*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

willia451

Reaction score
Oh good grief Jerry you arrogant, egotistical, attention starved moron, can't you do anything right?

This is our shot to get a lot better in a very short amount of time.

An opportunity like this only comes around once a decade or so. Especially with the Cowboys.

And its more important for Jerry to show the world he's still in charge and still doing things "His" way.

Hooooo Boy. Oh well. Many did predict this. So we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not. Just disappointed. Again.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They might as well just have everyone watch the Sistene Chapel for black or white smoke and be done with the other nonsense.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
100% convinced that JJ has asked JG to come back to the org in some capacity, just not as coach.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah..

But if coaches are being told they are free to go elsewhere for jobs..

that's seismic.

Those coaches under contract are whom.?

They will get the remainder of their deals probably paid out by Jones and move onto their deals have not expired.

This should indicate that the new coach has the staff already pencilled in to come to Dallas.

Just read 18 coaches had their contracts expire today.

This is like Jimster leaving UM back in the day and he brought the UM staff with him.

Intereresting.

Do you lay around at night just thinking of stuff to make up? First,. Jones hasn't informed Garrett yet that his contract won't be renewed. Second, if Jones had already contacted a new coach and worked out a contract that would have been huge news in every media outlet. Third, Even if the first two were true than all those coaches that make up this staff, one of those coaches that agree to it would have slipped into some media's wheelhouse and something would have been publicized. Lastly Jones isn't going to make that huge mistake and hire a college coach as a 1st time NFL coach with a dismal record with their first team so there won't be any college coaching staff turning NFL coaching staff.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Are you looking at us?

CdKppSm.jpg
Ummmm no
iu

stinkface

Reaction score
100% convinced that JJ has asked JG to come back to the org in some capacity, just not as coach.

I think Garrett wants to be a head coach. I don't see him sitting in a Cowboys office somewhere. Just doesn't make sense in my mind. Hell, he could be the Giants coach this time next week.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Setting aside the discussion surrounding if, or when, Garrett goes, I have enjoyed this forum more in the past few days that any other time I can remember. More people posting and many of whom are generally quiet. More sarcasm, more heartfelt comments of undying fandom, more thrills, more chills and more angst. What a way to end the year.

At this point, about the only thing that would surprise me is Roger Goodall stepping down in an admission he bungled the Zeke Elliot cas a couple of years ago.

:muttley:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Adam Shefter just said on ESPN that nothing is changed and that the Jones are going on vacation.

So I don't expect any news until the 14th so Jerry can bask in the extra attention.