The nerve is officially firing***merged***

rambo2

Reaction score
The press conference was awesome today. You can tell that Jaylon Smith is going to play and they think that he is going to be a force on the defense. Just look at how all 3 of them shine when they talk about him. They know that he is going to be very good.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He claims a lot of things it seems lol. He made a post saying Dez is overrated and a bum but wanted someone to trade for the 'bum' lol.
I sure did! I know not everyone thinks he is a bum so trading him should not be a problem.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Likes all around to everyone who claimed Jerry has Jedi-like mind skills; he (Jerry) may actually be willing Jaylon's piggies to move. Now the question is: Is Jerry a Jedi or is he from the dark side?

Cheers all around RE Jaylon Smith, of course...

...but pragmatically, you'd hope Jerry's on the Dark-Side, right? I mean, considering the Sith seem to be more powerful than the Jedi with their alleged ability to revive the dead and all..

yeah-if-you-5dif4j.jpg

yeah-if-you-5dif4j.jpg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
key words in article I read.
After speaking with a source informed of his prognosis, we have some more details. The nerve in Smith's knee has begun regenerating as the team had hoped. There is still a long way to go, but he's slowly getting muscle control.

Smith can now pick his toes up, and he can lift his foot.
A measured celebration is in order or the Cowboys, keeping in mind Smith still has a ways to go in the process.

So hopefully they dont push him too hard too soon, and even jaylon needs someone to control him .
I hope it all goes good.
Just think he should heal up proper before playing full time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jaylon Smith brings big time speed to the linebaker position. Man I can't wait. This is huge..Him and Sean lee in the same lineup..Lol good luck

Not saying they do, who knows until Thurs night,,, just what if we draft say a Zach Cunningham day 1, or possible trade back and still draft this kid.
The LB core would be the new triplets,,, that's crazy best LBer core in the league right there, that day.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I sure did! I know not everyone thinks he is a bum so trading him should not be a problem.
People like to pile on,, I will always stand my own ground.
Its like fans of soap operas, for those old enough to understand that analogy.. just keep buying into the product, the actor, the name.
There comes a time and place that you have to prove yourself, you set the standard that the rest of league has to live up to.
I took major heat for not endorsing Romos career, and I will take the same for not endorsing Bryants career, and its not that I ever disliked these players,,,
I just need results, I'm a selfish bastid fan that wants rings and results,, not injuries and excuses, sorry if that makes me whatever the haters choose to label me, and other posters like mrtxstar.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
The press conference was awesome today. You can tell that Jaylon Smith is going to play and they think that he is going to be a force on the defense. Just look at how all 3 of them shine when they talk about him. They know that he is going to be very good.

Garrett was glowing, really cool to see

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I guess he's not going to show up. Well done @FuzzyLumpkins and very gracious and classy of you not to remind him.
Of course his argument went off on some odd tangent so maybe he knew you were right all along.

superonyx

Reaction score
Its like fans of soap operas, for those old enough to understand that analogy.. just keep buying into the product, the actor, the name.
There comes a time and place that you have to prove yourself, you set the standard that the rest of league has to live up to.
I took major heat for not endorsing Romos career, and I will take the same for not endorsing Bryants career, and its not that I ever disliked these players,,,
I just need results, I'm a selfish bastid fan that wants rings and results,, not injuries and excuses, sorry if that makes me whatever the haters choose to label me, and other posters like mrtxstar.
How do you feel about Jason Wittens career? What about T Smith's? Or do hold some players accountable for others failings?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How do you feel about Jason Wittens career? What about T Smith's? Or do hold some players accountable for others failings?
They weren't leaders of the team until more recent years despite being some of the best at their respective positions in the whole league. Both are well respected and recognized league-wide as having elite careers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Individual players cant get you,other fans, or the team a SB ring.
It takes a good gm, owner, coaches, HC, DC,OC, and good players, who can step it up not only to but in SB.

Dallas since 96 hasnt had all the components working together doing the right things.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is great news and finally what I was waiting to hear. If he can move his toes and foot, however minute, it only means that he will continue to improve and has a chance to fully recover. I didn't read through the whole thread but am I the only one who thinks they should hold him out until he can play without the brace? Let him practice in all non contact portions of practice and let him continue to improve. When he no longer needs the brace, then he can play in games. That just makes too much sense to me. He has a long career ahead and is very important to the team. Don't rush him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is great news and finally what I was waiting to hear. If he can move his toes and foot, however minute, it only means that he will continue to improve and has a chance to fully recover. I didn't read through the whole thread but am I the only one who thinks they should hold him out until he can play without the brace? Let him practice in all non contact portions of practice and let him continue to improve. When he no longer needs the brace, then he can play in games. That just makes too much sense to me. He has a long career ahead and is very important to the team. Don't rush him.
The doctors have cleared him. It's okay to play with a brace if needed.