott was good enough in Dak's rookie year. Maybe once defense figured out check down Charlie, they wasn't much Scott to do with him.. naw... "everybody was hurt, wr's ,rb's sucked, and don't forget the te's".

lol.. this year it will KM as the excuse. not check down charlie.
there is an element of the unknown with Dak and his first year. that OL played out of this world. they were dominant. Zeke was a rookie that was shot out of a cannon once we really got going. and defenses were trying to figure us out, and there wasn't enough tape. we leaned on the running game heavily. we leaned on the OL heavily and both Dez and Witten were instrumental in protecting Dak. he was below average in passing yards that year....

give defensive coordinators an offseason and some tape and they will figure you out...and that's what happened to Dak. they figured him out. they took away from his strength and forced him to make plays he wasn't comfortable with. it showed and when zeke was out, it really highlighted his weaknesses.

last year, without Cooper, he was below average. really cooper was our MVP and then the defense. I am not a linehan supporter or fan, but his hands were somewhat tied and he needed the players to surround dak that could make plays. .....not sure if we see the same success next year, as there is tape, off season and DCs will study the film and tendencies. maybe moore can mix it up and come up with new stuff, but teams once again will force Dak into mistakes....and the excuses will be its garrett, its moore, its not having a good #2 WR, its lack of TE, witten is over the hill and OL isn't playing good and lets get rid of Collins, its all his fault....etc.

Falco78

Reaction score
there is an element of the unknown with Dak and his first year. that OL played out of this world. they were dominant. Zeke was a rookie that was shot out of a cannon once we really got going. and defenses were trying to figure us out, and there wasn't enough tape. we leaned on the running game heavily. we leaned on the OL heavily and both Dez and Witten were instrumental in protecting Dak. he was below average in passing yards that year....

give defensive coordinators an offseason and some tape and they will figure you out...and that's what happened to Dak. they figured him out. they took away from his strength and forced him to make plays he wasn't comfortable with. it showed and when zeke was out, it really highlighted his weaknesses.

last year, without Cooper, he was below average. really cooper was our MVP and then the defense. I am not a linehan supporter or fan, but his hands were somewhat tied and he needed the players to surround dak that could make plays. .....not sure if we see the same success next year, as there is tape, off season and DCs will study the film and tendencies. maybe moore can mix it up and come up with new stuff, but teams once again will force Dak into mistakes....and the excuses will be its garrett, its moore, its not having a good #2 WR, its lack of TE, witten is over the hill and OL isn't playing good and lets get rid of Collins, its all his fault....etc.
It all comes down to coaching or lack of. Good coaches put players in a position to win with their strengths...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yet he has been a winner constantly...
A winner of what exactly? Bc hes had a lower win % than Tony had in his first 3 years starting and no one considered him a “winner”. We are in the same place we’ve been as a franchise since 96...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Not really. Its just simple analysis. The nature of the QB position. Im actually giving a lot of the credit to the line and the players around him. But many of you are too biased to realize that.

He is more reliant on those around him at this point. The difference between me and you is that I understand that is normal. You think the guy should be some fully developed in his prime QB right now.

It shows a lack of understanding and a biased.
I don't think "analysis" means what you think it does.

And the most amazing thing is you're willing to concede he's reliant on all those around him at this point but also willing to give him 200MM RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The key word being "should".

"Should" is different than "can".

For that reason, it makes more sense to not give him a big contract now and see what he can do in 2019 and then pay him if he proves his value.

It only makes sense to guys like you. I cant complain because the FO agrees.

Swagger

Reaction score

Read (if you are able to read) my post properly.

I stated that the roster in 2016 was "absolutely loaded with talent on offense coupled with a decent enough defense in 2016 (top 15)".

I didn't state that the roster was not loaded in 2017 and 2018. I stated that the defense was top 10 in 2017 and top 5 in 2018, i.e. even MORE loaded. The O-Line was never going to match the crazy high standards of 2016 - the likes of which I haven't seen since from any team, yet it was still so much better thereafter than what people claim. I have never seen a rookie QB fall into an offense with all the qualities the Cowboys had in 2016. In my opinion every starting QB and most back up QB's would have made the pro bowl in 2016 with the Cowboys offense and a lot would have been rookie of the year but my assertions are as pointless as yours because we will never know. Although in reality, anyone who understands football is fully aware that Zeke Elliott was the real rookie of the year in 2016.

