The new highest-graded QB in the NFL

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So...here is the question...

Dak may still show signs of not being clutch in Playoffs...

But...are we all over the Dak cant read a field or make a throw stuff finally? I get that he could get the yips...his career stats suggest he can do some stuff consistently...but are we over the ability to beat zone or read a field stuff? Seems like a lot of people on tv and on message boards have turned the page on that stuff.

He could still choke in a playoff game or look awful in a playoff game...but that could just be a fluke game. Are we confident in his ability as a QB these days?

Jimbo123

Reaction score
220 M, 4years, 180 guaranteed. Lance looking for work in the XFL

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Impressive because it’s a substantial body of work at this point in the season. Two years ago, leaving New England, I believed Dak had arrived, ready to take his place among Cowboys greats. Then, he regressed almost immediately. He wasn’t bad, but he didn’t elevate. Now, he’s back to the player who left New England.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He was at best the 15th best QB last year.

The fact that he's been able to vault himself up about 6 spots has really helped us out.

Will be curious how he plays against good teams...since he's only played 2 so far.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Release the hounds!
:muttley:
200w.gif

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Dak has responded to the challenge to protect the football and utilize his weapons. Awesome. I knew he would because he's a high character guy with a great work ethic.

But at the end of the day, this doesn't mean he is clutch. It doesn't mean that he can win a playoff game throwing it 40x.

We are ONE offensive line injury away from those stats nosediving. I've seen with Dak before. I'm hopeful for good health and as I said, success couldn't happen to a better guy, but these stats are lipstick on a pig.

The question remains: Does Dak have enough weapons to win a SB? If Dak goes into a shell or collapses as he is wont to do in BIGGER games...what does all of this mean?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has responded to the challenge to protect the football and utilize his weapons. Awesome. I knew he would because he's a high character guy with a great work ethic.

But at the end of the day, this doesn't mean he is clutch. It doesn't mean that he can win a playoff game throwing it 40x.

We are ONE offensive line injury away from those stats nosediving. I've seen with Dak before. I'm hopeful for good health and as I said, success couldn't happen to a better guy, but these stats are lipstick on a pig.

The question remains: Does Dak have enough weapons to win a SB? If Dak goes into a shell or collapses as he is wont to do in BIGGER games...what does all of this mean?
I don't think so. Offensive line hasn't played particularly well but I guess if they lost Tyron things would change. But I don't know about nosedive.

It all means nothing if he doesn't do it when it matters. But I see no reason to believe he can't do it when it matters if everyone continues to play at a high level.