The Official Trey Lance Thread concerning the game

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jerry loves Lance.

And in the end, Jerry gets what he wants.

Enjoy the show.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The face of a man who can never admit mistakes. Starting with being the oldest GM in NFL history who has not won two playoff games in a row since my 40 year old son was 12.

A rich fool is the most dangerous fool. His wealth gives him false bravado and he’s surrounded by sycophants who won’t tell him his time has long passed. A rich fool cannot learn or look in the mirror. It is truly a sad situation for us Cowboys fans.

The only wealth that matters in competitive sports is the win column.
Yeah we know Bob, we’re pounded over the head with it hourly here. Thanks again for the reminder. :facepalm:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

He'll likely bounce around for a few years as other teams intrigued by his skill-set give him a shot, but it will take him a while to even develop into a No. 2 if he doesn't get a bunch more snaps. There are things you can't learn as a QB until you've experienced them, and he just hasn't got the experience.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Love the kid’s attitude.

Keep grinding.

Hopefully, someone will take the time to work with him on the mistakes he made. Can't not see those underneath defenders. Of course, starting NFL QBs have trouble with that at times. The whole point of dropping a lineman is to try to fool the QB into reading the defense before the snap and thinking that receiver is going to be open.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He’s only owed $800,000 between now and the end of the season. He was paid $4.5 million on the 5th day of training camp.
And? We already paid him. We need a QB3. There is no benefit to cutting him. Maybe I am missing something. Is there some awesome QB3 out there?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Trey made the 53 man rooster , with a 52 QB rating .

Classic .
the jones boys know what they are doing !! lol
you guys need to realize jerry made this trade, he is ALL IN !! on trey. Otherwise he has to admit he made a mistake.

MM doesnt know how to use a qb like lance. and Lance looks like he has never had anyone coach him up properly.
He has potential, with the right HC.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
God luck with that. He will suck then too because he won’t have any reps played between then and now. Then we will say oh it’s only year 5 he’s still a project.

I’m rooting for him but man you guys have to stop being naive and believing what Jerry sells you. The 49ers spent three first round picks on Lance and determined in 3 seasons they can’t do anything with him. Now if the 49ers can’t develop him why on earth do you guys think the Dallas Cowboys can?
You are the naive one. The plan has been obvious from the minute they traded for Trey. They are going to let Dak go after this year, Trey will get a chance next year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take a QB in next year's draft, and/or sign a experienced young QB.( Someone like Davis Mills) But Lance will be given a chance. Watch and see...

Mark

Reaction score
First scripted series looked amazing, until it inevitably stalled deep in the red zone. It's clear the guy can make out-of-the-gate throws he's been practicing all week. And has the ability to kill an opponent with his run game. It's those judgment passes when things break down that separates the best from the rest.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
He’s a practice squad guy right now. He’s a few seasons away from being a decent backup.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
He’s a practice squad guy right now. He’s a few seasons away from being a decent backup.
He took Rush's job today, not with the 5 ints, but he made a few throws Rush is incapable of, plus he has the wheels. If he has to play in a regular season game the play calls would be a lot more conservative than they were today. They were trying to see how much he could do today, in a real game they are going to lean more on the things they know he does well.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't plan my weekends around preseason games, so I didn't get a chance to catch much of this game. All I could do is watch the highlights. Besides the picks, how bad was he? Because it looked like he was throwing the ball around pretty good, and with some zip. But again, I'm just watching highlights.

I have to give him a little slack because he's playing with all backups. But you can't throw picks in the endzone. That is a big no no. He definitely needs some work on ill advised passes.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The more I think about it, I just know Jerry brought Lance here to use as leverage against Dak. If Lance had an elite game today, Dak was never going to get paid by us. Jerry just lost this gamble...
That's why he did it. It was never going to work. It was stupid.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
They folks who pushed hard on Trey Lance to replace Dak need to have their QB posting rights revoked.

Not saying Dak is the answer, but anyone who saw Lance play for SF knew the kid was in over his head in the NFL.

Not to mention EVERY Jerry QB project move the last 30 years has failed miserably.

gimmesix

Reaction score
He took Rush's job today, not with the 5 ints, but he made a few throws Rush is incapable of, plus he has the wheels. If he has to play in a regular season game the play calls would be a lot more conservative than they were today. They were trying to see how much he could do today, in a real game they are going to lean more on the things they know he does well.
If we lost Dak for the season, then I do believe Lance would replace him ... simply because we know we're not going to go anywhere with Rush, either. However, Rush will be the game-day backup because we trust him to hold serve for a short time more than we do Lance. Rush has an extremely high football IQ, which is why we've been able to win five games with him stepping in. He's not going to make a whole lot of plays that will help you win but he's also not going to make a whole lot of mistakes that will cause you to lose. He can't overcome the running game not pulling its weight or the defense playing poorly, because when he has to take on more of the workload in winning, he doesn't have the skills for that.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Rush has won in this league. Trey hasn't done anything. Trey has trouble against 3rd and 4th stringers. If Trey jumps Rush then it shows that Jerry's pulling the strings again.