The main point being that in 2016 the team would have made the play offs regardless of who was playing QB. Did you watch the O-line? Did you watch Zeke Elliott? Did you watch how when Dez Bryant actually received a decent enough jump ball that he made big plays including in the play off game against the Packers when he was utilised far too late? Jason Witten has never relied on his pace yet yep he will most likely end up in the Hall of Fame.

Would his players fell so in love him as a rookie that he Romo would have sat on the bench when he was healthy? How do you know that - were you part of the roster or coaching staff? Or are they just more assertions on your part? Romo sat on the bench with the best offensive tools he ever had only to watch a rookie QB butcher the last drive of the game by spiking the ball providing the slightest chance for the Packers to win it in regulation. Had it gone to overtime and the Cowboys got the ball first, then most people will have fancied us against a Secondary with guys literally off the street and one that allowed 44 points the following week. Yep 44. That would have got it done when the Cowboys played them. Shame.

The rosters we have had the past three years were far superior to anything that we had the five years prior to that.

Please do not embarrass yourself further by stating that Prescott is a two time Pro-Bowl QB. He was behind Mitchell Tribisky in line for the Pro Bowl last season. Please. It's like being a milk monitor at school. The sort of title that only kids with less talent take seriously. Harsh but true.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Daks 2nd and 3rd year were very similiar, well at least in scoring.

Also this myth he is inaccurate is false. Just look at his ypa and completion percentage. It doesn't show a dink and dunk passer or inaccurate.
Completion % isn't a measure of accuracy, and his YPA is poor considering his high Completion %.

His numbers are absolutely indicative of a dink and dunk passer, but that has as much to do with this chicken-poop offense as it does Dak.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Interesting thread but those that do not like or want Dak, it will never matter what is said or what facts they are shown. If Dallas happens to win a Super Bowl this year and/or next year, they still will hate and want to get rid of Dak. There always people who believe the pasture is greener on the other side, who believe you can trade for whoever you want, pay whatever you as a fan think a person is worth, and yet still have no concept from a team view or front office view.

Frankly I can't wait until Dallas extends Dak sometime before the season starts then we will have 100s of threads of why it is wrong. It is what it is and there is no changing some minds.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
In this research i wanted to use facts to either prove the myth of Dak true or false. I will not be using the "eye" bias but instead lay out the facts. I used Pro Football reference for most of this research. Folks like to say Dak stepped into the greatest position for a rookie QB ( they say rookie because of the offense that QBs like Mahomes have but not as rookies cause they sat on the bench). I also didn't use guys like Brady because he only threw 3 passes as a rookie........only completed 1 of them so 33.3% competition haha.

First i will list these QBs that people have said are better than Dak with some of the best players on their team and than at the end give all their stats. These are rookie stats and teams only.

Peyton Manning QB
Had Marshall Faulk HB and Marvin Harrison WR, didn't have a terrible OL but wasn't great either.

Andy Dalton QB (Probowl as rookie)
Cedric Benson HB, A.J Green WR, Jermaine Gresham TE ( was a probowler that year and was pretty good at this time), also had a decent OL. Thats a really good situation for a rookie QB.

Matt Ryan QB
Michael Turner RB (All-pro that year), Roddy White WR (Probowl that year) and a pretty good OL although none made the probowl that year.

Andrew Luck QB (Probowl as a rookie)
Had Reggie Wayne WR and that's pretty much it.

Russell Wilson QB (Probowl as a rookie)
Marshawn Lynch RB (All-pro), Sidney Rice WR, Golden Tate WR, Doug Baldwin WR, Zach Miller TE and had a really good OL with 2 being probowlers and 1 All-pro. Safe to say Wilson had a much better team as a rookie QB, better coach and by far a better defense than Dak had as a rookie.

