The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what matters is what does jerry think of lance >??
He already said lance made the 53.
Also take away the 5 ints lol and lance did good today working with the low level guys.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think we really wanted Lance show he could handle the #2.

In that situation, you can develop a few packages for him that are primarily RPO. The running QB skills are very good and it lets you take some of that off Dak.

But if he can't beat out Cooper Rush with a full TC and pre-season, well, it isn't looking good.

I still don't have any problem with the trade. We gave up a 4th for a guy who the 49ers invested three first in. That's a decent price for a look see on someone who was very highly regarded coming out of college.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the kid's got work to do on his accuracy and seeing the field. But can also see that McCarthy was letting him play and not trying to protect him like Dak was protected in 2016. I was really rooting for the kid to pull off the game winning drive in the end and he came close to pulling it off. But so be it. Obviously he's not really to compete with Dak and TBH Rush is the safer pick for QB #2 for right now. Still not ready to give up on Lance. But I do understand why some believe Lance isn't it. He would have been a lot better had he got more playing time in college - hard to make up that deficiency at the NFL level.

UncleRico

Reaction score
I think we should move on from Dak at anything more than 50mil but anyone who can watch Lance play and think we should move off Dak to HIM is beyond me.

If my options are pay Dak 60mil or let him walk and Lance becomes the guy I’m giving Dak a check yesterday.

Just like the Dak fanboys, the Dak haters are just as cringe.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think we really wanted Lance show he could handle the #2.

In that situation, you can develop a few packages for him that are primarily RPO. The running QB skills are very good and it lets you take some of that off Dak.

But if he can't beat out Cooper Rush with a full TC and pre-season, well, it isn't looking good.

I still don't have any problem with the trade. We gave up a 4th for a guy who the 49ers invested three first in. That's a decent price for a look see on someone who was very highly regarded coming out of college.
With that logic another team should be happy to give us at least a 7th round pick in 2028.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
I understand a lot of fans want to move on from Dak. I feel the same way.

That being said. Don’t let desire for something different cloud your judgment. Trey Lance ain’t it.

If the cowboys are going to move on from Dak we need to draft a good QB prospect this upcoming draft.
This