The nerve is officially firing***merged***

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
At what point does Jaylon justify his draft selection? If he contributes this season but is roughly average then has a good year next year, is that enough? If he doesn't play this year but has two pretty good seasons in 2018 and 2019, is that enough?

Does he have to have a large impact this season to justify the second round pick/redshirt year?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well at least people are not trying to make substantive arguments detracting from Jaylon's potential anymore.
what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It means Jaylon will be :)

Imagine, for a second, that he wins it. What that will mean for our franchise.

Jaylon no doubt is well on his way to being the GOAT and HOF. He already has one foot in the door. Or should I say a few toes? :lmao2::lmao:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At what point does Jaylon justify his draft selection? If he contributes this season but is roughly average then has a good year next year, is that enough? If he doesn't play this year but has two pretty good seasons in 2018 and 2019, is that enough?

Does he have to have a large impact this season to justify the second round pick/redshirt year?

He's got to deliver four years' value in three years. And won't be 100% most of this season, probably. Not to mention we really could have used another quality defensive play in that playoff game last year.

I'd say he's got a ways to go to justify that pick.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

All I hope to see this year is a healthy year, we don't know what that means just yet, but personally I just want to see Jaylon stay healthy and contribute, if that = high level,, its a bonus.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol, so much negativity for something that should legitimately make everyone smile and be happy even if not for the fact that this kid is going to finally live his dream after not knowing if he could ever play again. His story ALONE should make people happy. Throw away your agendas and your negativity and just be happy for the kid...Jeeze. Some fans on here make Stephen As comments about us Cowboys fans sound true sometimes.

And what comments would those be?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
@CowboyRoy, my brudda, perhaps a thread in the Rant Zone about "Jaylon Lovers" will satiate your desire to post in this thread about Jaylon's recovery.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Randy White starting to look like Colonel Sanders.

Careful there.... Sanders was a bad man....... He lost one job for getting into a fight with a co-worker, lost his law practice by getting into a fight with a client and another time he actually shot somebody...

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/250300

http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-real-colonel-sanders

Funny thing is, my neighbor looks exactly like him (without the white hair).

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What?

You got the wrong Smith, I was referring to T Smith, not Jaylon Smith.
Please read before posting.

This thread is about Jaylon Smith, not T Smith. Please read the thread title before you post.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He's got to deliver four years' value in three years. And won't be 100% most of this season, probably. Not to mention we really could have used another quality defensive play in that playoff game last year.

I'd say he's got a ways to go to justify that pick.
A ways to go, but he go'n be good, Idgit! :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
@CowboyRoy, my brudda, perhaps a thread in the Rant Zone about "Jaylon Lovers" will satiate your desire to post in this thread about Jaylon's recovery.

I am a Jaylon lover myself. In my opinion, people foolishly ranting about him making the HOF are the rants that need to go. Not some guy preaching caution and realistic expectations.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I am a Jaylon lover myself. In my opinion, people foolishly ranting about him making the HOF are the rants that need to go. Not some guy preaching caution and realistic expectations.
I never said he was a HoF.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A ways to go, but he go'n be good, Idgit! :)

I think that Jaylon has a good chance to be the LBer we hope he will be. He will just need to get through this year without any other major injuries or a worsening of the current injury. But I would not expect Jaylon to be a pro bowl performer or close to it in 2017.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think that Jaylon has a good chance to be the LBer we hope he will be. He will just need to get through this year without any other major injuries or a worsening of the current injury. But I would not expect Jaylon to be a pro bowl performer or close to it in 2017.
Nor would I, but somewhere down the line I think he will be. How many rookie LB make the pro-bowl? Very few. He gets his functioning back (and, so far, Ron, nothing is leading me to believe he isn't), he'll get there in a couple seasons or so (Pro-Bowl level).