Cam Newton QB (Probowl as rookie)
Steve Smith WR, Greg Olson TE, Jeremy Shockey TE, DeAngelo Williams RB and a decent OL.

Ben Roethlisberger QB
Hines Ward WR, Marvel Smith OT, Alan Faneca LG (All-pro that year), Jeff Hartings C (All-pro that year) Jerome Bettis RB. Here is another case where it's pretty clear Ben had a much better team as a rookie QB. In fact this was most likely the best situation for any QB in league history. He also benefited from a great defense and Hall of Fame coaching. By the way his production decreased the next 2 years like some say about Dak but thats false as well.

Jameis Winston QB (Probowl as rookie)
Doug Martin RB (All-pro that year), Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson and a pretty good OL but only 1 going to the probowl that year.

Deshaun Watson QB
Lamar Miller RB, DeAndre Hopkins WR, Will Fuller WR and had an ok OL. Only played 6 games that year because he got injured but was tearing up the league in those first 6 games.....helps having the talent he had as well.

Baker Mayfield QB
Nick Chubb RB, Duke Johnson RB, Carlos Hyde RB, Jarvis Landry WR, David Njoku TE and a really good OL. I know it's the Browns but this is really good talent on offense for a rookie QB.

Dan Marino QB (Probowl as a rookie)
Mark Duper WR, Bob Kuechenberg LG, Dwight Stephenson C, Ed Newman RG and also had 2 great backs in Tony Nathan and FB Andra Franklin. This is a really good offense for a rookie QB. Thought it would be fun to use Marino because his rookie season is a top 10 season for rookies.

Dak Prescott QB (Probowl as rookie)
Ezekiel Elliott RB (leading rusher), Jason Witten TE, Dez Bryant WR and 3 all-pro OL. This is a good situation for a rookie QB but it's not the best. OL is the strength but Dez and Witten were on the decline.

Now let's look at these QBs stats and see how they shape up against each other.

Peyton Manning 3-13 record.
56.7% completion. 3739 yards passing. 26 TDs 28 INTs. 6.5 ypa. 233 ypg. 71.2 rating. 1 game winning drive and 1--4th quarter comeback.

Ben Roethlisberger 13-0 record.
66.4% completion. 2621 yards passing. 17 TDs 11 INTs. 8.9 ypa. 187 ypg. 98.1 rating. 5 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks

Russell Wilson 11-5 record.
64.1% completion. 3118 yards passing. 26 TDs 10 INTs. 7.9 ypa. 194 ypg. 100 rating. 72.7 QBR. 4 Game winning drives. 3--4th quarter cornerback.

Andrew Luck 11-5 record.
54.1% completion. 4374 yards passing. 23 TDs 18 INTs. 7.0 ypa. 273.4 ypg. 76.5 rating. 65.6 QBR. 7 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks.

Deshaun Watson 3-3 record.
61.8% completion. 1699 yards passing. 19 TDs 8 INTs. 8.3 ypa. 242.7 ypg. 103 rating. 83.6 QBR. 0 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks.

Matt Ryan 11-5 record.
61.1% completion. 3440 yards passing. 16 TDs 11 INTs. 7.9 ypa. 215 ypg. 87.7 rating. 68.5 QBR. 4 game winning drives. 2--4th quarter comebacks.

Jameis Winston 6-10 record.
58.3% completion. 4042 yards passing. 22 TDs 15 INTs. 7.6 ypa. 252.6 ypg. 84.2 rating. 61.1 QBR. 3 game winning drives. 2--4th quarter comebacks.

Cam Newton 6-10 record.
60% completion. 4051 yards passing. 21 TDs 17 INTs. 7.8 ypa. 253.2 ypg. 84.5 rating. 58.1 QBR. 1 game winning drive. 1--4th quarter comeback.

Andy Dalton 9-7 record
58.1% completion. 3398 yards passing. 20 TDs 13 INTs. 6.6 ypa. 212.4 ypg. 80.4 rating. 46.9 QBR. 4 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks.

Dan Marino 7-2 record.
58.4% completion. 2210 yards passing. 20 TDs 6 INTs. 7.5 ypa. 200.9 ypg. 96 rating. 2 game winning drives. 1--4th quarter comebacks.

