The nerve is officially firing***merged***

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A ways to go, but he go'n be good, Idgit! :)

Remains to be seen. He had all-pro ability as a prospect before the injury. I do like his potential if he returns to form. Who wouldn't?

I still hated that pick because I can't get past the fact we needed so much defensive help last season and got nothing for the year with the #4 and the #34 combined. As it stands, he comes in, plays well this year, perhaps becomes an impact player for a year or two, and then is on the free market. If we get a hometown discount at that point, it's all good. But I don't expect to get a hometown discount at that point. Which makes it another unnecessary risk.

Just one more pressure or one more PBU and maybe we win that GB game. After that, who knows what would have happened in 2016? This league is about avoiding mistakes more than it is wildcatting and getting lucky.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was made in the post prior, that's why I felt it was unnecessary to make that distinction, if you read this thread in its entirety it might save you from looking like an ***..

It was obvious you were talking about T. Smith, since the post you quoted was talking about T. Smith.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was obvious you were talking about T. Smith, since the post you quoted was talking about T. Smith.

LOL...........yah, and this coming from a guy that thinks that Jason Garrett is also headed to the HOF. :lmao2::lmao:

I see you at least had the common sense to delete that portion of your signature.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
LOL...........yah, and this coming from a guy that thinks that Jason Garrett is also headed to the HOF. :lmao2::lmao:

I see you at least had the common sense to delete that portion of your signature.
Good grief brother, do you wake up every day with a big hate turd on your face.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...........yah, and this coming from a guy that thinks that Jason Garrett also headed to the HOF. :lmao2::lmao:

I don't think that, Roy.

In this case, he quoted somebody that said 'T. Smith' and the quote was right there in the post you replied to. You jumped the gun because you don't read carefully, he explained to you that you jumped the gun, and you tried to blame him for it. Only thing is, everybody reading the thread knows that you're just flailing and flailing instead of saying 'my bad' like you should be.

Read through the thread carefully. Note how many posters are suggesting unflattering things about your posting style or about you, personally. Bear in mind that some of the more cutting comments have been removed. There's a reason for this.

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL..........he isnt a difference maker? Are you drunk? High? The guys is just starting to move his toes, how can he currently be a difference maker? He hasnt even played a down in the NFL yet?

The problem is you overzealous types get so bent out of shape if someone isnt go hung homer positive everything that you cant even grasp the simple message.

And I never said he WONT be the same player. I said in 2017 he wont. Too much to expect. Does that simple statement send your brain into overload? And I am actually not even saying he definitely wont in 2017, Im just saying it is a long shot.
Yup heard the same thing about Zeke last year. hasnt played a down in the NFL. We dont know what to expect. Sorry to tell you. When you are the BEST at your position. And you recover from an injury. chances are you will reach your potential. I didnt realize you were the cowboys doctor. This is my last message to you because you keep arguing your point and its getting irritating. IF Jaylon Smith gets back to college form. In 2017. Chances of him making the pro bowl. Is that a big if. yes. However we are talking about a generational talent here. Not Bobby Carpenter

waldoputty

Reaction score
From the Jaylon bet thread back in Feb 2017, here was the final 'plot' of the results - just for bragging rights:
1 Injured/cut - bodi, pjthedoors, rkell87, marionbarberthe4th, section444, baz, jimnabby
1.5 - tm119
2 Backup - starboyz83
2.5 - chrisinarizona, gimmetheball!
2.75 - LocimusPrime (eats too much butter)
3 Starter - cowboyblue22, rockdoc, theherd, superboy1986, dencwby
3.25 - theranchsucks, ghst187, vicjagger
3.5 - joshjwp, cowboysyankslakers, mcompact, ghostofpelleur, hardhittin'witten, tyle1doe, michaelwinicki, dboy3141, FuzzyLumpkins, doc50
3.75 - ka0ik, dantanna, roboqb
4 - Marginal Probowl - wavingmonkey, gmoney112, iamliko22, waldoputty, howboutdemcowboys31, shaketiller, eric_h, mahoney_bill, beast_from_east, trouty, zrinkill, ilykdrama
4.5 -sdcowboy85, daillest88, davida, melonfeud
5 Solid Probowl - bigdogcowboy, rat2k8, bluestar, robjay04, theskaven
6 Generational - rgv_clos, scotman, gameover, xwalker (made joke?), phildadon86, dallasdw00ds0n, the_h0wey, irvin88_4life, cowboyswillrise, plasticman

statistically, the bell curve is still centered around 3.75 (3.5 and 4 are ~tied with 10 and 12 votes respectively), though there are good-sized peaks on both extremes of the bell curve which is highly unusual statistically...
curve has also 2 large peaks at the 2 extremes due to fans' excitement (10 votes for generational player) and the slow decay on the other end due to continuing disbelief (7 votes for injury/cut)...

unclear answers from: t-ro, stilltheguru88, mrtxstar, ccboy, maverick84, ksadler1, viman96, reddyuta, cowboys22, haleyrules, jerryrage

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I read this article and it was great to know that the nerves is moving in a positive direction. But then I couldnt help but chuckle about the people that are hoping this guy is going to be the impact savior to our defense this year. I mean....................the guy is just starting to be able to move his toes? My god, just try running a few steps without being able to lift your foot or your toes. The great thing about Smith is his speed. He is a sideline to sideline LBer that is also incredible in coverage. He is not some big run stuffing MLBer that is going to clog the middle. Take away the speed and how effective can he really be? He may be something special a year or so down the line when his is 80% to 100%, if he ever gets there. But to expect a guy out of football for a year, a rookie, and just starting to be able to lift his toes to come in and make a major impact is a bit of a stretch.

I think its safe to presume he'll be an upgrade over Hitch / Wilson. And we already had the #1 run defense last year.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Remains to be seen. He had all-pro ability as a prospect before the injury. I do like his potential if he returns to form. Who wouldn't?

I still hated that pick because I can't get past the fact we needed so much defensive help last season and got nothing for the year with the #4 and the #34 combined. As it stands, he comes in, plays well this year, perhaps becomes an impact player for a year or two, and then is on the free market. If we get a hometown discount at that point, it's all good. But I don't expect to get a hometown discount at that point. Which makes it another unnecessary risk.

Just one more pressure or one more PBU and maybe we win that GB game. After that, who knows what would have happened in 2016? This league is about avoiding mistakes more than it is wildcatting and getting lucky.

Perhaps, Idgit. But we got tremendous value at 4 (obviously, we did there... and I was with you, originally. I wanted Ramsey as well, but Zeke was a hit and we have both had our crow :)), and there is, now, a sprout of hope that we hit a home run with Jaylon (emphasis on sprout).

If Jaylon is a hit, we will re-sign him. This is why we don't sign the fringe players (Wilcox, Church, Claiborne etc) leaving on the end of their deals. It's so we can re-sign our blue-chippers. I don't expect our club would let Jaylon leave if he plays as he is billed. Especially, given at the time of his (Jaylon's) contract being up, Sean Lee's age.

Last edited: