The new highest-graded QB in the NFL

Eddie

Reaction score
It means he’s playing well and that increases our chance to win. Winning is the goal.

Come on Fonzie

But it sounds like the purpose of the original post is to proclaim the greatest of the Dak.

Let's see how he does in the playoffs .... his 8 year history may come into play.

Take care of the Seahawks, Eagles, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions ... and then we'll see. Running up stats against the Giants and Panthers will only get you so much support.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So Dak needs to stop being meta and answering questions, right?

That road leads to the darkside, right? For Dak...right?

The commanders game will tell you if "this team" is doing that....doing what?
Yes. Emoting too much around men is a vulnerability that will be exploited. Either you get this…or you’ll blather on about how “nice it would be” too talk it out. BS…in a competitive sport with ups and downs…sharing your deepest emotions and then being cross-examined after every game will break you down. It’s why all QBs don’t say much until after they retire. Troy was bland. Even Romo tried to shy away from this towards the end. Keep it in house and tell the press what they want to hear.

ghst187

Reaction score
Great season. The huge drop in INT this year has been nice (currently 21 total touchdowns to only 6 INT). Last season he had 24 total TD to 15 INT
Agree, I believe that’s MM “managing his qb” with better situational play calling not treating him like he’s Brady/Manning, also giving him better reads with the play calling

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We can only hope. Dak needs to stop being meta and answering questions about how he "feels". That road leads to the dark side. The Commanders game will tell me if this team is doing that. They are playing for Rivera's job IMO.
Cowboys are playing good ball, Dak is having a career stretch and don't care about the back-and-forth arguments about level of competition.

I care and hope more for "team" hitting its peak at the appropriate time.

Vegas experts have awarded Dallas with the most respect, today at -13.5, and have been doing the same in recent games as well, so Vegas knows that not only does Dallas beat the weak teams, we dominate them now.

If this TEAM is using this soft spot in the schedule to start opening up the playbook with the opportunity to expand and completely come together playing their best ball now would be "timely."

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The first time since his rookie year that he is in the top 5 in QB rating. He is having a great season. Lets hope he keeps it going. Definitely bounced back nicely after the San Fran game. Still prefer the 2016 Dak but this is the closest we have seen to that player in a while.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Emoting too much around men is a vulnerability that will be exploited. Either you get this…or you’ll blather on about how “nice it would be” too talk it out. BS…in a competitive sport with ups and downs…sharing your deepest emotions and then being cross-examined after every game will break you down. It’s why all QBs don’t say much until after they retire. Troy was bland. Even Romo tried to shy away from this towards the end. Keep it in house and tell the press what they want to hear.
Still trying to figure out how you went from "Dak needs to shut up" to "commanders game will show if the team is doing it".

Try reading the comment you quoted more carefully. or else! :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first time since his rookie year that he is in the top 5 in QB rating. He is having a great season. Lets hope he keeps it going. Definitely bounced back nicely after the San Fran game. Still prefer the 2016 Dak but this is the closest we have seen to that player in a while.
Yep...he seems to be playing in his own game right now. A few runs....not trying to superhero anything.

I apologize if I offend anyone but it is true fact we have been playing losers lately. So just keep doing this even if they are good teams....it's fine...he can do it if he stays calm even when there is heavy fire.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Great season. The huge drop in INT this year has been nice (currently 21 total touchdowns to only 6 INT). Last season he had 24 total TD to 15 INT
yeah, but typically he's not a person that throws a lot of interceptions. proof he's 9th. all time in the NFL to touchdown to interception ratio... also year before 2021 a great year 37 tds 10 ints better then mahomes 37-13...

Needing to talk about iot is moot, shows last year was an anomaly and more to do with the Line(tipped balls him being grabbed/hit from behind while releasing ball), receivers, play calling etc.. Oddball bounces..

we witnessed the reason he wasnt truly making bad decisions on say 7 not ruly on him but no one could let it go and those counting his practice /camp INts were morons. they made it a story..

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out how you went from "Dak needs to shut up" to "commanders game will show if the team is doing it".

Try reading the comment you quoted more carefully. or else! :laugh:
For context, what I said: "Dak needs to stop being meta and answering questions about how he "feels". That road leads to the dark side. The Commanders game will tell me if this team is doing that."

Are you trying to figure it out? Are you CAPABLE of figuring it out?

Dak needs to shut up. He is a team leader and shouldn't be publicly introspective. I hope this team is focused on the task at hand and not how Dak or THEY feel. Capice?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
If youre going to constantly move goal posts...be consistent about it.

I know...its not what the system wants to here.

But...if Dak has to wait until Playoffs...so does every other QB. And the ones that dont make the playoffs arent better than Dak if Dak makes it. But...then the posts shift to an excuse of those other QBs having a bad team. Its a team game when defending other QBs...its all on Dak when discussing Dak. YAWN!

CJ Stroud cant be listed as better than Dak. Eli is better than Peyton based on Rings. IT NEVER ENDS

Based on current QB market in NFL...Im fine with Dak's contract. If he plays poorly in the Playoffs he should offer a discount to the Cowboys on his next contract. In fact...if he plays poorly in Playoffs...I think the Jones' are not budging on their contract offer with him this time. Dak is the finest Bus Driver in the League....every GM would pay his current contract and then some for his ability. Even Howie.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For context, what I said: "Dak needs to stop being meta and answering questions about how he "feels". That road leads to the dark side. The Commanders game will tell me if this team is doing that."

Are you trying to figure it out? Are you CAPABLE of figuring it out?

Dak needs to shut up. He is a team leader and shouldn't be publicly introspective. I hope this team is focused on the task at hand and not how Dak or THEY feel. Capice?
Okay fine...we're making progress.

You have stated your sentiment more clearly now. (even though you SAID in quoting your own words it was DAK you were FIRST talking about then changed it to the team....capice? )

So as I said two or three times...how does the Commanders game prove it to you? (whatever it is you want to prove) . That is a low bar. Commanders are a bad team in disarray (by your own words "fighting for coaches job"....BAD TEAM!)

When we "stay focused on the task at hand" against the Eagles and San Fran...THAT will "prove it to me"...capice?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But it sounds like the purpose of the original post is to proclaim the greatest of the Dak.

Let's see how he does in the playoffs .... his 8 year history may come into play.

Take care of the Seahawks, Eagles, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions ... and then we'll see. Running up stats against the Giants and Panthers will only get you so much support.
No. That’s some weird **** you want to read into it.

There’s plenty of critique of his game out there. Plenty of people that cast doubt on his game and production. These simple facts about his play are the counter argument to that.

If he takes care of the Eagles, Dolphins, Bills, and Lions many (maybe you) will say “show me in the playoffs or you’re no good at all and we want to get another QB because finding good NFL QBS is easy”.

Tell me what you want to do at QB that will give us a better chance to win. Please make sure it’s both realistic and a not stupid idea.