Carson Wentz 7-9 record.
62.8% completion. 3782 yards passing. 16 TDs 14 INTs. 6.2 ypa. 236.4 ypg. 79.3 rating. 49.4 QBR. 1 game winning drive. 1--4th quarter comeback.

Dak Prescott 13-3 record.
67.8% completion. 3667 yards passing. 23 TDs 4 INTs. 8.0 ypa. 229.2 ypg. 104.9 rating. 78.8 QBR.
5 game winning drives. 5--4th quarter comebacks.

So as you can see Dak hasnt had the best situation as a rookie QB and beats most every rookie QB in every stat. So the myth these doubters and haters keep spewing from their mouths about Dak is just that. It's false and a blatant lie. For all the Dak supporters y'all already knew this and are ahead of the others.

One persons myth is another persons altered state of reality. For me the reality is all the QB's compared have been on other teams with different O-lines, different OC's, different HC's and different game plans and that is far too many uncontrolled variables. The one really accurate comparison, and there is only 1 IMO, is to Romo 2013 and 2014. Same HC, same OC's, same O-lines, same game plans. Show me Romo 2012, 2013 and 2014 to Dak 2016, 2017 and 2018 and then we have a valid comparison. The only difference is a different RB but both were/are stud RB's

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
In this research i wanted to use facts to either prove the myth of Dak true or false. I will not be using the "eye" bias but instead lay out the facts. I used Pro Football reference for most of this research. Folks like to say Dak stepped into the greatest position for a rookie QB ( they say rookie because of the offense that QBs like Mahomes have but not as rookies cause they sat on the bench). I also didn't use guys like Brady because he only threw 3 passes as a rookie........only completed 1 of them so 33.3% competition haha.

First i will list these QBs that people have said are better than Dak with some of the best players on their team and than at the end give all their stats. These are rookie stats and teams only.

Peyton Manning QB
Had Marshall Faulk HB and Marvin Harrison WR, didn't have a terrible OL but wasn't great either.

Andy Dalton QB (Probowl as rookie)
Cedric Benson HB, A.J Green WR, Jermaine Gresham TE ( was a probowler that year and was pretty good at this time), also had a decent OL. Thats a really good situation for a rookie QB.

Matt Ryan QB
Michael Turner RB (All-pro that year), Roddy White WR (Probowl that year) and a pretty good OL although none made the probowl that year.

Andrew Luck QB (Probowl as a rookie)
Had Reggie Wayne WR and that's pretty much it.

Russell Wilson QB (Probowl as a rookie)
Marshawn Lynch RB (All-pro), Sidney Rice WR, Golden Tate WR, Doug Baldwin WR, Zach Miller TE and had a really good OL with 2 being probowlers and 1 All-pro. Safe to say Wilson had a much better team as a rookie QB, better coach and by far a better defense than Dak had as a rookie.

Cam Newton QB (Probowl as rookie)
Steve Smith WR, Greg Olson TE, Jeremy Shockey TE, DeAngelo Williams RB and a decent OL.

Ben Roethlisberger QB
Hines Ward WR, Marvel Smith OT, Alan Faneca LG (All-pro that year), Jeff Hartings C (All-pro that year) Jerome Bettis RB. Here is another case where it's pretty clear Ben had a much better team as a rookie QB. In fact this was most likely the best situation for any QB in league history. He also benefited from a great defense and Hall of Fame coaching. By the way his production decreased the next 2 years like some say about Dak but thats false as well.

Jameis Winston QB (Probowl as rookie)
Doug Martin RB (All-pro that year), Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson and a pretty good OL but only 1 going to the probowl that year.

Deshaun Watson QB
Lamar Miller RB, DeAndre Hopkins WR, Will Fuller WR and had an ok OL. Only played 6 games that year because he got injured but was tearing up the league in those first 6 games.....helps having the talent he had as well.

Baker Mayfield QB
Nick Chubb RB, Duke Johnson RB, Carlos Hyde RB, Jarvis Landry WR, David Njoku TE and a really good OL. I know it's the Browns but this is really good talent on offense for a rookie QB.

