The nerve is officially firing***merged***

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why is the brace such an issue? Do you have a problem with players who have suffered ACL tears wearing braces during games? The brace isn't obstructive and is only a precaution. If you're waiting for full healing, you may never get it with a nerve. He 100% structurally fine and has enough nerve regeneration to look really go. Use caution of course, but let him go out and play.

It's also much too early to have these discussions. We're 4 months from live action. The regeneration has finally reached his toes, meaning it is nearing full (as much as it will) regeneration.

You are way over exagerating what this means. All this means is that he can finally move his toes with 4 months to go. How you equate that into he will be 100% very soon is a mystery. And he will be wearing a brace because he cant lift it completely on his own. If he could he wouldnt need a brace.

Proof

Reaction score
LOL.........that is the whole point. NO one can know. NO, I am not a doctor and would never pretend to be one or know. AGAIN, the exact point.

I just find it comical that the fact that he just began to be able to lift his toes throws some people into claiming the guy is guaranteed to be star in 2017. To me it means the opposite.

you're missing the forest from the trees. in this whole crapshoot regarding his recovery and nerve regeneration, one of the key indicators of successful recovery was regaining movement and sensation in his foot. in a vacuum "only just being able to lift his toes" sounds ridiculous and a poor barometer for an athlete. in reality and context though, it's essentially the smoking gun. it's the proof that all of the slow/invisible progress that's been speculated on has indeed been occurring, and the optimistic prognosis' are being proven accurate.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
LOL.........that is the whole point. NO one can know. NO, I am not a doctor and would never pretend to be one or know. AGAIN, the exact point.

I just find it comical that the fact that he just began to be able to lift his toes throws some people into claiming the guy is guaranteed to be star in 2017. To me it means the opposite.
NO one can know if you will make any more moronic statements about this or any other topic on this board. But we can deduce based on the evidence presented...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be a game changer to warrant excitement or bring immediate improvement to the defense. and as far as "no matter who we draft they will be great".... no. was that said? implied? no. The way the draft is set up, from a defensive talent perspective this year, the odds are that we will find some quality help. The point is that between jaylon (whatever he contributes) tapper, and who we draft, there is an influx of youth and talent heading our way. you don't have to try and position an absolute all or nothing argument.

Your actling like all of them will work out great and immediately. Far from the truth. I will wait until we actually draft someone until a begin to get excited. For all we know Jerry could take a Olineman or something stupid with the first pick. And then Ill wait to see the guy on the field before I claim he will improve anything this year. Ill also wait until the two injured rookies that have missed a year actually fully heal and play also. You guys all claimed the same thing about Tapper last year and the guy didnt even play. Now its the same nonsense all over again. How about we let him get on the field and actually make a play?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you're missing the forest from the trees. in this whole crapshoot regarding his recovery and nerve regeneration, one of the key indicators of successful recovery was regaining movement and sensation in his foot. in a vacuum "only just being able to lift his toes" sounds ridiculous and a poor barometer for an athlete. in reality and context though, it's essentially the smoking gun. it's the proof that all of the slow/invisible progress that's been speculated on has indeed been occurring, and the optimistic prognosis' are being proven accurate.

I dont miss anything. He got nerve healing in his toes and can lift them. Great!!! Im very excited. But im not going to sit here and claim the guy is going to change our defense this year and be fully healed.

Reaction score
0mKXcg1.gif

LeDouche,,,, lol

ksg811

Reaction score
You are way over exagerating what this means. All this means is that he can finally move his toes with 4 months to go. How you equate that into he will be 100% very soon is a mystery. And he will be wearing a brace because he cant lift it completely on his own. If he could he wouldnt need a brace.

I never claimed he will be 100% soon. I even stated that full regeneration meant as much as the nerve will, but the fact that it's reached his toes means the regeneration is reaching the nerve ending.

In all the recent videos I've seen of him, it doesn't look like he's been wearing the brace, so it's obviously not a big issue, otherwise he'd be wearing it at practice too. The doctors clearly have seen vast improvement in his forefoot strength and function to allow him to even practice without it.

