The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Lol he needs to move to running back
I'd like to know what his 40yd dash time is. The guy can move, if he's as fast as he appeared, he should play WR or RB.
But as for QB? I was on the kid's side for the first 2 PS games, but after game 3, no longer. It would cost the Cowboys a lot of money to hold onto this kid for so little promise of return on investment, unless he wants to change to WR or RB, and that's assuming he's as fast as he looked. But PS game #3 for me was the last straw for QB.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Trey Lance today:

• 34 - 49, 323 Passing Yards
  • 5 INT
  • 52.9 Passer Rating
  • 2 Fumbles
ABSOLUTE *** :p:facepalm::espn:

Screenshot-20240824-195259-X.jpg

Last edited:

MS17

Reaction score
We need to speed up the process of Jerry making a fool out of himself. That way we can get a real GM soon.
That process is plausible, probably long overdue. The real problem is, however, Stephen and daddy will handle the selection-hiring of that real GM, who will report to those two.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I expect to see Lance cut. I was optimistic about his chances till tonight. I don't now how they could hold on to him after the Chargers game.
I think this game showed by far the most promise/potential.

He was mostly very good, passing and running. Unfortunately, when he wasn't he was really bad.

But, that's what you expect from someone with talent but that is very raw and inexperienced.

He's definitely got a ways to go before he's ready, and that's not ideal with him on the final year of his contract. But, it's undeniable that he flashed immense potential today.

Whether or not he can reach that potential, or if it will be with Dallas, remains to be seen.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
One is a 24 year old with 0 experience. The other is a 8-year Vet.

Its obvious why somebody would defend one and not the other
So Dak wasn't getting criticized when he was throwing INTs or having bad games earlier in his career? How much more experience does Lance need? Other QBs his age has came along faster and have done so because they have proven themselves to be reliable enough to earn a starting job on their team. Where as Lance hasn't been able to even win back the starting job with the 49ers or even convince them that he was worth keeping as a back up over Sam Darnold.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
While the multiple first round picks they gave up were a sunk cost, I doubt them getting a late 4th round pick put them in the mood to laugh
They laugh because they put one over a snake salesman. And that we're wasting time trying to make Lance into an NFL qb instead of drafting one ourselves.

mardwin

Reaction score
I was rooting for Lance and still am, because I'm a Cowboys fan.

But Dak just gained more leverage.
There's no leverage unless Jerry wants him back and the word is that Jerry has his doubts.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
we lost a 4th pick Jerrah !!!!
Big deal, if you're gonna try a guy out, a 4th isn't a bad price to pay. Whaddya think a draft pick would cost to try out a QB? Not every 1st or 2nd round QB pick is going to turn out good. He was worth taking a look at and a 4th round pick is not a bad price to pay.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So Dak wasn't getting criticized when he was throwing INTs or having bad games earlier in his career? How much more experience does Lance need? Other QBs his age has came along faster and have done so because they have proven themselves to be reliable enough to earn a starting job on their team. Where as Lance hasn't been able to even win back the starting job with the 49ers or even convince them that he was worth keeping as a back up over Sam Darnold.
No one was criticizing Dak in 2016