Dan Marino QB (Probowl as a rookie)
Mark Duper WR, Bob Kuechenberg LG, Dwight Stephenson C, Ed Newman RG and also had 2 great backs in Tony Nathan and FB Andra Franklin. This is a really good offense for a rookie QB. Thought it would be fun to use Marino because his rookie season is a top 10 season for rookies.

Dak Prescott QB (Probowl as rookie)
Ezekiel Elliott RB (leading rusher), Jason Witten TE, Dez Bryant WR and 3 all-pro OL. This is a good situation for a rookie QB but it's not the best. OL is the strength but Dez and Witten were on the decline.

Now let's look at these QBs stats and see how they shape up against each other.

Peyton Manning 3-13 record.
56.7% completion. 3739 yards passing. 26 TDs 28 INTs. 6.5 ypa. 233 ypg. 71.2 rating. 1 game winning drive and 1--4th quarter comeback.

Ben Roethlisberger 13-0 record.
66.4% completion. 2621 yards passing. 17 TDs 11 INTs. 8.9 ypa. 187 ypg. 98.1 rating. 5 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks

Russell Wilson 11-5 record.
64.1% completion. 3118 yards passing. 26 TDs 10 INTs. 7.9 ypa. 194 ypg. 100 rating. 72.7 QBR. 4 Game winning drives. 3--4th quarter cornerback.

Andrew Luck 11-5 record.
54.1% completion. 4374 yards passing. 23 TDs 18 INTs. 7.0 ypa. 273.4 ypg. 76.5 rating. 65.6 QBR. 7 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks.

Deshaun Watson 3-3 record.
61.8% completion. 1699 yards passing. 19 TDs 8 INTs. 8.3 ypa. 242.7 ypg. 103 rating. 83.6 QBR. 0 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks.

Matt Ryan 11-5 record.
61.1% completion. 3440 yards passing. 16 TDs 11 INTs. 7.9 ypa. 215 ypg. 87.7 rating. 68.5 QBR. 4 game winning drives. 2--4th quarter comebacks.

Jameis Winston 6-10 record.
58.3% completion. 4042 yards passing. 22 TDs 15 INTs. 7.6 ypa. 252.6 ypg. 84.2 rating. 61.1 QBR. 3 game winning drives. 2--4th quarter comebacks.

Cam Newton 6-10 record.
60% completion. 4051 yards passing. 21 TDs 17 INTs. 7.8 ypa. 253.2 ypg. 84.5 rating. 58.1 QBR. 1 game winning drive. 1--4th quarter comeback.

Andy Dalton 9-7 record
58.1% completion. 3398 yards passing. 20 TDs 13 INTs. 6.6 ypa. 212.4 ypg. 80.4 rating. 46.9 QBR. 4 game winning drives. 4--4th quarter comebacks.

Dan Marino 7-2 record.
58.4% completion. 2210 yards passing. 20 TDs 6 INTs. 7.5 ypa. 200.9 ypg. 96 rating. 2 game winning drives. 1--4th quarter comebacks.

Carson Wentz 7-9 record.
62.8% completion. 3782 yards passing. 16 TDs 14 INTs. 6.2 ypa. 236.4 ypg. 79.3 rating. 49.4 QBR. 1 game winning drive. 1--4th quarter comeback.

Dak Prescott 13-3 record.
67.8% completion. 3667 yards passing. 23 TDs 4 INTs. 8.0 ypa. 229.2 ypg. 104.9 rating. 78.8 QBR.
5 game winning drives. 5--4th quarter comebacks.

So as you can see Dak hasnt had the best situation as a rookie QB and beats most every rookie QB in every stat. So the myth these doubters and haters keep spewing from their mouths about Dak is just that. It's false and a blatant lie. For all the Dak supporters y'all already knew this and are ahead of the others.

By the way, good job of digging up the data sir. That took some time and effort :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think "analysis" means what you think it does.

And the most amazing thing is you're willing to concede he's reliant on all those around him at this point but also willing to give him 200MM RIGHT NOW.

All QB's are reliant on those around them. Young QB's more so. QB 101. This isnt complicated stuff.