*** The Official Garrett Watch Thread ***

tm1119

Reaction score
Garrett is staying...I’m sure of it. If this was a mercy thing by Jerry it wouldn’t be getting dragged out in the media like this. Getting it over with and letting Garrett seek new employment (if desired) is the right thing to do.

At best Jerry is having serious conflicting thoughts about letting Garrett go.

OR, real plot twist, they are negotiating some sort of front office position for Jason.

There’s just no way Jerry has already decided 100% that there will be a new coach next year.

And it’s sickening

MarkP88

Reaction score
Garrett is staying...I’m sure of it. If this was a mercy thing by Jerry it wouldn’t be getting dragged out in the media like this. Getting it over with and letting Garrett seek new employment (if desired) is the right thing to do.

At best Jerry is having serious conflicting thoughts about letting Garrett go.

OR, real plot twist, they are negotiating some sort of front office position for Jason.

There’s just no way Jerry has already decided 100% that there will be a new coach next year.

And it’s sickening
Hate to say it, but I think I may agree with this take...

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I'm seriously starting to believe Garrett is getting a front office gig now. How could there be two days of meetings with Garrett and no decision?
I'm now starting to think that he's not leaving and it's now a question of the capacity in which he'll be staying. We know they won't be announcing anything tomorrow, so that brings us to Thursday. If JG were leaving the organization, it make sense that he would have been told no later than today so that he could begin looking at other opportunities. I said before that the longer this drags out, the greater the odds that he stays. Oh boy...

Redline360

Reaction score
If he extends Garrett even one year I hope everyone boycotts going to the games.

Let the stadium be filled with other team colors. Only way Jones would get the picture

bewp7

Reaction score
now i’m actually getting worried. i jokingly said before i had a bad feeling jerry would find a reason to give garrett a new contract but now i think it could really happen...that’s unreal.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Read the comments by people that have been Dallas fans for years, even generations, and you will see that even the die hard are about ready to be done with supporting this team as a result of Jerry Jones' antics.

Instead of giving fans hope of turning the page to get back to the winning years we are all stuck in purgatory because Jerry wants the theatrics.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Read the comments by people that have been Dallas fans for years, even generations, and you will see that even the die hard are about ready to be done with supporting this team as a result of Jerry Jones' antics.

Instead of giving fans hope of turning the page to get back to the winning years we are all stuck in purgatory because Jerry wants the theatrics.

If Garrett stays, I’m gone until Jerry no longer walks among us. If ebay is still allowing it, I will be selling my fandom to the highest bidder.

MikeB80

Reaction score
i wonder if they are waiting until garrett has something lined up for another job before they agree to go their separate ways?