Proof

Reaction score
Your actling like all of them will work out great and immediately. Far from the truth. I will wait until we actually draft someone until a begin to get excited. For all we know Jerry could take a Olineman or something stupid with the first pick. And then Ill wait to see the guy on the field before I claim he will improve anything this year. Ill also wait until the two injured rookies that have missed a year actually fully heal and play also. You guys all claimed the same thing about Tapper last year and the guy didnt even play. Now its the same nonsense all over again. How about we let him get on the field and actually make a play?

no I'm not acting like that at all or about anything. you have a strange ability to infer things that weren't said and run with it. what I specifically said is that there will be some youth and talent heading to the team, and there will be. eve under some strange scenario where they don't draft ANY defensive players, jaylon and tapper are on track to play. what they will produce is any one's guess... the EXCITEMENT is from what they may. there's nothing definitive in optimism.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never claimed he will be 100% soon. I even stated that full regeneration meant as much as the nerve will, but the fact that it's reached his toes means the regeneration is reaching the nerve ending.

In all the recent videos I've seen of him, it doesn't look like he's been wearing the brace, so it's obviously not a big issue, otherwise he'd be wearing it at practice too. The doctors clearly have seen vast improvement in his forefoot strength and function to allow him to even practice without it.

So what do you think this guy is capable of this year, NOT 100%, with a brace, missing a year of football and being virtually a rookie?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no I'm not acting like that at all or about anything. you have a strange ability to infer things that weren't said and run with it. what I specifically said is that there will be some youth and talent heading to the team, and there will be. eve under some strange scenario where they don't draft ANY defensive players, jaylon and tapper are on track to play. what they will produce is any one's guess... the EXCITEMENT is from what they may. there's nothing definitive in optimism.

what they will produce is any one's guess... the EXCITEMENT is from what they may. there's nothing definitive in optimism.

Looks like on this we are 100% in agreement.

ksg811

Reaction score
So what do you think this guy is capable of this year, NOT 100%, with a brace, missing a year of football and being virtually a rookie?

Even at that, he's much better than any LB we currently have on the roster no named Sean Lee. Never have I, or anyone else in this thread proclaimed him to be this defense's savior and starting making his bust for Canton.

With the way he played at ND and the hype and pedigree he had as a prospect before the injury coupled with positive news with his nerve, it's just optimism at what could be if he reaches the form he once had. You're taking optimism as proclaiming greatness. It will take him some time to reach his prior level if he ever does, but at the least he's a vast improvement over Hitchens, Wilbur, and Wilson.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So he's not a bum then? Or is he only a bum because you feel he is?
You're a troll that just didn't like seeing someone call Dez a bum. Making it your personal vendetta to troll me won't make Dez any less of a bum so go away. You do you and I'll do me... troll.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even at that, he's much better than any LB we currently have on the roster no named Sean Lee. Never have I, or anyone else in this thread proclaimed him to be this defense's savior and starting making his bust for Canton.

With the way he played at ND and the hype and pedigree he had as a prospect before the injury coupled with positive news with his nerve, it's just optimism at what could be if he reaches the form he once had. You're taking optimism as proclaiming greatness. It will take him some time to reach his prior level if he ever does, but at the least he's a vast improvement over Hitchens, Wilbur, and Wilson.

Vast improvement over Hitchens or Wilson? Im not ready to say that yet. The guy finally was able to lift his toe. Hopeful......absolutely.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You've been on ignore for years. But when I see arguments from posters I sometimes check to see what was said.

So you took me off ignore just to troll me? LOL Case closed. Do me a favor and put me back on ignore. Post me one more time with your ranting and Ill simply do it myself.

ksg811

Reaction score
Vast improvement over Hitchens or Wilson? Im not ready to say that yet. The guy finally was able to lift his toe. Hopeful......absolutely.

Prior to the injury, Smith was the best LB I'd watched since Keuchly in 2012. I had him graded as the best player in the entire draft. In the NFL, 4 years might as well be a generation. Even just 70% of that is a much better player than any of our linebackers not named Lee.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Prior to the injury, Smith was the best LB I'd watched since Keuchly in 2012. I had him graded as the best player in the entire draft. In the NFL, 4 years might as well be a generation. Even just 70% of that is a much better player than any of our linebackers not named Lee.

Best linebacker in the last 10 years from what scouts were saying